Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Current Pull List (Page 15)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: The Current Pull List
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I just ordered the AmVamp TPB... took them forever to release the softcover and I missed the HC solicit! hopefully the next volumes will be forthcoming apace... Green Wake sounds interesting and looks stunning. I may check online with Midtown rather than tradesit...

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Still at the top of my list is P.S.238 by Aaron Williams, though it has been appearing less and less frequently over the past year. www.ps238.com

I'm also still getting Age Of Bronze by Eric Shanower, published intermittently by Image. www.age-of-bronze.com

Apparently, a new volume of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was just released; I'm working on tracking down a copy. This issue seems to have been solicited with very little fanfare, and I completely overlooked it.

Just one more issue to go for John Byrne's Next Men, though reportedly a spin-off of sorts is in the pipeline.

Which brings us to DC:

Justice League
Justice League International

I've been following the JLA for forty years; I don't buy every tie-in miniseries, but I do always buy the main title. I can't get excited about "Justice League Dark" based on what I've heard about it so far, though.

Legion of Super-Heroes
Legion Lost

Sticking with the LSH, and I will give the new spinoff a chance, though I for one would be a lot happier if Tellus and Gates were staying with the main team. The Legion needs *more* non-humanoid characters, and instead they're losing two of the few they had!

Action Comics
Superman

I've been following the Super-titles for a while. I'm interested in seeing what the new creative teams will do ... though that cover for Superman # 1 looks disturbingly a lot more like S-Prime than good ol' Supes.

Captain Atom
Mister Terrific

After reading a number of online interviews with writers of new ongoing DC titles, I have decided to give two of them a chance sight unseen. I was tempted by a few others, but I thought I'd better leave some room in my budget for miniseries. And sure enough, October brought:

LSH: Secret Origins (apologies if this is not exactly the correct title)
The Shade
Star Trek/Legion of Super-Heroes

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
So today, I figured out my new pull list as of September. I made quite a few cuts but anticipate I'll be sampling a lot of new books and possibly not having *hard* cuts on books I'm not gonna commit to anymore (like GL family and FF). So here, for the first time ever in this thread, is a complete Lardy Pull List for Sept/Oct.....

DC
Legion of Super Heroes
Legion Lost
Legion: Secret Origin
Batgirl
Batwoman
Batman
Swamp Thing
Firestorm
Justice League
Justice League International
Flash
Aquaman
Superman

DC/Vertigo
Scalped
Fables
American Vampire
American Vampire : Survival of Fittest
DMZ (trades)

Marvel
Amazing Spider-Man
Alpha Flight
Herc
Daredevil
Criminal
PunisherMax
Ka-Zar
SHIELD

Walking Dead
Invincible
Morning Glories
Chew
Green Wake
Drums
Severed
Undying Love
Who Is Jake Ellis? (trade)

Dynamite
The Boys
Boys: Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker
Jennifer Blood
Lone Ranger Vol. 4 (trade)

IDW
Cold War (new John Byrne project)
Legion/Star Trek

I will be evaluating all my titles closely and anticipate updating my pull month-to-month.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Jillikers! I can't wait for Comic Book Review Month: September Edition for you to review all of those! Green Wake, Drums, Undying Love--all comics I haven't tried! Jennifer Blood, which I'm also reading. And Ka-Zar which totally flew under my radar!

Cool to have you post this Lardy!

Like you, so many DC Comics are in that "bubble" where I'll be testing the waters here and there. I might say I'm not going to get it, but chances are I'll buy at least #1 and #2.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Jillikers! I can't wait for Comic Book Review Month: September Edition for you to review all of those! Green Wake, Drums, Undying Love--all comics I haven't tried! Jennifer Blood, which I'm also reading. And Ka-Zar which totally flew under my radar!

Cool to have you post this Lardy!

Like you, so many DC Comics are in that "bubble" where I'll be testing the waters here and there. I might say I'm not going to get it, but chances are I'll buy at least #1 and #2.

Yeah, if you look back thru this thread, this really IS the first time I've posted a full list! There are a few others I'm gonna try like JL Dark and maybe the GL titles if the reviews show they're going in the direction I want them to, but these are what I want held in my bag. I'm tempted to pare things down even more, so I can continue to try new awesome-looking Image titles!

I just read Drums #2 last night: this Image mini is FRICKIN' AWESOME!!! I hope it gets an ongoing upgrade like Green Wake did. Undying Love looks to be a series of miniseries. Reviews of all three will be upcoming--PROMISE! [Yes]

Issue 1 of the Ka-Zar mini was pretty terrific as well--I posted a mini-review here!

Accidentally unlisted on the Image section was Jonathan Hickman's The Red Wing. I read issue one yesterday, as well, and so far, it looks to be better than either his FF or SHIELD! [Yes]

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I also loved Hickman's Red Wing and was all set up to review before I got pulled away to do something else. We should both make sure to review #2!

I know nothing about Drums or Undying Love and am now curious!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Is anyone getting Blue Estate by Image? I've been hemming and hawwing for awhile and now wish I'd added it right away. I'll have to trackdown the back issues and those are hard to find (I'll ask my CBS guy anyway if he can help).

It looks really good.

Instead I probably got something terrible like the latest issues of Action Comics or Uncanny X-Men. Dumb, Cobie, dumb!

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm picking up Blue Estate, Des. Overall, I'm enjoying it. It doesn't feel "must read" at this point, so I didn't put it on my official pull. However, I do plan to continue to pick it up over at least the next 2 or 3 issues minimum. I'll try to post a more specific review soon.

--------------------

SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's the list I'm gonna be giving to my CBS tomorrow...

Justice League
Action Comics
Batgirl
Detective Comics
Stormwatch
Batman & Robin
Batwoman
Legion Lost
Suicide Squad
Superboy
Batman
Birds of Prey
Legion of Super-Heroes
Nightwing
Red Hood & Outlaws
Supergirl
Wonder Woman
Flash
Fury of Firestorm
Justice League Dark
Superman
Teen Titans

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Current List:

iZombie
Hellblazer
Justice League Dark
Red Lanterns
Action Comics
Demon Knights
Frankenstein: Agent of SHADE
Swamp Thing
Batman
Huntress
Legion of Super-Heroes
Legion Lost
Legion of Super-Heroes: Secret Origin
Legion of Super-Heroes/Star Trek

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Dave, I'm hoping you do a review of Hellblazer for CBRM! I don't collect it and am always curious on how it is these days.
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
I keep meaning to throw them in the Vertigo thread, but always forget. Needless to say its been an excellent run with Milligan exploring John's Mid-Life Crisis.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
Egads! Two months ago, pre-DCnU, I only had 3 titles on my pull list, and just one of them was from DC (Legion). Now I have 24 books on my list, and all but 6 are from DC!

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I'm also collecting more DCnU than I intended!

I've actually made some small cuts on comics I wasn't truly enjoying to make more room for them:

Super Dinosaur
Ultimate Spider-Man (in fact I passed on all the Ultimate relaunches)
The Dark Tower (just doesn't thrill me like the novels did).
House of Mystery (cancelled but I was gonna axe it anyway).

There's a few more that might be cut but in a lot of cases the publishers are making my list smaller anyway.

Nonetheless, I'm still collecting way more comics in Oct than I was in Aug!

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm about to drop my pull list to the Legion books, Flash, Animal Man, Swamp Thing and The walking dead.

Will have to catch up on everything else at a later date.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.