Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Marvel's X-verse (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  23  24  25   
Author Topic: Marvel's X-verse
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
X-Factor is the only X-book I'm interested in. I could care less about Charlie on his deathbed, Bru has never impressed me with his X work, and Astonishing just flaunts its holier than the others attitude.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Titan Lad
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Titan Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I read the majority of the X-Books. It seems that the direction that they are going with for Divided We Stand is pretty interesting. Brubaker ACTUALLY wrote an issue that I liked (#495) and Yost & Kyle did an amazing job with X-Force #1. Now I am just patiently waiting for X-Men: Legacy #207 and Young X-Men #1 (mainly for Dani Moonstar.)
From: Dallas, Texas | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
X-Force didn't do much for me, but I *am* looking forward to Young X-Men for much the same reason you are.

Have you seen the cover that features Dani with Magma? Their pose is suggestive on a couple of levels...

...I'm wondering if there's going to be some sort of New Mutants gone undercover infiltrating the bad guy group thing going on... or, heaven forbid, a case of New Mutants turned to the bad (or gray).

The solicits read like Cyclops will be sending this new team to face the former New Mutants- though that could be misdirection, or misinterpretation on my part.

The new kids that are the stars of the series don't interest me that much, except for Dust.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
Have you seen the cover that features Dani with Magma? Their pose is suggestive on a couple of levels...

What a strange coincidence.

Back in the day, reading New Mutants helped me come to terms with my bisexuality (I got into superheroes when I was in my late teens, and I read New Mutants as back issues.)

I'd go back and forth between wanting to be Dani and wanting to be with her. But the one I knew was the most like me was Magma, the aloof one with a superiority complex.

Hmmmm...Magma, Monet, Amora the Enchantress, Sersi...there's clearly a pattern here.

So if Dani and Magma end up together, I'll be delighted.

I'll read the first issue at the store and see what I think.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
YOUNG X-MEN #1:

OK for a coming together issue, I suppose, but it all pales in comparison to that last page in which

Click Here For A Spoiler SUNSPOT is revealed to be the Lord Imperial of the Hellfire Club who has formed a new Brotherhood of Evil Mutants (at least Cyclops is terming them 'evil') comprised of Sunspot, Cannonball, Magma and Dani Moonstar.

Didn't publicity for YXM state that Cyclops was sending the new team of Dust, Rockslide, Wolf Cub, Blindfold and Ink to *kill* the opponents shown on that last page?

At the least, Cyclops alludes to 'war'.

Obviously, there's something we don't know yet. Mind control? Blackmail? Cyclops a Skrull? Or his lover, Emma Frost- controlling *him*?

Not wild about the art, it's serviceable at best. But I'm definitely interested in seeing where this is going.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
Click Here For A Spoiler SUNSPOT is revealed to be the Lord Imperial of the Hellfire Club...

He already was, per Claremont's last run on UncannyXM.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm gonna be royally mad if the former New Mutants turn out to be bad guys...I don't understand why Marvel doesn't put them in a book and let it sell.

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Of course they're not. Cannonball's on Tracer Land's UXM500 cover. In an issue or two, they'll reveal it's a fake Cyclops and yadda-yadda-yadda.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

The Young X-Men still *think* the New Mutants are evil as of the last issue (which didn't have anything backing up that suggestive cover at *all*). Though they don't seem to be doing anything to merit the attacks, other than Sunspot (and isn't that supposed to be a take-over-from-within kind of deal?)

Magma, of course, goes off her not-so-deep end when provoked. But who can blame her?

One of the YXM appears to be working at cross-purposes with his teammates. Just whose purposes those are remains to be seen.

I'm kind of liking the Tattoed Man as a mutant. Not that his personality's so intriguing. But a shades-of-some-color-or-the-other character's always nice to see.

Mystery Lad
Advisor

YOUNG X-MEN #3: Wolfcub takes out Magma? Uh-huh. Moonstar has dialogue like a REAL WORLD alumni? Wha?! Sam and Roberto suddenly sinister? (I know Sunspot's been involved with the Hellfire Club for awhile) Is that tattooed guy at issue's end breaking some guy out of prison supposed to be Ink?

Things are making less sense, rather than more.

ULTIMATE X-MEN 94: Colossus is a banshee-user? (banshee being one of those super-power amping drugs) And now most of the rest of the X-men are too? Don't like those developments, but I did like seeing the other mutants and the Alpha Flight appear, even if the latter group's apparently an enemy.

GIANT-SIZED ASTONISHING X-MEN 1: I'm in the minority; I just didn't love this run. I don't get the appeal of the Polaris lookalike, I'm not clear about the fate of Kitty Pryde- though there were some nice, emotional scenes featuring her. Timeliness, or lack of it, has affected this series greatly, at least for me.

X-FIRCE 4: Capably told, interesting art-- but Lord I hate the places they're taking Rahne and now Warren Worthington. Hopefully the latter, at least, is temporary, given events in other X-books. Nice to see Elixr, though.

Mystery Lad
Advisor

San Francisco as the new host-city for most things X? What do you think of that?

#500's supposed to be the start of yet another new era, so #499 gets several characters into position, wrapping up a couple of less than inspired storylines along the way. What was the point of the trip to Russia? Was there one? The hippie thing was fun- but should have just lasted two issues at the *most*. I wish one of the hypnotized would keep their hippie persona. That could be fun.

Mystery Lad
Advisor

YOUNG X-MEN #4 came out and sees most everyone's suspicions about Cyclops answered. An image-inducer using Donald Pierce has been masquerading as ol' Slim Summers- and is 'outed' by the new character Greymalkin (who references talking to Cypher !???!!)

Which means that the former New Mutants Cannonball, Sunspot, Magma and Dani Moonstar weren't the Evil Mutants the fledgling team was sent to fight.

Guess they'll have egg on their faces, huh?

I thought something like this had to be coming, but I was just unsure enough about Marvel to think they actually *might* force the old New Mutants the into Brotherhood of Evil Mutants role.

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I saw this BOEM as a chance to have the two teams face off... then reconcile. The true Young X-Men team will likely be a combination of both versions of New Mutants.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

I think you're right, CJ. I hope Sunspot, Magma and Dani are the ones that remain. It looks like Cannonball is off to main X-land again, but if he isn't, I'd choose him over Dani.

I'd like to see *her* with a nice long guest-starring turn in THOR.

Yes, Thor.

Then a stint in X-Factor.

Mystery Lad
Advisor

X-Force 5: Isn't blood splatter beautiful?

A little less of it, and I'd quite like the art. That is, if I didn't have to look at Archangel- a version of Warren Worthington I don't appreciate.

I hope it's temporary, and that Elixir can restore Angel.

I know there's a segment of fans that prefer the grimmer, bloodlusting Archangel. I'm not a member.

I'm glad to see that Rahne isn't quite a *hopeless* nutcase. Just a nutcase, at the moment.

This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  23  24  25   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.