Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Current Pull List (Page 12)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: The Current Pull List
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Guys, quick question. Well, not so quick. I have to figure out what I can drop to save money for Christmas shopping.

All-New Batman: Brave and the Bold (Starts this month)
American Vampire
Avengers: The Children's Crusade (Miniseries)
Batman: Orphans (Two-part mini starts December)
Batwoman (Starts this month)
Birds of Prey (I know I said I was buying this only to support a friend, but Black Canary pisses me off so, so much)
Black Terror (Don't know when it's starting again)
Brave and the Bold
Darkwing Duck
DCU Holiday Special 2010 (one-shot)
Doom Patrol
Fables
First Wave (don't know when next issue comes out)
Freedom Fighters
Gen13 (Bi-monthly)
Generation Hope (Starts this week)
Green Lantern Corps
Green Lantern: Larfleeze Christmas Special (one-shot
Grimm Fairy Tales
Grimm Fairy Tales: Inferno (Miniseries)
Grimm Fairy Tales: Neverland (Miniseries should be over soon)
I... Zombie
Joe the Barbarian (Up to last issue)
Knight & Squire (Miniseries)
Legion of Super-Heroes
Mighty Crusaders (Ends December)
New Mutants
New Mutants Forever (Miniseries)
The Stand (Last issue of the current mini this month)
Superboy (Possibly/starts this week)
THUNDER Agents (Starts this month)
Time Masters: Vanishing Point (Miniseries almost over/Fifth out of six issues released in December)
Tiny Titans
Tiny Titans/Little Archie (miniseries that ends in December)
Tom Strong And The Robots of Doom (Ends Wednesday)
Ultimate X (Don't know when the next issue comes out)
Welcome To Tranquility: One Foot In The Grave (Miniseries)
Zatanna

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Drop the ones you aren't enjoying. For instance, if the portrayal of Black Canary is really getting you that far down, then Birds of Prey should go.

Also, books that haven't shipped yet are easier to dump, as you're not partway into anything yet.

IMO, you may as well finish up minis that only have an issue or two left, unless you aren't enjoying them.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Just taking a walk backwards through the thread, you had 15 titles in June, up to 21 in July and now you are at 38! Granted there are one-shots and whatnot, but your list seems to be expanding quite rapidly. I won't presume to tell you what you should or shouldn't like, but I will say it looks like you are adding more books than you probably would enjoy.

As a rule of thumb I always try and keep a limit on my title count. If a new book comes out that puts me above that, I drop something I haven't been enjoying. It seems harsh, but I've found I don't really miss the titles I abandon as much as I thought. Just go down the list, and put them in an order of preference and cut the bottom half or so.

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I put a $$ cap for every month. It's really a $$ cap for every week but I give it a little leeway so if week (1) is up $7.00, then I try to subtract $7.00 from the previous weeks.

The cap has risen a bit from 10 years ago because of price per comic, but I feel that if I have a real number, which I can calculate in the store, I feel a lot less stress about it.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, here's what I'm dropping:

Avengers: The Children's Crusade (It's nine parts and two have come out, I can miss a couple)
Batwoman (My brother's actually splitting for this one)
Birds of Prey (I know I said I was buying this only to support a friend, but Black Canary pisses me off so, so much)
Black Terror (Don't know when it's starting again)
Gen13 (Even though I hate dropping another Wildstorm title, I'll get the new issue after Christmas)
Grimm Fairy Tales Halloween 2010
Grimm Fairy Tales: Neverland (Miniseries should be over soon/missed an issue)
Mighty Crusaders (Only have issue one)
New Mutants Forever (Hasn't made THAT much effect but I'm still curious as to how it'll end, but I can wait)
The Stand (It's the last issue and I should have some time before the last one starts)
Time Masters (Missed the first issue)
Tom Strong And The Robots of Doom (Missed last issue)
Ultimate X (Missed first issue)
Wonderland Annual 2010

All-New Batman: Brave and the Bold (Starts this month)
American Vampire
Batman, Inc. (Starts today)
Batman: Orphans (Two-part mini starts December)
Brave and the Bold
Darkwing Duck
DCU Holiday Special 2010 (one-shot)
Doom Patrol
Fables
Freedom Fighters
Generation Hope
Green Lantern Corps
Green Lantern: Larfleeze Christmas Special (one-shot
Grimm Fairy Tales
Grimm Fairy Tales: Inferno (Miniseries)
I... Zombie
Legion of Super-Heroes
New Mutants
Superboy
THUNDER Agents
Tiny Titans
Tiny Titans/Little Archie (miniseries that ends in December)
Welcome To Tranquility: One Foot In The Grave (Miniseries)
Zatanna

The new ones I'll try out and see if I like.

