Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Atomic Robo - new mini in stores now! The Ghost of Station X! (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Atomic Robo - new mini in stores now! The Ghost of Station X!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
So this current story arc of Atomic Robo is awesome, as expected!

All the plotlines are now converging, which is what you knew was going to happen, but yet still feel very satisfied watching it happen.

My favorite besides Robo is Jenkins. Obviously, he's supposed to be your favorite, but I can't help it--it worked on me. He's hella-kewl.

And yeah, I loved how the trucker suddenly got tihs really groovy roll. I love that kind of thing! I want him as a permanent cast member!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
The thing about Jenkins is that he's so badass that in another comic he could just come off as annoying, but it works really well within the context of Atomic Robo.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

So I thought the ending of Ghost of Station X seemed a bit rushed, but was still pretty awesome! I loved the interaction between Robo and ALAN, and it looks like he'll be making a return appearance sometime!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, the Robo / ALAN interaction was pretty awesome! ALAN's tendency for going on and on and on was part-hilarious, part-insightful to the genuine sense of loneliness he felt, despite being a robot. It was a subtle bit of characterization, I thought.

I loved how Robo dealt with the situation, in classic form. What's funny is that is how a human sometimes deals with A.I. enemies in various mediums, and here we have another A.I. doing it. That's a great indication of how Robo is consistently written.

I love those two offbeat scientists that almost feel compelled to theorize things to such extremes that they go off on crazy tangents.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

The difference between Robo and ALAN are particularly interesting. The fact that ALAN is depicted as a fairly typical AI suggests that whatever it is that makes Robo tick, he's far more complicated than a Turing machine. Which kind of makes sense, because Tesla routinely played around with far more fundamental forces which are far more likely to be responsible for genuine human-style consciousness than the mechanistic model that someone like Turing employs.
Eryk Davis Ester

*Gasp!* NEW ATOMIC ROBO OUT TODAY!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

At $2.75, it's the best price going in comics these days!
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
Simply divine!
From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
So Real Science Adventures #1? Best comic ever? I say yes.

WWII Sparrow story--THE TITS

Revenge of Dr. Dinosaur one parter. Bwahahahaha!!!

Robo's massive cold war history given a nod.

Part 1 of a story with Bruce Lee!

Just all awesome across the board!

Eryk Davis Ester

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
That Dr. Dinosaur story is among the greatest things in the history of stuff!
mechana
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mechana           Edit/Delete Post     
Glad to see all the Robo love, and thanks for the personal kudos.
From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Yay! Not one but two Atomic Robo books out this week!

"The Flying She-Devils of the Pacific" = Total Love!

Really enjoyed the Tesla airship story as well!

Wasn't that excited by the Electromatic Dream Machine story, but otherwise, totally awesome!

Eryk Davis Ester

For the record, Tao Jones may be the grooviest villain of the year!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Lauren of the She-Devils is my new comic book crush!
Eryk Davis Ester

New Flying She-Devils of the Pacific out today!

Hard to believe there's only one issue left. Can't wait to re-read it all together!

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.