Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Atomic Robo - new mini in stores now! The Ghost of Station X! (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Atomic Robo - new mini in stores now! The Ghost of Station X!
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
No they didn't, Scooter. [sigh]

'Salright, I've got my eye out on eBay for it. Just sucks to have to buy a "free comic". [LOL]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mechana
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mechana           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, don't feel bad Pov. I don't have a copy either!
From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mechana
Advisor

Just found out that the FCBD issue will be collected in the Vol.2 TPB.

Also, I should be able to score some copies at SDCC, so I'll definitely get one for you Bri!!

From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Cool. [Hug]

And I was hoping it might be in the second Trade, so I wasn't too worried I'd never see it... [Smile]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
ROBO vol.2,#1 hits CBS shelves tomorrow, people!

Woo to tha HOO!! [Bouncing Boy]

--------------------

Pov

The BAD:

DCBS was shorted on AR:DoW #1, and I don't have my copy yet. [sigh]

The GREAT!:

When my next shipment arrives a week from Wednesday, I'll have both 1 AND 2 to read! [Bouncing Boy]

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Worth the wait.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, they are! Great colors as usual [Wink] . The art and story are fun so far. And while I liked the cardstock covers on volume 1, I like that ROBO is now 4 cents -cheaper- than most of what the Big Boys are selling. And the backup story in #2 follows up on a storypoint left over from the first mini... I was griping on the phone to Ronda "Whatever happened to the giant Ankh monster at the end of v1#3?" [LOL] And now we know. I'd rather have seen the artwork by Scott and Ronda, but oh well... [shrug]

Brian posted a MySpace bulletin today that Scott's finished the art for V2#5 and it's on its way to Ronda and Jeff to wrap up their respective ends for V2. He also gave teasers on what he's writing for ARv3. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Pov

quote:
from the ROBO MySpace blog:
Sunday, October 05, 2008

State Of The Robo Address

All the line art for Volume 2 is done; Ronda is coloring the fifth and final issue; and soon Jeff will make my dialog look like it's worth reading. We are on track to have everything ready on schedule. Maybe a little early. Team Robo loves you that much. Kinda like a Skrull god.

Volume 2 Issue 3 comes out in a couple weeks -- Oct 15th, mark your damn calendars! I'm curious what the reaction will be. Every issue of this volume is faster and crazier than the one before it. Issue 3 is the divide between the somewhat realistic walking tank action of the first two issues and the vat-grown soldiers and intercontinental rail guns you'll find on the other side. Y'know, the stuff They keep out of the history books.

Meanwhile, I have turned my attentions toward Volume 3: Atomic Robo and the Shadow From Beyond Time. It's another five issue series. The structure is something of a mix between Vol 1's time-hopping and the thematic cohesion of Vol 2. Which basically translates to time hops starting in the 1920s and ending in the modern day with a common thread that ties every issue together.

--------------------

mechana
Advisor

If anyone missed out on the 2008 FCBD issue, but desperately wants one, let me know and I'll hook you up.
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, cant believe i didn't see this happening last year and this. 'Course, it was kinda hectic on my end, lol. Anyway, i will be seeing if i can find the tpb's of this. The guys here have very discerning tastes, and from what little of the previews i saw here, it looks very good.

Hope you won on your nomination by the way. If not, i didn't type this. [Wink]

What else ya' got coming up? Your colors always stand out to me. Beautiful work.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by mechana:
If anyone missed out on the 2008 FCBD issue, but desperately wants one, let me know and I'll hook you up.

Jillikers, how did I miss this?!

*choke*

If you just happen to have one lying around and desperately need to make room on your coffee table, I'll take one Ronda! [Big Grin] [Smile]

If not, I'll hunt one down at the CBR, since I've been doing a lot of that lately. I'm a big fan of the 'every present I buy someone at Christmas, I buy an extra comic for myself' idea (which incidently, I just made up).

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOkay. "Came to the party" is my theme for today, as I finally--FINALLY--got around to checking out Atomic Robo. Long story short, 2008 was a pretty busy and at times sucky year, and I was lax at expanding and enjoying my comic book hobby. That all changed in the final months of the year and now I'm trying to check out everything I always wanted to.

So I missed out on the first AR mini-series, but hopefully will be able to hunt that down. Either via TPB or with actual issues, as I'd prefer to do right now I think.

But I did pick up #1 of the second mini and it was pretty cool! Very fun! Its coincidentally happening when I'm on a bit of war comic kick, so that also heightens my enjoyment, and I of course love the 'advanced science of the WWII era' high concept, so that is cool too.

A fun, cool series.

And of course I must say the coloring is quite genius and awesome, Ronda!

I'll be sticking around for the long run now, to pick up new issus and hunt for the last mini-series.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mechana
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
quote:
Originally posted by mechana:

Jillikers, how did I miss this?!

*choke*

If you just happen to have one lying around and desperately need to make room on your coffee table, I'll take one Ronda! [Big Grin]

If not, I'll hunt one down at the CBR, since I've been doing a lot of that lately. I'm a big fan of the 'every present I buy someone at Christmas, I buy an extra comic for myself' idea (which incidently, I just made up).

How did I miss this? PM me an address Cobie and I'll put one in the mail!
mechana
Advisor

The Vol.2 TPB, Atomic Robo and the Dogs of War is available Feb.18th!
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.