Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » So...what did ya get this week? (Page 11)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  37  38  39   
Author Topic: So...what did ya get this week?
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
Very sad face.

Though I think it is likely she'll be relaunched in the DCU proper.

I hope so. CJ broke the news to me today about this. It's a damn shame if the series is truly gone. It's been the surprise delight of the last 2 years.
Seconded.

The rumor mill is swirling about this and a supposedly canned Vertigo Swamp Thing series by author China Mieville. Karen Berger herself said at SDCC that DCU editorial was getting the characters back.

So I am a bit optimistic, though if it does happen I'm hoping they keep the Wagner/Reeder team.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
Amy Hadley Reeder is going to be the stand in artist on Batwoman apparently so I doubt she will remain on any relaunched Madame Xanadu in the DCU should it happen or Matt Wagner for that point.

I would expect mostly likely she will become part of the supporting cast of Zatanna or disapear all together; which is the most likely outcome unfortunately as it is not as if they were doing much with her before Vertigo took her.

From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I hope they relaunch as a DCU book too if it is indeed cancelled, but like OM said, with the current creative team. I suspected Reeder might be leaving anyway, but I at least need Matt Wagner.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Only got...

Flash
Green Lantern
Green Lantern Corps
JL:GL

Cutting back to 4 books a week. Too many other things to save for.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Dead week for me. Just took the bus into town only to find nothing in my pull folder. Boo!
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Bought all five issues of X-Factor Forever. My first glimpse of the series.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
How did I miss all that upthread talk about Madame Xanadu getting cancelled? I love that book! Where did people hear that rumour? I haven't seen any mention of it anywhere.

If it is the end ( [Frown] ) then we should at least be thankful that Wagner gave us a lot more with this character than he originally intended. I think his original plan was just to write that first 10 part origin arc and then move on, until he kept getting more ideas for her. Thank goodness he did because this book has been wonderful.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
So far, that is the only one that is 'just rumor'. All the others have been verified.

(And as you can guess, I totally agree with all the praise).

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
How did I miss all that upthread talk about Madame Xanadu getting cancelled? I love that book! Where did people hear that rumour? I haven't seen any mention of it anywhere.

If it is the end ( [Frown] ) then we should at least be thankful that Wagner gave us a lot more with this character than he originally intended. I think his original plan was just to write that first 10 part origin arc and then move on, until he kept getting more ideas for her. Thank goodness he did because this book has been wonderful.

I agree 100%. The stories have been great & I was introduced to the incredible art of Amy Reeder Hadley.
I bought the TP of the first arc for my mom & she loves it!!

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/07/22/dc-vertigo-to-cancel-madam-xanadu/

--------------------

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
NOOOOooooo...

I was happier in denial, OM. [Wink]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Isn't Rich Johnston known for reporting rumours more than facts?

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
one can only hope arachne.

oh well, new comic books tomorrow!!!

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Red Robin 15
Brightest Day 7
Driver for the Dead 1

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Irredeemable #16
Hellboy The Storm #2
Brightest Day #7
Doom Patrol #13
House Of Mystery #28
JSA All-Stars #9
R.E.B.E.L.S. #19
Secret Six #24
Black Terror #11
Avengers Thor & Captain America Official Index To The Marvel Universe #4

--------------------

This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  37  38  39   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.