[ November 17, 2010, 06:05 AM: Message edited by: Sarcasm Kid ]

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I just did some surgery on my list. I found I was buying some titles that I just wasn't enjoying, so...

Dropped:
Brightest Day
Green Lantern
Green Lantern Corps
Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors

Remaining:
Adventure Comics
JSA All-Stars
Justice League of America
Justice Society of America
Legion of Super-Heroes
Power Girl
REBELS

Essentially, it's all the JSA and Legion-related titles, plus JLA (which could be considered JSA-related, especially now that Jade and Jesse Quick are on the roster).

I've come and gone with the GL titles before. BD just isn't doing it for me. Comics aren't as much fun as they used to be, but I'll always love the JSA and the Legion.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Dynamite:

Warlord of Mars.
I was getting Buck Rogers, but they stopped for a time.

DC
Currently:
Legion
Adventure
JLA
JSA
JSAllstars
Teen Titans
GL
GLC
GL: Warriors
GA
Flash
Wonder Woman
Booster Gold
Freedom Fighters
Doom Patrol
Birds of Prey
Secret Six
Zatanna
Red Robin

Marvel:
Hawkeye

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Current Revised Pull List:

Adventure Comics
Batman and Robin
Batman Inc.
DC Universe Legacies
Hellblazer
Izombie
Joe the Barbarian
Knight & Squire
Legion of Super-Heroes
Secret Six

Not much change form last time, except three more titles are ending soon (Joe, DCU Legacies and Knight & Squire), which opens up some slots for new books. I'm looking at trying Xombi with Fraser Irving, as well as Peter Milligan's new Red Lantern book.

I also pick up the following for my kids (though I enjoy them too):

Tiny Titans
Ratchet & Clank

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Following the close of Comic Book Review Month, here is my pull list, or rather, what I think it will be around March-April 2011. I’m more committed than ever to letting the excellence of independent comics, particularly offering from Image, decide what I’ll be collecting, rather than succumbing to event nonsense. I’ve gladly decided not to collect Flashpoint Fear Itself, Brightest Day, Age of X, etc.

There are several comics that are on hiatus I haven’t included but would certainly continue (Unknown, Mystery Society, Umbrella Academy, etc.)

DC Comics
Batman
Detective Comics
Batman & Robin
Batman, Inc.
Dark Knight
Batwoman
Superman/Batman
Superman
Action Comics
Supergirl
Superboy
Legion of Super-Heroes Adventure Comics
Green Lantern
Green Lantern Corps
Emerald Warriors
Flash
Wonder Woman
Birds of Prey
Zatanna
Booster Gold
Doom Patrol
Justice Society of America
Freedom Fighters
R.E.B.E.L.S.
Secret Six
Jonah Hex
Doc Savage – temporary reprieve in preparation of JG Jones arc
The Spirit
Thunder Agents
Astro City
Brave & Bold – should it return
Teen Titans – my father collecting
Justice League of America – my father collecting
Green Arrow – my father collecting

Vertigo
American Vampire
Fables
Cinderella
I, Zombie
House of Mystery
Unwritten
Scalped – TPB only
Air – TPB only, have to get final 2 trades

Marvel Comics
Invincible Iron Man
Fantastic Four
Daredevil
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Thunderbolts
Thor
Journey into Mystery
Herc – when it’s relaunched
Captain America
Amazing Spider-Man
Venom
Hulk
Incredible Hulk
Avengers Secret Avengers
New Avengers
Avengers Academy
Avengers: Children's Crusade
X-Factor
Uncanny X-Force
Ultimate Spider-Man
Dark Tower
Ruse
Sigil
Uncanny X-Men – my father collecting
X-Men – my father collecting

Icon
Criminal / Incognito
Powers
Scarlett – may be canceling this, still on the fence
Kick-Ass
Superior
Nemesis

Image Comics
The Walking Dead
Haunt
Super Dinosaur
Invincible – TPB only, though I’m on the fence about continuing
Mice Templar
Chew
Morning Glories
Turf
Who is Jake Ellis – if I can ever find a CBS who has it

Dark Horse
Magnus, Robot Fighter
Doctor Solar
Turok, Son of Stone
Mighty Samson
Hellboy – TPBs & one-shots
Umbrella Academy

