Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Current Pull List (Page 16)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: The Current Pull List
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dev - Em:
I'm about to drop my pull list to the Legion books, Flash, Animal Man, Swamp Thing and The walking dead.

Will have to catch up on everything else at a later date.

No Chew or AmVamp? [Frown]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I love those...but I am loosing my job in less than 2 weeks, and have to cut. I'll catch back up eventually. Beside my one shop keeps missing issues here and there (the only one of the AMVAMP mini I got in my box was #2) and the fact that oddball stuff keeps ending up in there...I just cannot continue this way anymore. Have to cut back and catch up where and when I can.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Hope things stabilize for you soon, Dev! As you say--you can always catch up later.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
With the new job, this appears to be the list as of now...

Dynamite
-----
The Lone Ranger
Flash Gordon
Zorro
The Shadow

maybe Lord of the Jungle

DC Comics
-----
Legion of Super Heroes
Legion Lost
Legion: Secret Origins
The Flash
Animal Man
Swamp Thing
The Shade
Worlds Finest
Earth 2
American Vampire

-----
The Walking Dead
Chew

IDW
-----
Ghostbusters
Star Trek / Legion of Super Heroes

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I'm also collecting more DCnU than I intended!

I've actually made some small cuts on comics I wasn't truly enjoying to make more room for them:

Super Dinosaur
Ultimate Spider-Man (in fact I passed on all the Ultimate relaunches)
The Dark Tower (just doesn't thrill me like the novels did).
House of Mystery (cancelled but I was gonna axe it anyway).

There's a few more that might be cut but in a lot of cases the publishers are making my list smaller anyway.

Nonetheless, I'm still collecting way more comics in Oct than I was in Aug!

One of the things Marvel is trying to sneakily do is while they shrink their line and cancel titles, is make a lot of comics ship bi-monthly so readers are spending double every other month or so. As expected, there is no announcement as they try to pull a fast one rather than be up front about it. It's not a bad policy if the series is fantastic--I'll take 2 a month if I love the series. Unfortunately, many comics I only casually like are the ones coming out way too much. So I've begun cancelling a few, since I'm constantly trying to trim my DC's these days to make room for all the excellent comics from Image, Dynamite and other publishers.

Out (prob more to come)
Hulk - the Red Hulk one
X-Factor
Avengers Academy

I also dropped I, Zombie. I love the art but the story just hasn't been doing it for me. For a number of month I could hardly do more than breeze through and look at the art and that's just not enough to keep me buying.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Probability Pete
Probably

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Probability Pete   Email Probability Pete         Edit/Delete Post     
hi colbalt kid, space buddy.

lol. just checking in... in space.

From: NJ | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
As I am getting back into reading comics, I am also making cuts so pull list is far from finalized.

Recently cut Animal Man and Batwoman.

Also cut New Mutants (mainly due to far too many EVENT and X-crossovers), which means for the first time ever my pull-list has NO monthly Marvel titles on it. I *will* still read any YOUNG AVENGERS and MARVEL ZOMBIES titles that come out though.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Probability Pete
Probably

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Probability Pete   Email Probability Pete         Edit/Delete Post     
hi lash i heard avengers childens crusade was good. it got a write up in the local paper.
From: NJ | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Hey Pete! Yep, Children's Crusade is really really good... The Young Avengers stuff has been excellent. I wish this creative team could produce monthly, it really is the level of Claremont/Cockrum/Byrne X-Men or Levitz/Giffen LSH for me.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Probability Pete
Probably

wow. it got a big write up in the nj star ledger,thats the local paper; they have a comic book article every sunday. i'm gonna read it cause i liked the old young avengers series.
they said the new series was really good. thanks.

daredevil is good. i like that. do you read it?

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

No, Young Avengers is the only Marvel comic I'm reading currently.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Hey Pete! Great to see you back here! What'cha reading these days?

I second Lash's recommendation for Young Avengers--it's damn near perfect, except for the fact that its so unreliable schedule-wise.

Daredevil is my absolute favorite comic book by DC or Marvel these days. It has my highest recommendation! It totally kills everything else the big two publish.

Lash, the one comic that I'm just shocked you're not reading it Atomic Robo! It's so right up your alley! The tone, the humor, the crazy usage of super-science...it's as if the creative team of Matter-Eater Lad: the Series started up a comic book company and needed a series to publish first and then recognized that there was only one contender: Atomic Robo.

Probability Pete
Probably

hi colbat my buddy, i'm reading a bio about nc wyeth. comic i only keep up with walking dead. daredevil,thor and iron man. some batman. here and there. doing kinda ok. much better than when last i was on and was posting. tough road. but hey, that life. you a good man. not following too much legion. but i got some oldies. you know no covers from moms house. drawing again w/ grell and cockrum. swiping the panels, u still security @legionworld?. lol.
Probability Pete
Probably

p.s. just finished "a high wind from jamaica".
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Action Comics
American Vampire
Animal Man
Aquaman
Batgirl
Batman Beyond Unlimited
Batwoman
Fables
Green Lantern: New Guardians
I Zombie
Justice League Dark
Legion Lost
Legion of Super-Heroes
Legion: Secret Origin
Ray
Resurrection Man
Supergirl
Swamp Thing
Tiny Titans

Avengers Academy
Generation Hope
New Mutants
Villains for Hire (NOT THAT ONE)

Dark Shadows
Glory
Grimm Fairy Tales
Grimm Fairy Tales: Alice in Wonderland
Grimm Fairy Tales: The Library
Grimm Fairy Tales: Myths and Legends

Upcoming

All-Star Western (Waiting for Nighthawk and Cinnamon)
Batman Incorporated
Dial H
Worlds Finest (For how long I don't know)

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.