Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Atomic Robo - new mini in stores now! The Ghost of Station X! (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Atomic Robo - new mini in stores now! The Ghost of Station X!
mechana
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mechana           Edit/Delete Post     
There will most definitely be a TPB, but I don't know the release date yet.
From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mechana
Advisor

TPB will be out in June!

And from artist SCott Wegeners blog re: FCBD

Be sure to ask your comic shop to order the FCBD Atomic Robo comic! If they don’t order it, it won’t be available at your local shop on FCBD. Read more here: http://www.red5comics.com/?comic=19. Because Red5 Comics is a small fry in the great grease pit that is comics, we are a “Silver Sponsor” –which means that we are not Marvel or DC. This also means that you’d better email, phone, or visit your local shop and ask them to order Atomic Robo (& Friends) for FCBD 2008!

From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the trade info Ronda. And the info on the FCBD. I'll make sure Dr. Volts gets them in!
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll let Tim my CBS guy know about FCBD! He's gotten more interested in Atomic Robo since I started reading it (I'm SUCH a trendsetter). He reports its the best selling Red5 title at his shop.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Dang-- I may need some help getting that FCBD Robo. I don't exactly have the best access to my local shops... [sigh] I'll try JoAnne at the Paperback Trader. :XfingersX:

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mechana
Advisor

More Atomic Robo… Past, Free and Future

Bursting on to comic store shelves in October 2007 as the debut title of publisher Red 5 Comics, ATOMIC ROBO has quickly become a cult favorite of discerning and fun-loving comic readers everywhere and earning many “Best of 2007” nods.

ATOMIC ROBO #1 has sold out of its first and second printings (over 8000 copies). ATOMIC ROBO #2 also sold out, and as of this week ATOMIC ROBO #3, #4 and #5 have sold out – all earning a spot in the monthly top 300. The final issue of this volume, ATOMIC ROBO #6 (JAN083857), arrives on March 12 with the strongest initial orders of the series.

In response to continued demand, Red 5 Comics has issued a third printing of ATOMIC ROBO #1 (with the striking Michael Avon Oeming cover), and second printings of ATOMIC ROBO #2 to #5 will be available for pre-order from Diamond Comics next week and on-shelf starting March 19.

But the adventures of ATOMIC ROBO do not end there.

His next Action Science outing will be on Free Comic Book Day, May 3, 2008 in an all-new 16-page battle against Russian Comm-bots in the 1960s. ROBO co-creators Brian Clevinger and Scott Wegener return for script and art duties, respectively – along with colorist Ronda Pattison and letterer Jeff Powell. Be sure to check with your favorite local comic shop in February to see if they are participating in Free Comic Book Day and including ATOMIC ROBO (FEB080036).

Red 5 Comics is pleased to announce that starting this fall, ATOMIC ROBO will return as a continuing series, with Clevinger and Wegener on-board for over twenty issues of ROBO exploits over the next three years.

“We couldn’t be happier to be able to share more of Robo’s adventures,” said Clevinger. “I can promise more explosions and more punching, but the two are probably unrelated. Punching things until they explode is just bad strategy, even for a robot.”

On the success of ROBO, Wegener waxed, “It was Mark Twain who said, ‘Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.’ The first time I drew Robo in a pair of cargo pants and muddy combat boots it was instant BFFs. Thank God other people seem to like the idea too.”

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
You can see a preview of the FCBD issue at Comics Continuum.

So, Ronda, you returning for the ongoing? Please!

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mechana
Advisor

Atomic Robo has been nominated for 2 Eisner Awards, in the categories of Best Limited Series and Best Coloring.
Pov

From the 'Robo MySpace blog:

quote:
Saturday, May 31, 2008

Volume 1 and Volume 2 are comin’ at’cha!

The trade paperback of our first mini-series, Atomic Robo and the Fightin' Scientists of Tesladyne, hits June 11th. If this thing moves the way the individual issues did, it's in your best bet to pre-order it. Just head down to your local comic shop and give them the order number: APR084084. If your local shop is a million miles away (or fewer but still outside of reason), fine chain bookstores such as Waldenbooks, Books-a-Million, Barnes and Noble, Borders, and so on can order it for you too. Or you can pick it up online at a variety of stores including Amazon.. and Heavy Ink.

Dear god, there's more!

The first issue of our new mini-series, Atomic Robo and the Dogs of War, comes out August 13, but you can order it now! Local shop; go there; order number JUN084181; give them. Also, online and Heavy Ink.

Whew.

Meanwhile, we just turned in Vol 2 Issue 2 yesterday (ahead of schedule, cha-ching), Scott's already a couple pages into Issue 2.3, and I'm making some headway on 2.4. Team Robo is an entertainment machine and we're stuck on turbo, baby.

So the first trade hits shelves in 10 days, and Robo v.2#1 is in the June PREVIEWS for August-shipping books.

YAY! [Bouncing Boy]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Woo hoo!

I just wish I'd gotten the Free Comic Book Day story. I was out of town (no comic book stores) and my shop owner forgot to pull it for me. [Frown]

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

I missed out, too, Seymour; My local shop didn't order the Silver-level FCBD books, and I couldn't get anywhere else to check. [Frown]

I hope it's included in the trade following this next arc...

--------------------

Pov

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Scott W's posted Ronda's colors for the cover to AR 2.3, so I'm hoping it's safe to link to:

Dogs of War #3 cover colors

Looking GOOD, Ronda! [Cool]

--------------------

mechana
Advisor

Volume 1 TPB collecting issues 1-6 is in stores now! Check it out; you know you want to... [Big Grin]
Lightning Lad
Founder

Just got it in the mail today with last week's books. WOOT!
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
I missed out, too, Seymour; My local shop didn't order the Silver-level FCBD books, and I couldn't get anywhere else to check. [Frown]

I hope it's included in the trade following this next arc...

Bri, DCBS didn't include it with your order after FCBD? I figured they tossed in stuff similar to what you normally order since I got a copy of it. None left at the stores when I went around.
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.