Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Current Pull List (Page 11)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  16  17  18   
Author Topic: The Current Pull List
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
My list is now comprised of this.

Birds of Prey
Black Terror
Fables
First Wave
Gen13
Grimm Fairy Tales
Grimm Fairy Tales: Inferno
Grimm Fairy Tales: Neverland
Grimm Fairy Tales: Tales from Wonderland
I... Zombie
Jack of Fables
Marvelous Land of Oz
New Mutants
Project Superpowers
Tiny Titans

[ June 28, 2010, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: Sarcasm Kid ]

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Titan Lad
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Titan Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Let's see...my pull list for July is.

DC DC
Brightest Day #5
Brightest Day: The Atom Special
Adventure Comics #516
Brave and the Bold #35
Superman #701
Brightest Day #6
Green Lantern Corps #50
Green Lantern #56
Flash #4
Wonder Woman #601
Legion of Super-Heroes #3

Marvel
Young Avengers: Childrens Crusade #1 (So excited!)
Hawkeye & Mockingbird #2
X-Force #28
Avengers Academy #2
X-Men Hellbound #3
Black Widow #4
X-Men Legacy #238
Captain America #608
Secret Avengers #3

Chances are I won't pick all of this up since that's a lot of books. My eyes are bigger than my wallet, unfortunately.

From: Dallas, Texas | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
My annual June 16 pull list update, one year and 11 days later...

DC, Vertigo, Wildstorm
ADVENTURE COMICS
CARTOON NETWORK BLOCK PARTY
FABLES
LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES
LOONEY TUNES
WELCOME TO TRANQUILITY: ONE FOOT IN THE GRAVE (6 issue mini)

Marvel
YOUNG AVENGERS: CHILDREN'S CRUSADE (8 issue mini)

Other
MORNING GLORIES (will check out the first couple of issues)

Trade Paperbacks
HOUSE OF MYSTERY
WALKING DEAD

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
The Legion of Super Heroes
Adventure Comics
Green Lantern
Emerald Warriors
Booster Gold
The Flash
JL:Generation Lost
Chew
The Walking Dead
Thunderbolts
Zatanna
Secret Six
Brave and the Bold
American Vampire
Hawkeye and Mockingbird
Darkwing Duck
I...Zombie

On the edge:
Doom Patrol

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Now...

American Vampire
Avengers: The Children's Crusade
Birds of Prey
Black Terror
Brave and the Bold
Fables
First Wave
Gen13
Grimm Fairy Tales
Grimm Fairy Tales: Inferno
Grimm Fairy Tales: Neverland
I... Zombie
Joe the Barbarian
Legion of Super-Heroes
Mighty Crusaders
New Mutants
New Mutants Forever (Starting next week)
The Stand
Tiny Titans
Ultimate X
Zatanna

[ October 10, 2010, 11:41 PM: Message edited by: Sarcasm Kid ]

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Getting First Wave as well...but it's so spread out, and a mini.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

I dropped Jack of Fables because I haven't been reading the issues I was buying. Same reason I dropped Air.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
The latest issue of Atomic Robo had a preview for 'Box 13', which I guess is a TPB coming out soon? Is anyone getting this? And was there or will there be single issues?

I've got to say--the preview was pretty groovy! It had the sort of out-there weirdness I'm finding very appealing these days.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
If memory serves, it was an iPhone comic that eventually got a print version, but that's all I know.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Ah, that explains the tight paneling. How anyone could read a comic on their iphone is a mystery I'll never understand (I have an iphone and trust, reading a comic on it would not be enjoyable).

If it was in print already I might be able to track it down, since I have a stack of TPB's to get through that will take me at least to Thanksgiving and so don't feel like buying another.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Current Revised Pull List:

Adventure Comics
Batman and Robin
Batman Inc.
DC Universe Legacies
Greek Street (Ending soon)
Hellblazer
Izombie
Joe the Barbarian (Ending Soon)
Knight & Squire
Legion of Super-Heroes
Madame Xanadu (Ending Soon)
Secret Six
Superman: Secret Origin (One issue left)

I usually try to keep about ten monthlies on the go, so once a some of these series go away, I might be on the hunt for another book to try.

