Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Atomic Robo - new mini in stores now! The Ghost of Station X! (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Atomic Robo - new mini in stores now! The Ghost of Station X!
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
WOOHOO! Less than 24 hours! [Bouncing Boy]

Click for fullsize image

[Promo poster linked from Scott W's blog]

You sure it came out today? Since Monday was a holiday there were no new books here in SLC today. They won't arrive until tomorrow.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Eh. Everyday's a holiday for my lazy @$$, sorry. I was wondering why online stores like Midtown and Lone Star had it listed as unavailable... Sorry! Overeager beaver!

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
No problem. It just reminds me to run to Black Cat tomorrow after work and pick up an extra copy. I can always pass it along since my copy will be here next week.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thinbalion
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thinbalion   Email thinbalion         Edit/Delete Post     
I got this on Wednesday, which now that I think about it was kind of weird because of the holiday... but oh well... not going to complain. I really enjoyed it, and I was just a little sad to discover that its a mini-series. It would be nice to have it be an ongoing. In any event very enjoyable read, with funny plot points and a really good historical feel. I'm very curious to see where this goes.

--------------------
Currently getting caught up on my Legion history by reading the Post-Zero Hour Legion.

From: Arlington, VA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Grrr...

Black Cat didn't order any, the idiots (if only they'd let me start up their website). Guess I'll have to wait until Tuesday.

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I finally got the chance to read this last night. Fun, fun, fun!

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Did you finally get yours, Scooter?

And Seymour's right-- fun, fun, FUN! Can't wait for the next issue!

Click Here For A Spoiler Favorite line: "Know what they should call you? Baron von BLABS ABOUT HIS ONLY WEAKNESS." [ROTFLMAO]

Snappy dialogue, fun art, beautiful colors! More, please!

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
My CBS sold out and is ordering more.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mechana
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mechana           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks to everyone who is supporting this book! Issue #1 is officially sold out, and a second printing with a new cover is on the way.

http://www.red5comics.com/?p=148

From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Got mine (I think) but I haven't even had time to open the DCBS boxes for the last few weeks. Doesn't look like I will either until a week from this coming Monday. [Frown]

But I will post a pic with the tee and book. Caroline has volunteered to take it.

Pov

quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
My CBS sold out and is ordering more.

Nancy, I wasn't sure how to read that-- did YOU get a copy before your store sold out? Let me know, I've got an extra ROBO #1 I can send you. [Smile]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

Pov

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Aw, man! The 2nd printing is going to have to art from the promo poster I linked to above !! Heck with Oeming, I want THAT cover!

Excellent news, Ronda! [Hug]

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Thx Pov - the CBS has reserved one of the next batch of #1s for me - and succeeding issues. They seemed kinda surprised that it had sold out so quickly. Word must have gotten around!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mechana
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mechana           Edit/Delete Post     
Issue #2 is out today! There are a few reviews online, as well as preview pages.

http://geeksofdoom.com/2007/11/07/comic-review-atomic-robo-2/

http://www.red5comics.com/?p=164

Also anyone in New York this weekend for the Big Apple Con can meet 3/4 of team Robo there (all of them, except me). [Frown]

From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Eh. If YOU'RE not going to be there, Ronda, I won't bother. [Wink] [Hug]

And AR#2 is in my next DCBS shipment-- it'll be my first-read next Monday! [Yes]

--------------------

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.