Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » So...what did ya get this week? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  37  38  39   
Author Topic: So...what did ya get this week?
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Dev, definitely let me know how Doc Savage is in your First Wave thread.

And Lardy--please review the Shield! I'm going to pick it up too.

I normally only go every 4 weeks or so and then get a huge double stack of comics when I do. So I'm not sure it'd be worth me listing every single comic I collect (basically all the DC's, all the Marvels, all the Vertigo's, many independents, etc.).

One day I'll move back closer to my CBS and maybe go weekly or biweekly again. I feel like I just can't spare the time to go these days...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Savage is wonderful but I haven't read the Justice, Inc. back-up yet. If you want my opinion.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Also picked up...

Chew #10 - best book you're probably not reading.

Secret Six #20 - You guys addicted me to this book.

Oh yeah...also got an extra Flash Ring for Hannah (need to get her a White Lantern ring next week, She has all of them so far.)

Also got her the Stargirl/STRIPE mini mate set for $1. She's gonna love that.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Got a GL ring and a Flash ring. I also got the six other spectrum rings this weekend, a quarter each. All I need is white.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Lessee...

Green Lantern #53 - Like all the colored Lanterns, so I'll give this a shot for a while.

Supergirl #52 - Have hope that we'll at least see Brainy through this issue.

Brave and the Bold #33 - love the line up in this one.

The Spirit #1 - Preview looked good, plus the backup is by Denny O'Niell and Bill Sienkiewicz, in Black and White no less. Hope it's in his Shadow days vein of art.

Blackest Night Directors cut - More Johns stuff with lots of character designs.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
Savage is wonderful but I haven't read the Justice, Inc. back-up yet. If you want my opinion.

Write about it in the First Wave thread...please.
Dev - Em
KIA

Lessee...so far

Green Lantern Corps #47 - Gonna be grabbing the BN issues at least, figured I'd start here though. I may pick up Guy's new book.
Superman #699 - The end run is coming.
Last Stand of New Krypton #3 - Just want this to be over, no interest in the War thing.

More when I get to my other store.

Dev - Em
KIA

Okay...

Grabbed The Walking Dead #71 - Want to read this right this second, but also don't. Cause then the wait for the next issue starts.

FCBD Stash...

For me:

Dr. Solar/Magnus - Shooter getting a chance to do these guys again. Should be interesting.

War of The Supermen - It's free...doubt I'll get the mini though.

Bongo - Simpsons fun.

For Hannah:

DC Kids - lots of short story fun.

Shrek - She can't wait for the next movie.

Archie's Summer Splash - Fun with the Archie gang.

For Jon (or at least for him to destroy):

Toy Story - wild jabbering will ensue when he sees this. Should probably let his sister see it first.

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Just the DC Kids and War for me.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Wonder Woman #43 ... it made my head hurt ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

This si my choices for the week...we'll see if I can grab them all.

BRIGHTEST DAY #1 $2.99 want the ring. So does Hannah.
DOOM PATROL #10 $2.99 - The BUG!!!
IZOMBIE #1 $1.00 - it's s dollar!!! Plus it's Allred drawing Zombies!!!
JONAH HEX #1 $1.00 - it's s dollar!!!
SECRET SIX #21 $2.99 - Do I really need to explain?

Dev - Em
KIA

Got everything but the Jonah Hex. Gotta hit the other shop for that. Got Hannah her White antern ring as well as one for me.
Dev - Em
KIA

Just grabbed Jonah Hex #1 and #50.

$1 goodness for #1, and D. Cooke on #50.

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
lots!

JL Generation lost. not liking. didn't expect the usual slapstick but thought it would at least be wacky or offbeat/different.

Black Widow 2, loving it it's like a movie, and the art is sick!
Adventure Comics 11: not sure why i got it haven't read it yet.
Astonishing X-men: really liked it, art is super stylized but i find it surprising. and MAJOR SPOILER!!!!

Click Here For A SpoilerStorm has a MoHawk AGAIN!!!!!

New Muties 7: <shrug>

Siege: Quite happy with the ending.
Click Here For A Spoilerexcept stark needs to go on hiatus. he hasnt shown any remorse or guilt. and besides the destruction of asgard!! lol.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I need to get to main CBS to pick up a few weeks worth of comics but since its far away I needed to scratch that itch and picked up a few random things that weren't on my pull list already to read over the weekend (and I'll review them):

- Astonishing Spider-Man / Wolverine - based on reviews from www.comicbookresources.com which gave it a rare 5 out of 5 stars, and since Jason Aaron and Adam Kubert are doing it. Sure, I don't need another Spidey/Wolvie comic, but I can always use a comic starring anyone if its that good.

- I, Zombie

- First Wave, based on SK and Dev's recommendation.

- Green Hornet Strikes - I gave the other two a chance and am sticking with them, I figure I might as well review the third title as well.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  37  38  39   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.