Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Atomic Robo - new mini in stores now! The Ghost of Station X! (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Atomic Robo - new mini in stores now! The Ghost of Station X!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Groovy article on usage of time travel in Atomic Robo: the Shadow Beyond Time!

I actually brought this on vacation and got the tri-fecta to read it: both brothers and my sister, and they all loved it! Each one is harder and harder to sell comics on, preferring every single comic have the level of quality that Sandman has. They were all very impressed.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Great article on Atomic Robo artist Scott Wegener! In it he also has huge compliments for Eisner-nominated colorist, Ronda Pattison, who cool LWers know is a big part of the LW community.

When I was on vacation a few weeks ago, I had my brothrs & sister check out Atomic Robo--and they absolutely LOVED IT. I had them read "Shadow Beyond Time" because its my favorite, and they want to read more. While one brother is pretty into comics in general, the other two siblings only have really ever read Sandman, Preacher, and some other "best of the best" selections, so their endorsement is a good one!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Next mini starts up in November, in Previews NOW:

V5: The Deadly Art of Science #1
Nov 17, 2010 - SEP101113

-

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Damn, times like these I really wish there was a comic store here.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Atomic Robo’s latest series (after reading #2) continues to remind why Atomic Robo is simply one of the best comic books on the market these days. It’s so far beyond the vast majority of the market that it’s almost criminal so many still haven’t jumped on board!

This latest miniseries takes place during one of my favorite times in Robo’s history, when Tesla was still alive and Robo was still relatively young & fresh. It just so happens to coincide with the golden age of American organized crime *and* the pulp era of fiction, so that makes for some pretty awesome Atomic Robo stories set in a pulp / sci-fi background. The creative team delivers exactly that, introducing a pulp hero known as Jack Tarot, who is as cool as you think he’ll be (complete with his daughter as a trusty helper, who happens to be sweet on Robo). I actually wouldn’t mind a Jack Tarot miniseries!

I like how this issue subtly addressed the origins of the vampire dimension too, which was a dangling plotline from the last miniseries. The creators continually tie things together like that so well.

The creative team of Brian Clevinger, Scott Wegener and Ronda Pattison is firing on all cylinders at this point. The original Robot miniseries was utterly fantastic and they’ve only gotten better since. This is a 5 out of 5 review, the highest recommendation I can give, and anyone who complains about modern comics is a bull-faced hypocrite if they haven’t tried this title.

Pov

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Too true, Cobie! [Cool]

I had the good fortune of getting *TWO* issues of AR:DAoS with my last shipment, numbers 3 and 4, a double-scoop of Roboclatey goodness! It's so much fun to find myself laughing outloud reading something, anything... and I lost count of the number of times I did so here. I can't wait until issue 5!

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Just in time for Comic Book Review Month, one of the best comics out there is back as Atomic Robo returns with a new mini: The Ghost of Station X. If you're unsure of how good this series is, just look at the plethora of back pages in this thread of nothing but heaping doses of praise. Quite frankly, if you're not buying and reading Atomic Robo, a small part of me hates you and will never respect you.

( [Wink] )

Not only is Robo the best science-fiction comic in the market, it's the most fun and at times the funniest. Writer Brian Clevenger provides a witty, intelligent script every time which is usually ingenuous. At the heart of it is Robo, one of the great characters in comics (and in fact all his characters have a lot of heart).

The art by Scott Wegener is full of energy and adds to the fun. The coloring by LW's own Ronda Partison just makes it all brilliant.

Things I'm already liking about the new mini: the fact that there is a duel set of threats; the return of the two "so smart they're dumb" scientists who are absolutely hilarious; the awesomeness of Jenkins even when he's just standing in the backgrounds; and of course, Robo.

If you want street cred on LW for being a real comic book fan, now is the time to jump on board. New mini + comic book review month. Make it happen. 

Cobie comparison: I enjoyed this more than almost every DCnU comic.

Pov

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm pretty sure I will, too, Des... AR is always the best comic of every shipment it arrives in.

I can't wait for my next package with AR:GSX #1! [Yes]

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Atomic Robo is awesome beyond all belief!

If only the LSH were actually this much fun!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

[Yes]

It's just so much better than almost anything else in comics! I knew you'd love it.

So many posters here still have yet to try AR...and they remain forever ignorant, foolish simpletons! [Razz]

Eryk Davis Ester

Seriously, I haven't been this excited about anything comics since I read New Frontier!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Just received tpb number one and number two in the mail!

Holiday reading ! and brain globes !

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Yay, Peebs!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Awesome! Can't wait for your thoughts!

The writing is intelligent yet hunorous with a fantastic lead and tons of high octane adventure. Like Eryk says, the mythology of the series has become one of the most fun parts. And the artwork enhances all of those things perfectly, particularly the sense of fun!

Eryk Davis Ester

Just read GoSX #4! Awesome how this has turned into an Alan Turing fest just in time for his centenary!

"You're why I'm a trucker!"

And Jenkins kicking ass = total win!

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.