Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Atomic Robo - new mini in stores now! The Ghost of Station X! (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Atomic Robo - new mini in stores now! The Ghost of Station X!
mechana
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mechana           Edit/Delete Post     
If anyone is interested you can see interviews with myself, and letterer Jeff Powell here:

http://www.atomic-robo.com/?p=377

http://www.atomic-robo.com/?p=383

From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by mechana:
The Vol.2 TPB, Atomic Robo and the Dogs of War is available Feb.18th!

[choke] I thought I missed this when it was first solicitted, but DCBS has it listed in their trades. Don't know if it's been listed all along, but I see it now! And it's going on my next order.

Am also excited for AR Vol.3, ...and the Shadow From Beyond Time. [Yes]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
SHADOW #1 was excellent all-around! Brian C's explanation for the Tungusten event was inventive and interesting in how it tied together such disparate historical figures as Tesla, Lovecraft and... that other guy, whoever he was. [LOL]

Beautiful colors and letters from you and Jeff as always, Ronda! [Hug]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

SHADOW #2... Robo blowed up??? 8-(

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

mechana
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mechana           Edit/Delete Post     
Gotta love the cliff hanger endings, don'tcha? :-)
From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Yup. [LOL]

Double Ronda goodness this week... AR:SoT #3 and We Kill Monsters #1 -both- out on 7/22!

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I figure Robo either pulled off a nifty escape, or he gets rebuilt by Tesla, like the Metal Men were always getting rebuilt. Odds on the first option.

It was sort of funny to see him treated like a teenager. I can't think of any other robots who "age".

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I've finally caught up on the latest Atomic Robo mini, Shadow from Beyond Time. Wow, I've got to say, this series has really picked up even more! I never read the first series yet, and I liked the second, but the third one is even more fun than the second.

One of the things that captured my interest immediately was the idea of Robo being alive for 80+ years, and this mini really captures that, giving us different time periods each issue. The idea in #3 of Robo trying to halt the coming arms race before it really gets underway is fascinating with hints of tragedy since he obviously is unable to do so.

This series just has everyhing: awesome lead, fun as all hell, crazy science, cool appearances by real life people like Tesla and HP Lovecraft, and one of the great colorists in comics!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Robo SBT#4 was awesome for so many reasons... Sagan, and Robo's interaction with him, was awesome [LOL] But I really love the final splash page... sets up next issue's denouement very nicely! Awesome job by everyone involved!

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I've got to say, the conclusion to Atomic Robo SBT is one of the most satisfying and fun I've seen in a long time. I thoroughly enjoyed this mini-series!

The way the meeting of the various Robos was handled was complicated yet simplistically laid out to the readers--and made it incredibly fun to read.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
So is everyone reading and loving the latest mini?

So far, so AWESOME.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Pov & others--dude, post some thoughts on the FCBD issue and the latest mini!

Vol. 4 #3 features "Why Dr. Dinosaur hates Atomic Robo" and is one of the grooviest stories I've read in awhile. Dr. Dinosaur might just be my new favorite comic book villain! Absolutely hilarious and I immediately want an ongoing bi-weekly Dr. Dinosaur series focusing on every aspect of his daily routine. He should be totally battling the Heckler and Ambush Bug!

What's great about Atomic Robo is every issue stands alone as well as being part of a larger miniseries. So you don't need to pick up #1, you can just pick up any issue off the stands.

Pov

I never got the FCBD ish, but v4#3 had sooo many great bits of dialogue I've been too busy rereading it to post about it here. LoveloveLOVE Robo!

"That is for me to know and for you to die!"

"That's not even a sentence."

"The simple mammalian subject and predicate were both represented! I challenge your claim."

[LOL]

--------------------

Pov

OMIGOSH... I -JUST- now got the homage to Uncanny X-men #132 in the last panel... BRILLIANT.

[ROTFLMAO]

I need to get my scanner working so I can put the panels of Dr. D and Wolvie side-by-side... [LOL]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't realize it either but I checked and you're totally right!!

You've gotta post the panels side by side!

Brilliant! Could this comic be any cooler?

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.