Edit:

I also pick up the following for my kids (though I enjoy them too):

Tiny Titans
Super Friends (cancelled)
Billy Batson and the Magic of Shazam (Ending soon)
Scooby-Doo (dropping)
Ratchet & Clank

[ August 13, 2010, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: rouge ]

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm...

I am pulling most of the Marvel X-Titles...
Madame Xanadu
Wonder Woman
Teen Titans

Wow...is that it? Feels like more.

Well, seeing as there is a bunch of X-Titles...

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I've decided to officially drop JLI: Generation Lost and Brightest Day. I kept hemming and hawing doing so for weeks and that's never a good sign. This frees up four comics each month I can collect instead.

Other comics I've dropped recently: New Mutants, Black Terror, JSA: All-Stars.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I've decided to officially drop JLI: Generation Lost and Brightest Day. I kept hemming and hawing doing so for weeks and that's never a good sign. This frees up four comics each month I can collect instead.

I'm still getting both, but I can't blame ya for dropping Brightest Day. It's really so choppy with the randomness of how the stories rotate. I kinda like the Firestorm and Aquaman arms, but from issue to issue, I don't know if I'll see anything on them. The stuff with J'Onn and the Hawks particularly just seems to drag.

I haven't been able to bring myself to drop it thus far because: a) my 12 year-old son looks forward to it a lot as Blackest Night kinda made him a junkie for that storyline & b) if I drop it, I'm afraid I'll miss a big payoff that admittedly won't come until the end (if at all). Anyhow, we're at the halfway point, so I may as well keep going.

As for JL: Gen Lost, I'm simply enjoying that one too much to drop it! It's a fun, breezy read, and the characters are being written pitch-perfectly and engagingly. Yeah, the story seems a little thin for its length, but the execution has been really good despite that fault. Though it isn't revolutionary by any means, it's the best thing to have the name "Justice League" on it in too, too many years. And it's still clicking on all cylinders even with Giffen no longer involved. Occasionally, Winick surprises! [gasp]

Maybe you can say a little more about what went into your decision to drop those books (especially Gen Lost)?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I'll say neither decision came easy--it took me weeks for both to finally decide. The fact is, I love all the characters in both bi-weekly series, and I partially was just collecting because I love the characters.

For Brightest Day, it was the inconsistency that killed it for me. I want to collect all comics with these guys, but just about the entire thing read like utter crap to me other than the Aquaman and Firestorm stuff, and even that wasn't anything special. I liked the artwork but it just wasn't enough for 2 issues per month.

JLI was much harder for me, and there is a chance I may start collecting again on a whim. But the story felt a little flat to me and just felt like it wasn't going anywhere.

The real decision-maker was the fact that these were 4 comics a month at $2.99 which feels ridiculous to me, when I know I can get (4) other comics. I remember when 52 was coming out, a big point was made that it was $2.50. I just feel like for that much of a commitment from the buyer, the series better be damn excellent. And neither was quite on that level.

But like I said, there is always the chance I'll back track and jump back in. Back issues for these two are easy to find, they aren't exactly obscure.

I loved 52 and think it was a masterpiece. I also loved Wednesday Comics. But Countdown really turned me off to the idea of getting suckered into collecting a more-than-once-a-month comic book. I didn't even bother with Trinity and Spider-Man is IMO much better than either Brightest Day or JLI even though that has bouts of inconsistency as well.

For Brightest Day, it would take quite a bit to pull me back in. For Gen Lost, I think if some posters on LW (and I'll continue to read spoilers and reviews) made some commentary on how good the overall plot has developed, that could convince me to come back in.

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.