Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Current Pull List (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: The Current Pull List
ultrajo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ultrajo   Author's Homepage   Email ultrajo         Edit/Delete Post     
DC
Adventure Comics
Batman and Robin
Blackest Night
Detective Comics
Doom Patrol
Green Lantern
Green Lantern Corps
JSA vs. Kobra: Engines of Faith
Justice League: Cry for Justice
Justice Society of America
R.E.B.E.L.S.
Secret Six
Superman
Wednesday Comics

Marvel
Agents of Atlas
Dark Avengers
Captain America
Fantastic Four
New Avengers
Uncanny X-Men

From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AndrewNolan
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AndrewNolan   Email AndrewNolan         Edit/Delete Post     
DC
Adventure Comics

PS No, I did not push the reply button before finishing this message. This is now the only book I buy.

From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Adventure Comics

Flash: Rebirth

The Walking Dead

I read Green Lantern in trades thanks to the Library. Or else I'd probably try to shoehorn that in as well.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
My pull list is down to:

Buffy
Adventure (which I read just for the Legion storyette)

Buffy - Season 8 is supposed to go for about another year. I'll have to see if Legion alone is enough to get me to go to the CBS after that.

From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
DC:

Adventure Comics
R.E.B.E.L.S.
Booster Gold
The Brave and the Bold
Superman: Secret Origin
First Wave (upcoming)

Not DC:

Captain Blood (limited series)
The Incredibles
Groo (whenever there's anything)
Anne Steelyard
Wild Cards: The Hard Fall (if it ever comes out again!)

Waiting for Trade:

Secret Six
Guardians of the Galaxy

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Picked up a nice batch of TPBs yesterday and I'll review once I read:

Air Vol 1 & 2
Scalped Vol 2-4
Invincible 3-4
Cooke's The Hunter

And I followed Sarcasm Kid's advice and got the rest of the Walking Dead's I need online.

Should be a great January for reading comics...

(And I'll repost my pull list soon--its basically everything these days [Big Grin] )

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Well, I recently did a revised pull list for my Dad and I to go over so I figured I’d post it here. For those who don’t know, my father and I collect these titles together and split the cost. Sometimes my brother will join us in this venture, but usually not. I *think* I’ve got them all, but its hard to keep track of.

DC
Action Comics
Adventure Comics
Batman
Batman & Robin
Blackest Night
Booster Gold
Brave & Bold
Detective Comics
Doom Patrol
Flash
Green Arrow & Black Canary Green Lantern
Green Lantern Corps
Jonah Hex
JSA: All-Stars
Justice League of America
Outsiders
R.E.B.E.L.S.
Secret Six
Supergirl
Superman
Superman/Batman
Superman: Origins
Teen Titans
The Shield – in danger of cancellation by me
The Web – in danger of cancellation by me
Warlord
Wonder Woman
World of New Krypton

Vertigo
Air – TPB
Cinderella: From Fabletown with Love
Daytripper – trying out
Fables
House of Mystery
Madame Xanadu
Scalped – TPB
Unknown Soldier
Unwritten

Wildstorm
Astro City

Marvel
Agents of Atlas
Amazing Spider-Man
Captain America
Daredevil
Dark Tower
Doctor Voodoo about to be cancelled by Marvel
Fantastic Four
Guardians of the Galaxy
Hulk
Imperial Guard
Incredible Hercules
Incredible Hulk
Inhumans
Invincible Iron Man
Mighty Avengers – my father only
New Avengers
New Mutants
Nova
Siege
Spider-Woman
Thor
Thunderbolts
Ultimate Spider-Man
Uncanny X-Men
Web of Spider-Man
X-Factor
X-Men: Legacy

Icon (Marvel)
Criminal
Powers

Red 5
Atomic Robo

Chew
Four Eyes
Image United
Invincible – TPB
Mice Templar
The Haunt
The Walking Dead

Boom! Studios
Unknown

Dark Horse
Umbrella Academy

Dynamite
Battlefields
Green Hornet – will be beginning shortly

IDW
Fallen Angel
John Sable, Freelance
Darwyn Cooke’s “The Hunter” – basically any adaptation Cooke does I’ll collect

