Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » So...what did ya get this week? (Page 34)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39   
Author Topic: So...what did ya get this week?
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Legion secret origin
Legion lost
Green Lantern
Batman and Robin
Superboy
Resurrection Man

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Crazy week for me, *five titles!*

Legion Lost 7
Legion of Super-Heroes 7
Star Trek/Legion 6
X-Factor 231
Avengers: Children's Crusade 9

But still, Star/Trek Legion and Children's Crusade are done, so I'm down to the remainder of the above, and Avengers Academy and Legion: Secret Origins.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Star Trek Legion
Tiny Titans
Justice League (big mistake)
Legion of Super-Heroes
Batman (last issue for me)
Hellblazer (best of the lot)

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
So suddenly theres this huge buzz around Danger Club #1, which comes out tomorrow! Websites giving it 9 out of 10 or 9.5 out of 10; comic book store owners declaring it the best comic of the year. Apparently this is going to be awesome!

I'm going to actually go tomorrow to see if I can get a copy. If anyone else does, please review. The five best comics I've read this year have basically all been new Image releases!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Just put in my order for The Lone Ranger trades 2, 3, and 4. Also The Lone Ranger and Tonto trade, and the second Green Hornet Year One trade.

Should be here in a week or so.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Got them...w00t!
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Batman and Robin
Resurrection Man
Legion Lost
Green Lantern
Superboy
Justice League of America #134 JLA vs. Despero
Justice League of America # 163
Justice League of America # 171
Justice League of America #178

Superboy 100 Page Super Spectacular

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Batgirl #8
Batwoman #8
Courtney Crumrin #1
Glory #25
Grimm Fairy Tales #71
Grimm Fairy Tales: Alice in Wonderland #4
Grimm Fairy Tales: The Library #5
Resurrection Man #8
Saucer Country #2

I dropped Legion Lost today.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dev - Em:
Just put in my order for The Lone Ranger trades 2, 3, and 4. Also The Lone Ranger and Tonto trade, and the second Green Hornet Year One trade.

quote:

I expect reviews, ASAP! Esp. curious about L&T, which I don't have yet.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Will do Lardy, and soon.

I got Saga 1 (3rd printing, gonna have to wait for second printing on issue 2 though.)
Ghostbusters 7
Night Force 2

Also got 12 Monkeys on Blu Ray (one of my top 10 faves.)

SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Legion Lost 8
LSH 8
Supergirl 8
Walking Dead 96
Justice League 8
Batman 8

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Grabbed some stuff today...

Teen Titans Annual 1

Ghostbusters 8 (this is a really fun book. Anyone that liked the movie would enjoy it.)

Night Force 3

Saga 2 (second print)

the Secret Service 1 (heard some good things here and there about this. It's M Miller, so that should make the story at least interesting...but the art is by Dave freakin Gibbons. Who has gotten nothing but better as time goes on. That alone sold me.)

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
the Secret Service 1 (heard some good things here and there about this. It's M Miller, so that should make the story at least interesting...but the art is by Dave freakin Gibbons. Who has gotten nothing but better as time goes on. That alone sold me.)

I thought it was a good start to an interesting, different take on the spy / James Bond genre. I like the idea that 'what if James Bond had a deadbeat sister, complete with deadbeat husband and always in trouble son'. I have a feeling this is going to get *really good* really fast.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Need to finnish it, but I LOVED the whole bit at the beginning. Wonder if the kidnapping victim gave his approval for the appearance or not. Thread to start on that one once I finish the issue today.
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Looking forward to the thread!

I read in an interview the kidnapping victim was delighted and honored when he found out (beforehand) what they intended, and gave it an enthusiastic green light.

This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.