Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Current Pull List (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: The Current Pull List
rocket cat
just another day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rocket cat           Edit/Delete Post     
My current pull list as of now:

DC COMICS

ONGOING
Action Comics
Batman
Booster Gold
Brave & the Bold
Detective Comics
Green Lantern
JLA
JSA
Robin
Teen Titans
Titans

LIMITED
Legion of Three Worlds
Batman: Cacophony
Terror Titans

UPCOMING
Adventure Comics
Batman: Battle for the Cowl
The Flash
The Flash Rebirth
R.E.B.E.L.S.

MARVEL COMICS

ONGOING
Ultimate Spider-man

LIMITED
Sub-Mariner: The Depths
Ultimatum

UPCOMING
Doctor Doom & the Masters of Evil

--------------------
"We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives." — Edward D. Wood, Jr.

From: Texas, USA | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ibn al-Nezumi
Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ibn al-Nezumi   Author's Homepage   Email Ibn al-Nezumi         Edit/Delete Post     
This is mine as of late:

DC Comics

ONGOING
Action Comics
Green Lantern
Green Lantern Corps
Justice League of America
Justice Society of America
R.E.B.E.L.S.
Supergirl
Superman

LIMITED
Final Crisis: Legion of 3 Worlds
Superman: World of New Krypton
The Flash: Rebirth

UPCOMING
Adventure Comics
Superman: Secret Origin
The Blackest Night (and its ancillary tie-ins)

Marvel Comics

ONGOING
Captain Britain and MI: 13
Guardians of the Galaxy
Nova

LIMITED
War of Kings (miniseries only)

Ardden Entertainment

ONGOING
Flash Gordon

BOOM! Studios

ONGOING
The Incredibles

--------------------
How many times do I have to die?!?

From: Indojapan, Earth | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Para-Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Para-Dox   Author's Homepage   Email Para-Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
currently
DC

Supergirl
Superman
World of New Krypton
R.E.B.E.L.S
Tiny titans
Legion of 3 worlds

soon: Batgirl,gotham city sirens, red robin, Justice League:Cry for Justice

trades: Booster Gold

Marvel
X Men Legacy
I may add Uncanny depending on how this Jean thing works out.

--------------------
'You don't need a victory to prove to me you're tops' - Supergirl to Brainiac 5 (Adventure Comics 375)

benevolentbrainiac.webs.com

From: England | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by kenaustin:

The new list, one year and 5 days later...

DC, Vertigo, Wildstorm
ALL STAR SUPERMAN (dropping with #12)
CARTOON NETWORK BLOCK PARTY
DC/WILDSTORM DREAMWAR (6 issue mini)
FABLES
FINAL CRISIS (7 issue mini)
FINAL CRISIS: LEGION OF THREE WORLDS (5 issue mini)
JSA (might drop. not liking the Gog storyline too much)
LEGION OF SUPER HEROES
LEGION OF SUPER HEROES IN THE 31ST CENTURY
LOONEY TUNES
TEEN TITANS GO

Marvel
SECRET INVASION (7 issue mini)
SECRET INVASION: YOUNG AVENGER/RUNAWAYS (3 issue mini)
YOUNG AVENGERS PRESENTS (6 issue mini)

Trade Paperbacks
MANHUNTER
WALKING DEAD

If they ever come out again...
DOROTHY
SQUADRON SUPREME (will check out Chaykin's run)
WELCOME TO TRANQUILITY
YOUNG AVENGERS
--------------------------------------------------
Down to 14 books and 2 trades. By December, if I don't pick up anything else, I'll be down to 6 or 7 books and 2 trades. Of those, only 3 books and 1 trade are for me. The rest are for the wife and kids. Wow, times change! [/QB]

My annual June 16 pull list update...

DC, Vertigo, Wildstorm
ADVENTURE (will be picking up)
CARTOON NETWORK BLOCK PARTY
FABLES
FINAL CRISIS: LEGION OF THREE WORLDS (one issue left)
JACK OF FABLES (3 issues of the FABLES crossover)
JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA
LITERALS (3 issue mini for the FABLES crossover)
LOONEY TUNES

Marvel
DARK REIGN: YOUNG AVENGERS (5 issue mini)

Trade Paperbacks
HOUSE OF MYSTERY
WALKING DEAD

If they ever come out again...
LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES (sad, but true)
WELCOME TO TRANQUILITY
YOUNG AVENGERS
--------------------------------------------------
Now down to 9 books and 2 trades. After DR:Young Avengers ends in September, I'll be down to 5 books and 2 trades.