Misc.
Comic Book Buyer’s Guide (Magazine)

Will Add or Currently Considering
I try out a lot of different titles on my own and sometimes they make it to the main list.
Incorruptible (Boom!)
Dark Avengers (Marvel)
Kid Flash (DC)
Buck Rogers (Dynamite)
Sherlock Holmes (Dynamite)
Joe the Barbarian (Vertigo)
Nemesis (Icon)
Stumptown (Oni) – If I can ever find a store that has a copy
Locke & Key (IDW)
Hellboy / B.P.R.D. (Dark Horse) – really on the fence about starting
Madman (Image) - should it resume, I’d consider but I’m also no the fence here
Murderer (Top Cow) – if this wins the contest
First Wave – only if there are huge rave reviews from people whose opinions I respect
Sparta USA (Wildstorm)
Birds of Prey
New Avengers: Luke Cage
Legion of Super-Heroes [Big Grin]

[ January 15, 2010, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Cobie I have to make a couple of suggestions:

The Web is getting a new writer soon- Matt Sturgis. I recommend giving him a few issues, he's always brings a little excitement to a title. And you know you loved him on House of Mystery and the tail end of Blue Beetle.

B.P.R.D. is a great horror comic without being all gothy or gory. Mignola and Arcudi are telling long form stories like Bendis and Johns, with individual arcs having a complete feel to them. You're welcome to trade trades sometime and let me know what ya think.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The recent run of reviews has me looking at my own pull list. There's been a few titles- Chew, Warlord, Scalped- I've been considering since seeing all the buzz here on LegionWorld. It may be time to pad the list a bit.

DC
Adventure Comics
Batman
Batman & Robin
Batgirl (on the fence)
Detective
Gotham Sirens
The Great Ten
Green Arrow/Black Canary
Green Lantern Corps
JSA All Stars
Jonah Hex
Outisiders
Power Girl
R.E.B.E.L.S
Secret Six
Streets of Gotham
The Web
Wonder Woman

Vertigo
Daytripper
House of Mystery
Madame Xanadu
Fables (in trade)

Marvel
Captain America
Guardians of the Galaxy
X-Factor

Mice Templar
The Walking Dead (in trade)

Dark Horse
Age of Reptiles
Beasts of Burden
B.P.R.D.
Grendel (whenever it comes out)
Umbrella Academy

Misc
Fallen Angel
Mouse Guard

[ February 07, 2010, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: CJ Taylor ]

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Ceej, can't wait to see your reviews of everything you haven't gotten to yet, particularly the Dark Horse titles.

For the Web, I'm sticking around until Sturges comes on and seeing what he does with the title. I like his quirky writing style. I might just not pick up #3 and #4 until he gets there.

B.P.R.D. is something I might hit up in trades (Hellboy too). We had talked about this a year ago--there's a thread for it on LW if you search under "Hellboy", so I'll be awaiting any reviews you might give on it. Hellboy / B.P.R.D. is one of those rare instances where the movie was so damn awesome I felt like I needed to check out the comic.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:

Batgirl (on the fence)

Batgirl's been sitting there for me also since I started picking it up, Ceej, but last month's issue may have saved it for me by showing me how good it can potentially be. Please post your latest thoughts about that series on its thread when you have time! (It's currently on page 2 of this forum)

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Adventure Comics

Flash: Rebirth

The Walking Dead

The Brave and the Bold

Chew

Blackest Night (as well as the BN: Flash mini

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
So the May solicits are out and that means it's time for me to think about what I'm going to feed my addiction with that month.

A combination of starting a new Law degree (and all the time and money that entails) and a general dis-satisfaction with where comics are going (price-wise and content-wise) has me buying fewer books than ever though.

For the first time since I got back into comics in my early 20s I truly wonder whether I'll still be reading them this time next year.

