Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Current Pull List (Page 13)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: The Current Pull List
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Sienkiewicz.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I know...it's just nmore fun to post crap like that...kinda like calling Shamalan M Night Shamalamadingdong.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
What? You mean it's NOT "Shamalamadingdong"?!?!?

[Wink]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Shamalaoprahwinfrey.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chief Lardy:
What? You mean it's NOT "Shamalamadingdong"?!?!?

[Wink]

Given his more current movies...it is.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
Also on the radar as a possible...the new Moon Knight series by Bendis and Maleev. Here's a confession...I read the trades (thank you library) of their Daredevil run and really enjoyed them for the most part. I've always like Moon Knight, and I think Bendis does his best stuff at the street level characters.

quote:
Originally posted by Chief Lardy:
Maleev is beyond awesome! I wasn't gonna buy Scarlet just for him, though. sampled the first issue and was more annoyed than impressed with Bendis's choices. But yeah, the two were awesome on DD. I've never been into Moon Knight but might give this a look.

quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
Maleev is awesome. I personally put him along with Bill Senkannotspellhisnamewich as a totally different level of artist.

Chalk me up as another big Maleev fan! I loved what he did on Daredevil, as well as Spider Woman.

You'll note in my pull list I'm buying Scarlet now but it's on the fence. I initially liked what Bendis was doing narrative-wise, but the overall story (a revolution) just isn't working for me. I've kind of just been buying it for Maleev's gorgeous work.

I'll definitely be getting Moon Knight. These two work great together and Maleev's art should be fantastic with Moon Knight's awesome look. Bendis usually does a good job writing--he's exactly like Geoff Johns, but Marvel's version. Great writer who does a lot of things right but also has some really annoying habits. Also has perhaps too much control of his universe (like Geoff) and is also the darling of fandom (like Geoff).

Dev, would love to hear your opinions on the DD trades you read over in that thread!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

I'll have to get them again and reread...not a bad chore at all there. Hopefully in the next week or so I can start going through them again. I will say this...I'll be gushing about the art the whole way through.
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

I have to drop a few things until I get another job, considering I was being paid to look after my grandmother and aunt.

Action Comics (Need to play catch up)
All-New Batman: Brave and the Bold
Avengers: The Children’s Crusade
Brave and the Bold (Well, when exactly is the next issue happening)
Knight and Squire (It IS down to the last issue)
Magnus
New Mutants (I can miss Age of X)
The Stand
Thunderstrike

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Dev - Em
KIA

As of right now, before seeing Solicits for Sept, this is where I stand:

Chew
The Walking Dead
Darkwing Duck
Green Hornet: Year One (Being added)
American Vampire
I...Zombie
Moon Knight
Alpha Flight

Maybe I might:

Legion Lost
JLI
The Flash

[ June 04, 2011, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: Dev Em ]

Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Current List:

Adventure Comics
Batman and Robin
Batman Inc.
Brightest Day Aftermath: Search for Swamp Thing
Flashpoint: Secret Seven
Flashpoint: Frankenstein and the Creatures of the Unknown
Hellblazer
Izombie
Legion of Super-Heroes
Power Girl
Secret Six
Xombi

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

After much debate and fighting with myself...this is my pull list as of September:

AMERICAN VAMPIRE
iZOMBIE
CHEW
THE WALKING DEAD
GREEN HORNET: YEAR ONE
MOON KNIGHT
ALPHA FLIGHT

[ July 24, 2011, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: Dev Em ]

kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
My annual June 16 pull list update, one year and 4 days later...

DC, Vertigo, Wildstorm
ADVENTURE COMICS (up until Legion content stops)
CARTOON NETWORK BLOCK PARTY
FABLES
LEGION LOST
LEGION MINI (penciled by Chris Batista)
LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES
LOONEY TUNES
XOMBI (hoping it survives after August)

Marvel
YOUNG AVENGERS: CHILDREN'S CRUSADE (8 issue mini)

Other
MORNING GLORIES

Trade Paperbacks
HOUSE OF MYSTERY
WALKING DEAD

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Lots of cool creator-owned projects being announced at CCI!

"Saga" by BKV and Fiona Staples is one I'll certainly check out! I miss having a monthly Vaughn title like Y or Runaways.

"Thief of Thieves" has a great premise and approach creatively with a rotating writer team. Especially since my faves Nick Spencer and Robert Kirkman are involved. I'm looking for 'different approaches' to comics structurally so this could be fun.

Also, is anyone picking up Witchdoctor? The preview story in WD was good but it might not be my cup of tea.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Matt Wagner and Simon Bisley, working together for the first time on The Tower Chronicles!! I am SOOOOOOO there!!!

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

AMERICAN VAMPIRE
iZOMBIE
CHEW
THE WALKING DEAD
GREEN HORNET: YEAR ONE
MOON KNIGHT
ALPHA FLIGHT
CAPTAIN AMERICA
DAREDEVIL
LEGION OF SUPER HEROES
LEGION LOST
LEGION:SECRET ORIGIN
STAR TREK/LEGION OF SUPER HEROES
THE SHADE

Possibles at this point:

BIONIC MAN
PLANET OF THE APES

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.