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I realized we don't have an opposite thread of the 'Any Recommendations?' thread, probably because it would be one big complain-fest, so I figured I'd mention here some comics on the pull list that I just haven't been enjoying and am considering dropping. Since often some people will say "why do you keep buying it?", I'll repeat what I've told other posters I know: my father has been buying comics since 1960 and so now I buy them with him; we split the collection and we split the monthly bill. That means that sometimes he has titles he wants and I have titles I want. For instance, I pick up all the Vertigos while he makes sure we buy all the 8-9 traditional Silver Age Marvel franchises and most of the traditional DC ones (so say, we'll always be buying Iron Man, Cap and Thor whether they're bad or not). So sometimes I have in front of me the comics I'm not particularly liking because my Dad wanted to buy them. For instance:

Superman / Batman - Does anyone even buy or read this anymore? I basically breeze through it on occassion but hardly do that anymore. Its a shame since this could the perfet title for big talents to do a quick 4-6 run on. The book basically sells itself with the two stars.

Wonder Woman - I love Gail but am just not liking this long running storyline. Its probably the weakest thing she's done in awhile, and I wonder how much is editorial influence trying to stretch this out into an event where WW must exit the DCU (and thus the JLA) for a time. I liked her previous stories relating to fantasy / mythology elements better.

Green Arrow / Black Canary - I'm also not really enjoying this title at all anymore since the relaunch. Splitting the two stars won't help. I think marrying them was a big mistake; now all they ever do is bicker and make-up and instead of adding tension it just adds a layer of 'nagging' on both their sides. Besides, we all know this story will happen in several years (and don't even pretend you think it won't): some writer will have Green Arrow cheat on Black Canary, who is now his wife, and he'll look like an even bigger jerk than ever, and she'll look like a victim. Then a few years later another writer who likes them together will have her take him back (again), but now it'll be as the wife who was cheated on, and she'll look even worse. I already hate that storyline. But mark my words: it'll happen.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I gave up on Green Arrow/Black Canary awhile back, too. I'm still buying Wonder Woman, but I haven't read an issue in months.

I'm seeing a new comic shop now and they don't bring much in unless you order it, so for the first time I have a pull list.

DC

Wonder Woman (But, as I said, I'm way behind reading it.)
Crisis Aftermath: Escape (Have to catch up on Wonder Woman before I read it.)
Adventure Comics (Hope springs eternal.)

Marvel

Pride and Prejudice (I love the covers, but #1 never showed up, so I'm waiting. Although it's not like I don't know the story.)
New Mutants (Like I'm going to miss out on a Dani comic.)
Dark Wolverine (Have I mentioned how much I like this?)
Dark Avengers ('cause Daken's in it, but it's not as good.)
Uncanny X-Men (Just started, I'm tired of not knowing what's going on. (And Daken's in it.))
X-Factor (Behind on reading this one, too, even though Shatterstar's in it. [Love] )
X-Force (Surprisingly good, though violent.)

Plus, various Utopia and Necrosha one shots.

I think that's everything.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Arachne:
I'm seeing a new comic shop now...

I love the way you phrased this as if you were dating the shop [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by Arachne:
Uncanny X-Men (Just started, I'm tired of not knowing what's going on. (And Daken's in it.))

I think this book's the epitome of mediocrity in writing. Combined with Tracer Land's complete inability to convey a story, a very bad buy. Earth-Z Fraction Should Give The Job Back To Our Matt Fraction.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
I love the way you phrased this as if you were dating the shop [Smile]

Well, I kind of feel like I'm cheating on the old one. They had really good service, but the new one's a lot closer.
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:

I think this book's the epitome of mediocrity in writing. Combined with Tracer Land's complete inability to convey a story, a very bad buy. Earth-Z Fraction Should Give The Job Back To Our Matt Fraction.

