Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » So...what did ya get this week? (Page 37)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  ...  34  35  36  37  38  39   
Author Topic: So...what did ya get this week?
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Gonorrhea. [sigh]

You better get your shots updated, Cobie... [Eek!]

[Wink]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
If you spend fifty bucks, shipping's free. Plus, if you subscribe to their newsletter, they have weekly passwords that give you an extra 10% discount on certain groupings (ex: DC titles A-L, westerns, horror, etc.).

The coolest thing about the site is that they really don't seem to gouge you! You can get trades and a lot of back issues already discounted off the cover price!

(And no, I don't own stock in the company! [Razz] )

Yeah, Lone Star Comics rocks... they were the first site I used for my subscription service before I found DCBS. I liked that they would combine sub and back-issue order shipments. I still get their newsletter, even though I haven't ordered from them in awhile. Great bunch of guys.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Stormwatch #13
Action #13
World's Finest #5
Swamp Thing #13
Dial H #5
Animal Man #13

Hoping these get the taste of some of those zero issues out of my mouth.

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
From this week, the new issues of:

Doctor Who (new #1!)
Thief of Thieves
The Boys (penultimate issue!)
Lone Ranger
Black Kiss
Amazing Spider-Man
Rorschach
Fatale

And a leftover from from my hold bag:

Mind MGMT#4

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, my money for entertainment went for other things this week, but I did salvage 5 bucks for the First Blood Bluray.

Stallone is kind of like a comic character.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Road to Oz #2
Dial H #5
Fairest #8
Action Comics #13
Swamp Thing #13
Animal Man #13
Avengers #38
Legends of the Dark Knight #1
Womanthology: Space #1

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Mind MGMT#4

Fantastic series that I'm loving. #4 really kicked things into gear.

Kindt is a real genius, IMO. He is a totally unique voice in the industry and I'm thrilled he's doing a monthly.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
quote:
Mind MGMT#4

Fantastic series that I'm loving. #4 really kicked things into gear.

Kindt is a real genius, IMO. He is a totally unique voice in the industry and I'm thrilled he's doing a monthly.

I've read two issues. A little hot and cold on it because it confuses me somewhat, but overall, I'm liking it.

Now, read my latest damn LotO stuff, ALREADY!!! [Mad]

[Wink]

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Just grabbed the Allred issues of Wolverine and the X-Men and Daredevil.

Allred goodness.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
^ cool!

I picked up the latest Fatale #8
World's Finest #5 (No Maguire ... I guess he is tired from his kick nass #0)
and
Danger Club #4

... but I find myself really hungry for a New Deadwardians.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Action Comics #13
Batwing #13
Earth-2 #5
Green Lantern #13
Worlds' Finest #5

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Picked up my Sept plus one week haul, which is getting smaller by the month. All zero issues and a 13. Dropped L Lost. Couldn't do it anymore.

Really enjoying Action and Batwomen. Legion, JLA, Flash, Superman, all ride more of a rollercoaster. Some months I really like an issue. Other months, less so.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

A whole bunch of goodies from my good buddy Lash. Watch various review sections over the next few weeks for what I got.
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

This week's issues of.....

The Creep
The Massive
Conan the Barbarian
Buffy
Stumptown v2
Morning Glories
Punk Rock Jesus
Batman

Yep, caved and bought Batman. What can I say? That was the hardest of all the DCnUCoke books for me to give up. Plus, all the rave advanced reviews I've read. Hate the die-cut cover, though. [Disgusting]

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I only got two things ...

Uncanny Avengers #1 and Dr. Manhattan

Dr. Manhattan continues to be anything but what it says on the cover ... "A THRILLING PUBLICATION." Even Adam Hughes can't make a story interesting when it is the same one as last month!

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  ...  34  35  36  37  38  39   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.