Anyhoo, here are my picks -

CURRENT BOOKS

1. The Brave and the Bold ... without a doubt my favourite book. All those people who complain about the "modern, post-Identity Crisis" DCU should read this book!
2. Green Lantern ... Geoff Johns has created a movement with this book.
3. Adventure Comics ... have enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would but its glory days are just around the corner (I hope).
4. Batman and Robin ... Morrison's Dick-as-Batman tales have not been anywhere near as good as his Bruce-as-Batman ones (IMO) but there is still a creativity and energy in this title that most other books lack.
5. Madame Xanadu ... still loving this blend of Vertigo and the DCU.

6. The Walking Dead (in TPB) ... the most addictive thing I've ever read! Even though I *despise* certain characters and story choices I MUST. KEEP. COMING. BACK. FOR. MORE.

UPCOMING BOOKS

1. Brightest Day ... I LOVE the Aqua-verse! This book is a lock!
2. Legion of Super-Heroes ... as is this one.
3. Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne ... Grant Morrison's foray into the Bat-verse has started to show some wear but I've come with him this far, I may as well go all the way.

MAYBES

1. Green Lantern Corps ... for a long-story reason I haven't read this book in a while - even though I've been buying it. Wondering if I should just stop buying until I catch up on my reading?
2. Birds of Prey ... the internet excitement about Simone's return has rubbed off on me - even though I didn't particularly love her last sojourn with this team.
3. Zatanna ... a long-time fave character but Paul Dini's last Vertigo one-shot with her was nothing special and I *cannot stand* her stripper boots! The artist is fantastic though.
4. DC Universe: Legacies ... I am a sucker for this type of project but when I'm tightening my belt I wonder if I really need it? Especially at that price!

5. Air (in TPB) ... I want the time and money to read this!
6. Scalped (in TPB) ... as above.
7. The Unwritten (in TPB) ... ditto.

RECENTLY DROPPED

1. Detective Comics ... I've come to the decision that I just do not like Greg Rucka's style of writing - and the Question back-up was the biggest snooze that ever snoozed!
2. Doom Patrol ... there were some Ups but far too many Downs in this very uneven and disappointing book.
3. Superman: Secret Origin ... started off with a bang but then very quickly fell away. Between this and the awful Flash: Rebirth has Geoff Johns begun to lose his lustre?

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

This will be my list (as the titles start...)

Legion of Super Heroes
Adventure Comics
Flash
The Walking Dead
The Brave and the Bold
Chew
Green Lantern
Secret Six

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Time for an update.

Since I posted last (it's on page 7, if you care), a number of minis have run their course and some other got dropped, so now we're at:

DC (incl. Vertigo and Wildstorm):
Adventure Comics (decided to keep it. I'll miss Krypto)
Brave & The Bold (One of the best books you aren't buying)
Brightest Day
Superman
War of the Supermen
Detective Comics
Batman
Batman & Robin (I've really enjoyed this)
Batman:Streets of Gotham
Doom Patrol
Secret Six
Flash
Green Lantern
Justice League of America
JSA All-Stars (because it's the JSA, and things may get better with Magog gone)
Power Girl (not sure if I'll keep this; I have no interest in Generation Lost)
R.E.B.E.L.S
First Wave
Doc Savage
The Spirit
Fables
Hellblazer
The Unwritten
Authority:The Lost Year
Joe the Barbarian
Madame Xanadu
House of Mystery
Astro City (will be interesting to see if it can maintain quality as a monthly)
Ex-Machina (winding up soon)

Upcoming: Zatanna, LSH, DCU:Legacies, Return of Bruce Wayne

Action Comics was dropped last August, but Paul Cornell is enough to convince me to check it out again. Authority and Booster Gold were both dropped recently.

Marvel:
Official Handbooks

(Marvel is trade only these days, and on rare occasions at that.)

Other:
Hellboy/BPRD
Atomic Robo
Weird World of Jack Staff
Lone Ranger
Castle Waiting (when it appears)
Irredeemable
Incorruptible
Comic Book Comics (if it's still being published)
Green Hornet
Green Hornet:Year One (they launched too much too quickly. I'm not sure I'll stick around after these minis and I'm not getting the others)
Mouse Guard
RASL
Tales Designed to Thrizzle
Zorro
Okko: Cycle of Air
Black Terror
Project:Superpowers[/QB][/QUOTE]

Buck Rogers was recently dropped.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.