Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Wonder Woman (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  21  22  23   
Author Topic: Wonder Woman
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Reboot. I wrote "next issue" but in my head was thinking "in the next issue of this storyline (whenever that may be)".
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
According to one of the panels this weekend (forgot which and which site had the news) the final part of "Who is Wonder Woman" will be a 48 page special. No idea when it will be released.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Not feeling this as much as I thought I would. Heinberg's Young Avengers were so good I was expecting a bit more I guess. Infact didn't care for the set up at all. She's suddenly WW again? huh?

I like the elements. Nemesis, the agency stuff, Circe, the Hercules twist. I LOVE the art. But as far as WW stories go it's a bit simple. I don't see much of a difference than the last few years of WW...just less complex.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I loved the teaser cliffhanger at the end with the tons of old WW villains showing up, lots in silhouette... but now it might be a year or whatever before that story wraps? This was a bad idea.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
re: "give me monthly or else" thing, I'm spending so damn much money on comics already that I wouldn't mind if more books were bi-monthly or quarterly. I would be fine if no other issue of WW came out until this arc was completed, then they could go full-tilt with the next team if they wanted.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd rather they released storylines together. In other words, if a crative team can only get six issues out in a year, I'd rather read them in January through June and have no issues the rest of the year.

That ain't gonna happen for long with a character like WW, though.

Sorry for your wallet, LASHie, but I expect a bunch of biweekly Wondy-related stuff soon. Guess AMAZONS ATTACK will be part of that (which looks good, by the way, though I don't particularly want to read more Amazon deaths).

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I don't particularly want to read more Amazon deaths).
For an ageless race that doesn't reproduce, they sure do burn through them, don't they? I'm surprised they made it past 28 AD at this rate...
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Heinberg's story was fun and the art was great, but like everything he's done in comics, the lateness of the book kept me uninterested throughout the run despite having some initial enthusiasm.

Looking forward to a writer that can make a monthly commmittment without crappy excuses.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hunt Drouin
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hunt Drouin   Email Hunt Drouin         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, so I picked up # 5 today and had no idea that they weren't finishing the "Who is Wonder Woman" story this issue.

Seems pretty lame to me.

From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
I think I am just gonna drop this title. If they can't finish what they start, I'll spend my money on something else.
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hunt Drouin
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hunt Drouin   Email Hunt Drouin         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, picked up # 6 today. With all of Wonder woman's enemies, etc. why are they using the same one we saw in the "Who is Wonder Woman" uncompleted arc? Did they not tell the new writer what was going on before she began her run?

Very disappointing and I want to like this title.

From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
re: "give me monthly or else" thing, I'm spending so damn much money on comics already that I wouldn't mind if more books were bi-monthly or quarterly. I would be fine if no other issue of WW came out until this arc was completed, then they could go full-tilt with the next team if they wanted.

quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
I'd rather they released storylines together. In other words, if a crative team can only get six issues out in a year, I'd rather read them in January through June and have no issues the rest of the year.

That ain't gonna happen for long with a character like WW, though.

Sorry for your wallet, LASHie, but I expect a bunch of biweekly Wondy-related stuff soon. Guess AMAZONS ATTACK will be part of that (which looks good, by the way, though I don't particularly want to read more Amazon deaths).

I agree 100%. They want events? Forget monthly. I rather have a collected graphic novel the size of 3 to 6 issues.

I thought about this since i was in high school 13 years ago. Popular characters should have 3 to 4 of these GN come out a year. Less popular characters should have atleast one.

Thing is they would make less money. Now the sell the monthlies and then the collected versions of them. Ohwell, it would be fun.

I didn't dig WW #5. Hunt, how can they drop the ball like this with #6???

I praise DC cause they seem to be much more professional than Marvel at times and care more about their characters. But IMO they've dropped the ball with Wonder Woman big time! (and the Legion)

I mean the whole point of this new title was to prove she deserves to be one of the big 3. Good job DC.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hunt Drouin
Substitute

Couldn't agree more Jorge. Diana's not looking very "Big 3" right now. The only good thing they've done is reintroduce the twirl to change her from Diana Prince to WW. Oh, for the days of Lynda Carter, ha!
kid chaos

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kid chaos   Author's Homepage   Email kid chaos         Edit/Delete Post     
Though I'm happy to see the return of her secret ID, is anyone else find it a little silly that "Diana Prince" is always standing around in a room full of giant Wonder Woman images and no one else in the room (people whose full time jobs are allegedly to study and find WW no less) makes the connection...
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
I found #6 to be a mixed bag. Some good stuf wrapped up in more "blah".

My favoite part of the issue was the scene inside the Hero theme park when Nemisis is buying the WW doll for his niece. When Diana asks why the WW doll is less expensive than the Bats one, the clerk responds that she's never sold as well as Superman/Batman. Makes me wonder if it was a tip of the hat to all those involved in the debate over whether or not she's really deserving of her "DCU Big 3" status. I imagine the writer is aware of this on going debate and is trying to address it.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  21  22  23   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.