Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Atomic Robo - new mini in stores now! The Ghost of Station X! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Atomic Robo - new mini in stores now! The Ghost of Station X!
mechana
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mechana           Edit/Delete Post     
Last chance to pre-order Atomic Robo! The deadline is August 27th. Tell a friend!
From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mechana
Advisor

Review highlights (cribbed from Scott Wegener's blog):

# Newsarama Best Shots

“Wow… I really liked this book. It was pure fun, something often lacking in comics today. It’s filled with action, adventure, and snappy dialog. Who doesn’t love a smart-ass robot! Stan Lee would love this book!”

# Silver Bullet Comics

“Beautiful retro design that recalls the Art Deco era, characters that make you laugh, and story from page one. This is slam-bam jet fueled afterburner fun from the get-go.”

# Silver Bullet Comicbooks (the other one)

“The dialogue is sharpest in this, with lines that frequently made me grin, and more than once laugh out loud. The art is somewhat reminiscent of Hellboy, but with a cleaner look and sharper lines. It’s definitely professional and damn pretty to look at.”

# Silver Bullet Comicbooks (the other one, again)

“The art for the book is reminiscent of The Amazing Screw-On Head and matches the pace set by Clevinger’s wry humor brilliantly. I love art like this, art that manages to be expressive without looking cluttered or overly busy.”

# Comic World News

“The art in this book is just gorgeous and I really love the 30’s sci-fi look to the entire production. The book is fast-paced and hilarious and is sure to be a hit when it premieres in October. Make sure you look for this one! Grade A”

# Comics and…

“Crisp story telling and a good handle on some humorous dialogue.”

# Poptown!

“While the first issue is very action packed, the outline for future issue promises the sort of pulp-style historical/sci-fi adventure that I really dig.”

# Gail Simone (writer Wonder Woman, Birds of Prey)

“I just wanted to say this looks EXCELLENT. I’m definitely buying this. This is your first book together and it looks this good? Nicely done, mister! Hope it’s a big success. I love the understatement, and the art’s gorgeous”

From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Great reviews. I especially love Gail's quote! [Smile] October can't get here soon enough... [sigh]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
It's on my list - and I'm really looking forward to it!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Some more press--
This is a press release for AR #2, posted by Jen Contino on The Pulse:

quote:
PRESS RELEASE

ATOMIC ROBO #2
Written by Brian Clevinger
Art by Scott Wegener
Colors by Ronda Pattison

ANTS! Atomic Robo is all that stands between Reno and a pack of giant 50-foot-ants, but the metal warrior can't shake flashbacks of a World War II dogfight gone bad.

From Brian Clevinger, the creator of web-phenomenon 8-Bit Theater.

32 pages, $2.95, Nov 14, 2007

And an all-encompassing Red 5 interview with co-founders Paul Ens and Scott Chitwood at Newsarama -- the cover to AR#1 is the first image in the thread. [Cool]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
More press for Atomic Robo, from the Baltimore Con: scroll down to last interview

Later, Baron von Helsingard will come back, and Atomic Robo will even encounter Stephen Hawking in a story that Wegener calls filled with fun. "I won't call it a humor book, but I always go back to Indiana Jones, because that's kind of the classic. That was not a funny movie, but it had a lot of funny moments in it. We have those moments, but basically it's an adventure book," he said.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Woot! Got my t-shirt today. Looks plenty big enough for me to wear now but I'll probably wait a couple of days before trying it on. Definitely will be part of my SDCC wardrobe.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I might need another before SDCC-- I'm wearing the hell outta THIS one! [Big Grin]

--------------------

mechana
Advisor

Awesome! You guys will have to post pics!
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Mine actually fits! A bit tight for me but Caroline says it looks real nice. Another few pounds and it will be real comfortable. Very nice, roomy 3X. A quality product.

BTW, solicits are up for Red 5 for December.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

ATOMIC ROBO #1 should be out next Wednesday, Oct. 10-- if my mid-month shipment goes out the same day, I'll have my two copies the following Monday, the 15th! Yay! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Pov

Kevin Church is givin' out some Robolove today on his blog at www.beaucoupkevin.com :

quote:
You did buy Atomic Robo #1 right? If not, tell your shopkeep you desire such a comic and then look at the preview to heighten your anticipation. This comic is so good, I bought a page of original art before reading the damned thing. (Also, it was a very good page.)
I'm jealous... I need to stop by Scott's blogpage and see what he has available for sale and how much he's asking...

--------------------

Pov

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
WOOHOO! Less than 24 hours! [Bouncing Boy]

-

[Promo poster linked from Scott W's blog]

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

New interview with Scott and Kevin at Silver Bullet Comic Books along with preview pages.
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by mechana:
Awesome! You guys will have to post pics!

As soon as I have the first issue in my hands I'll have Caroline take a pic of me in my shirt while holding the book.
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.