Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Current Pull List (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: The Current Pull List
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Looks like you omitted Walking Dead, OM.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
OM, What do you think of RASL?

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Officer Taylor:
Looks like you omitted Walking Dead, OM.

Actually, that's one that I'm slowly catching up on in trades. I did happen to glance at the most recent issue, though.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by Jerry:
OM, What do you think of RASL?

I like it, and I think it's a good change of pace for Smith after BONE. In fact I'd say it's a brave thing for Smith to try, since it's different enough that he risks losing his audience.

I'm very impressed with how well he does ugly and gritty art-wise, especially since even the Rat Creatures in BONE looked cute.

The early issues of RASL weren't altogether exciting, and the combination of a slow pace and a slow release schedule really hurt the book early on. But I think it's on track now.

--------------------

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
I only have the last two issues, and thought they were pretty good. Interesting concept, I love that parts of it take place in Tucson, my current hometown.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I dropped the book after the 4th issue. It was a bit slow, and I lost track of when it came out. But I did like the story and plan to buy it in trade.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
OM, your list makes me wish you were posting more in January, our "Comic Book Review Month", as I'd love to hear your opinions on various comics you're collecting.

- I've been loving Zorro. I really feel like I missed the boat on Lone Ranger and am trying to hunt down the earliest issues. I hope these series are continuing but I can never tell with Dynamite's solicits.

- How is the Weird World of Jack Staff? Is this a quarterly comic? I really should pick it up but never pull the trigger.

- Also curious about Black Terror and Project Superpowers, as I'm a longtime student of comic book history. I love those old Lev Gleason covers particularly!

Keep us updated on what you're collecting! I have a very high opinion on *your* opinions! [Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raging Bull
Maverick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raging Bull           Edit/Delete Post     
I've been losing interest in Doom Patrol, and will likely drop it after the current story ends. This means that the only ongoing titles on my pull list going forward will be Adventure, plus the forthcoming Legion and Atlas titles.

There will still be a few limited series and individual issues that I'll be picking up, but for the near future, I'm going to cut down my comics list to save money for some of my other hobbies and for travel.

--------------------
♦ Translated from 31st century Texan to 21st century English ♦

From: The open range | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

- I've been loving Zorro. I really feel like I missed the boat on Lone Ranger and am trying to hunt down the earliest issues. I hope these series are continuing but I can never tell with Dynamite's solicits.

- How is the Weird World of Jack Staff? Is this a quarterly comic? I really should pick it up but never pull the trigger.

I believe all these books are supposed to be continuing, though Lone Ranger and Jack Staff have always had problems coming out regularly.

Jack Staff is writer/artist Paul Grist's shot at creating a superhero universe mixing English comic archetypes and his own creations. It's a lot of fun. Somehow he manages to give his characters enough story beats that everything works despite the large cast.

--------------------

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I've decided something.

I dropped JLA, as well as the rest of the Arsenal mini and any more issues of Green Arrow. I'm extending my personal ban on anymore books with "Justice League" in their title, as well as anymore Titans books.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Miner, you convinced me to give Lone Ranger a try and I liked it well enough that I went back and picked up several back issues. I'm going to try to get all 20 or so and start from the beginning.

I also will give Jack Staff a try as well, I think. The more diverse my pull list the better these days.

Meanwhile, I had a briefly sad feeling tonight as I read through a stack of about 12 comics, in a way that affects my pull list. Dan Jurgen's Booster Gold run is ending (and I'm really cautious about how I'll feel about Giffen and Dematies coming on, as I much prefer the new status quo for Booster), and GotG and Nova are going on hiatus--hopefully not forever, but who knows? That means 3 really solid sci-fi superhero comics are kind of coming to an end; and lately that's been my favorite sub-genre of superheroes. I usually would read the DnA Marvels with FF and actually rope in Booster every month because the energy and sci-fi felt like it fit in there.

Here's hoping GotG and Nova start back up after this Thanos thing.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Legion of Super Heroes
Adventure Comics
Flash
The Walking Dead
The Brave and the Bold As long as JMS lasts)
Chew
Green Lantern
Secret Six
Jonah Hex (Damn you Cobie!)

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

[Big Grin]

Tell me about it. Everytime I turn around, Lardy recommends a comic to me I never heard of and its the most brilliant thing I've ever read in my life!

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Miner, you convinced me to give Lone Ranger a try and I liked it well enough that I went back and picked up several back issues. I'm going to try to get all 20 or so and start from the beginning.

I also will give Jack Staff a try as well, I think. The more diverse my pull list the better these days.

Meanwhile, I had a briefly sad feeling tonight as I read through a stack of about 12 comics, in a way that affects my pull list. Dan Jurgen's Booster Gold run is ending (and I'm really cautious about how I'll feel about Giffen and Dematies coming on, as I much prefer the new status quo for Booster), and GotG and Nova are going on hiatus--hopefully not forever, but who knows? That means 3 really solid sci-fi superhero comics are kind of coming to an end; and lately that's been my favorite sub-genre of superheroes. I usually would read the DnA Marvels with FF and actually rope in Booster every month because the energy and sci-fi felt like it fit in there.

Here's hoping GotG and Nova start back up after this Thanos thing.

Glad you liked Lone Ranger. I'm still enjoying as well, though decompressed does not begin to describe the storytelling at the moment.

Hope you like Jack Staff.

I dropped Booster Gold because of the upcoming Generation Lost connection. Nothing against Giffen, I'm just not interested.

I'm not surprised about GotG and Nova. Despite their quality, I think it's been the crossovers and events that have kept them going. Sci-Fi is such a hard-sell in comics these days. I hope they do survive in some form.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm definitely keeping Booster Gold on the pull list for the immediate future. Like Cobie, I'm a little trepidatious that evrything Johns and Jurgens did will be totally dumped in favor of slapstick. But given the pedigree of the creators and their love for the character, I've gotta give it a chance. If nothing else, I'm betting it will be absolutely hilarious--and there are worse things to get out of a comic than a few belly laughs every issue.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.