Yeah, I heard it's not great, but almost any X-character could show up in it, and I don't want to miss my favourites anymore. I guess I'm not as over my completionist tendencies as I thought.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Here's the latest version of my list:

MARVEL ONGOING

Guardians of the Galaxy

Daredevil

INDEPENDENT ONGOING

Fallen Angel: Reborn

Conan

DC ONGOING

Power Girl

DC/VERTIGO ONGOING

Madame Xanadu

MINI-SERIES

Justice League: Cry For Justice

The Marvels Project

ONE-SHOTS

War of Kings: Who Will Rule

Dark Reign: The List - Uncanny X-Men (Alan Davis)

Dark Reign: The List - Daredevil (Andy Diggle)

I dropped Blackest Night (or as MAD magazine might say, Blecch-est Night), Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Thunderbolts (next issue is a fill-in, and I'll buy Diggle's last two issues off the rack), Mighty Avengers, and R.E.B.E.L.S.

[ August 09, 2009, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: Stealth ]

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Stealth:
Justice League: Cry For Justice

Really?

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I was never a BoP fan, especially not The Fake Huntress, so that bit of dialogue didn't bother me.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I picked up Dead @ 17 #1 a few weeks ago and finally read it today. I guess its the first issue of the latest miniseries and there have been others before it. I really didn't know anything about the series previously. My impressions were...it was "okay". I kind of got the jist of what was going on but didn't understand all of it and overall, the story was a little slow, and there wasn't that much bang for your book for a whole issue.

On the other hand, the lead characters seemed interesting and there certainly is a moody, dark feel to the series. It involves the force of hell trying to take over Earth and I've read a lot of those types of stories in my day, so I'll need something to make it different. They seem to do that with the two lead chararacters.

The art is also quite excellent, which is why I picked it up. Its cartoony but very dark & sexy, which makes it work on a cooler level. But there is actually more 'pin-up' type shots than I thought would be in there. Not over the top, but a little gratuitous.

Will I pick up another issue? Hm. Hard to say. I might not, but I'll browse in the store and if it seems to pick up a little maybe I will purchase afterall.

Anyone else ever hear of this comic or buy/read it?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

I dropped Guardians of the Galaxy, too. It had become one of those "Why Do You Keep Buying It?" books that Cobie described earlier in this thread. Honestly, I think the only issue that fully lived up to the book's potential was # 7, and that was a long time ago. Sure, I'll miss some of the characters (especially Cosmo), but there's not enough of them that I really care that much about. It doesn't seem like Paul Pelletier is coming back anytime soon, which is a big minus, as is DnA's inconsistent tone (to give one example, I hated the way they wrote Maelstrom's dialogue.) Guess I'll just have to stick to re-reading my Dreadstar collection (I do seem to be re-reading a lot of old stuff lately.)

--------------------

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
These days:

DC (incl. Vertigo and Wildstorm):
Wednesday Comics
Action Comics (will probably drop this soon)
Adventure Comics (trial basis)
Brave & The Bold
Superman
Supes:World of New Krypton
Detective Comics
Batman
Batman & Robin
Booster Gold
Doom Patrol
Secret Six
Flash:Rebirth
Green Lantern
Blackest Night
JLA:Cry for Justice
Justice Society of America
JSA vs. Kobra
Power Girl (still undecided about keeping this)
Strange Adventures
R.E.B.E.L.S
The Authority (though I may leave with DnA)
The Spirit
Fables
Hellblazer
The Unwritten
Madame Xanadu
House of Mystery
Astro City
Ex-Machina

(Jack of Fables got dropped after the crossover. The Red Circle one shots have convinced me not to pick up the monthlies.)

Marvel:
Agents of Atlas
Official Handbooks

(I'll likely get the 70th anniversary stuff in trades. Still undecided about Marvels Project and Torch, though they look interesting. Otherwise, I find Marvel as annoying as usual.)

Other:
Hellboy/BPRD/Witchfinder
Atomic Robo
Jack Staff
Lone Ranger (when it arrives)
Buck Rogers (trial basis)
Madman Atomic Comics (one more issue)
Phonogram (bloody brilliant)
Castle Waiting
Irredeemable
Comic Book Comics
Mouse Guard
RASL
Tales Designed to Thrizzle
Zorro
Project:Superpowers

[ August 17, 2009, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: Outdoor Miner ]

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Hey! Welcome back, OM!

After taking off so many books, I added one: The Black Widow mini-series that starts in November. Natasha's been generally well-portrayed in recent years, and Paul Cornell and Tom Raney are a strong creative team.

--------------------

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.