Red 5 Comics
Atomic Robo

IDW
Fallen Angel

Dynamite Entertainment
Warlord of Mars
Green Hornet: Year One – at least until Wagner’s run is over
Green Hornet – on the fence about continuing
Lone Ranger –should it restart
Battlefields

Potential Additions
Xombi - Fraser Irving art
Red Lantern(s?)
Iron Man 2.0 – based on the genius of Nick Spencer, I’ll take a look.
Annihilators – the $4.99 price point likely will push me away
Heroes for Hire – still on the fence
Hack / Slash – I really enjoyed the recent miniseries but I’m still not ready to commit 100%; a buy in store decision.
The Infinite Vacation – again, Nick Spencer makes it worth a look
Proof: Endangered – I’m considering getting into this series, either through trades or looking through back issues.
Echoes – The premise of this Top Cow book (and the high recommendations) have me interested.
Axe Cop – looks really awesome
Dark Horse Presents – though the price point may push me away

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Adventure Comics (Now that Jimenez is coming on and Borges is leaving)
All-New Batman: Brave and the Bold
American Vampire
Avengers: The Children's Crusade
Batman Beyond
Batman Incorporated
Black Terror
Brave and the Bold
Cinderella
Darkwing Duck
Doom Patrol
Fables
Freedom Fighters
Gen13
Generation Hope
Green Lantern Corps
Grimm Fairy Tales
Grimm Fairy Tales: Myths and Legends
I... Zombie
Legion of Super-Heroes
New Mutants
The Stand
Superboy
Supergirl
THUNDER Agents
Thunderstrike
Tiny Titans
Zatanna

I'm gonna start buying the Age of X tie-ins.

My interest in Flashpoint depends on the solicit.

[ February 04, 2011, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: Sarcasm Kid ]

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
The Legion of Super Heroes
Adventure Comics
Green Lantern
Emerald Warriors
Booster Gold
The Flash
JL:Generation Lost
Chew
The Walking Dead
Zatanna
American Vampire
Darkwing Duck
I...Zombie
Detective Comics

I'll be getting the Flashpoint thing, and maybe a few of the mini's...depending on if they interest me or not.

Actually curious about the new Venom series...maybe grab the first issue.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Went back through this thread and it's nearly exactly a year since I last updated my pull-list.

Here's what I'm buying now -

ONGOINGS:

* Adventure Comics - Phil Jiminez and the Legion Academy saved this book from getting dropped.
* Legion of Super-Heroes - Still enjoying this book and team a lot... but there's room for improvement.
* Green Lantern - Starting to tire of the very cluttered GL-verse. Johns needs to go back to telling more focused, smaller-scale stories here IMO.
* Batman Inc. - Morrison's Batman-opus continues to be amazingly good. The delay between issues is starting to hurt though.
* Detective Comics - Snyder and Jock's tales here remind me a bit of Peter Milligan's run in the early 90s. That's high praise.
* Batwoman - Really liked Williams' #0 issue and hoping he makes me like Kate Kane more than Rucka did.
* Brave and Bold - If it ever comes back. I miss you B&B. [Frown]

MINIS:

* DCU Legacies - Lost some of its quality since it's start but it's only got one issue left now so I'm gonna finish it.
* Brightest Day - The action is heating up now. I can honestly say I have no idea how this series is going to end too so that's kinda exciting.

TRADES:

*Walking Dead - still addicted.

So, not very many comics obviously. And there aren't many on the horizon which interest me much either. I've decided to sit out the whole Flashpoint event since I'm not reading Flash or care much about alternate universes - which would make this the first DC event since (I think) Genesis that I've skipped.

That's gonna be weird, but DC just don't have many creative teams telling stories that interest me at the moment. I want new blood at that company SO bad - starting at the top with their editors.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Also on the radar as a possible...the new Moon Knight series by Bendis and Maleev. Here's a confession...I read the trades (thank you library) of their Daredevil run and really enjoyed them for the most part. I've always like Moon Knight, and I think Bendis does his best stuff at the street level characters.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Maleev is beyond awesome! I wasn't gonna buy Scarlet just for him, though. sampled the first issue and was more annoyed than impressed with Bendis's choices. But yeah, the two were awesome on DD. I've never been into Moon Knight but might give this a look.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Maleev is awesome. I personally put him along with Bill Senkannotspellhisnamewich as a totally different level of artist.
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.