Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » So...what did ya get this week? (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  37  38  39   
Author Topic: So...what did ya get this week?
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I finally put in a huge order today at Instock Trades based on various recommendations I've gotten from LWers and some trades I've wanted for myself. (Also the first time I used the website!)

Unfortunately there was no freebie trade I could get and Project Superpowers half-off didn't feel like much of a deal at $9.99 (so I eliminated it).

I got:

Scalped vol. 5
Scalped vol. 6
Ghost Rider: Hell Bent Heaven Bound (Jason Aaron run)
Hellboy: Seeds of Destruction (vol. 1)
Hellboy: Wake the Devil (vo. 2)
SECRET HISTORY OMNIBUS HC W/ DUST JACKET - FC recommendation that kicked it all off
Cairo TPB (Vertigo)
COMPLETE DICK TRACY VOL 1 HC

All in all, a pretty big order that should keep me satisfied for a few months with my ongoings and plans to reread the entire Silver Age Iron Man run. I will be doing a lot of comic book reading! (Between changing diapers that is)

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I also put in a TPB order a couple days ago, but not to In-Stock Trades, which I've also used (and highly recommend). After cross-checking eBay and IST for prices, I bought a batch from another trusted online source mycomicshop.com. I chose this site because the going prices on eBay and IST were usually more than what I saw for the particular items I wanted this go-round. I'm on their mailing list, so I got an additional 10% off most of these, and had the option of buying some that were VF condition for lower than Mint or Near Mint prices. Mostly, I don't care if they're VF because that's still really nice condition.

I ordered:

Batman Ego and Other Tales TPB NM $9.00
Fables TPB Vol 4 NM $10.80
Ghost Rider Trials and Tribulations TPB NM $7.20
Ghost Riders Heaven's on Fire TPB VF $8.64
Jonah Hex Face Full of Violence TPB NM $6.30
Spirit HC Vol 1 VF $12.00
Spirit HC Vol 2 NM $15.00

All are substantially below cover price and should scratch some itches I have! The Ghost Rider trades will complete the latter two of the four Aaron volumes (which Cobie has bought on my recommendation). Three Darwyn Cooke books, my long-awaited first colume of Jonah Hex and the next Fables trade (along with Cooke, my latest obsession!) round it out.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I completely forgot about Batman: Ego! :kickownhead:

Lardy, you really got some damn good deals there! You're like the master at finding the best places to order trades! Can't wait for you to read these and review them!

All of my purchases were based on LW recommendations: Lardy, FC, CJ, Lancerealm, Prof and Miner's to be exact. (Any LWer worth his salt should be able to tell who recommended what [Wink] ).

Cool we just both put a big order in--great minds and all that!

[ June 09, 2010, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Lardy, you really got some damn good deals there! You're like the master at finding the best places to order trades! Can't wait for you to read these and review them!

How good a deal, you ask? The cover pices on the Spirit HCs are $24.99 apiece! Jonah Hex: FFoV retails for $12.99. Batman: Ego TPB retails for $17.99. The Ghost Rider trades are $12.99 and $16.99 respectively. And Fables Vol. 4 retails for $17.95. I paid $68.94 total for what would've cost me $128.89 retail, plus, I dunno, at least 10 bucks tax? That's about a 50% savings, minimum! (Neither IST nor mcs charge shipping on orders of at least $50)

It pays to shop around, folks! (or even better have a well-stocked local library)

[ June 09, 2010, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: Officer Taylor ]

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I completely forgot about Batman: Ego! :kickownhead:

D'OH! [Big Grin]

quote:
Cool we just both put a big order in--great minds and all that!
In my case it's because I'm getting an extra paycheck in June, due to the wonders of bi-weekly payroll!

I'm curious about this Secret History. I saw FC's post, also, and am curious if it's up our alley. I know you'll report back! [Yes]

--------------------

rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Worlds Finest #201 I think it is. Supes and Hal team up in a contest rigged by Dr. Fate.

Booster Gold- 32 and 33. I'll give it one more issue. Art is great, story...eh. I'm not into the bwaahaha as much anymore.

JSA #7- Hate that Damage is gone as a character. I may be one of the few people that bought his run all those years back.

Latest Warlord...haven't read it yet.

Couple more but I can't remember what.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
Worlds Finest #201 I think it is. Supes and Hal team up in a contest rigged by Dr. Fate.

Booster Gold- 32 and 33. I'll give it one more issue. Art is great, story...eh. I'm not into the bwaahaha as much anymore.

JSA #7- Hate that Damage is gone as a character. I may be one of the few people that bought his run all those years back.

Well in all fairness I was four years old when Damage's book came out...

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Do'h! Secret Six #22 I think it is. Catman goes Ape, Man!

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:

Well in all fairness I was four years old when Damage's book came out...
Thats no excuse. Legion world rents time travel machine's at one family member and one precious memory a pop.

--------------------

Something pithy!

Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, I haven't thought about Damage in years. It was never my favourite book, but I liked it.

quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
Secret Six #22 (Thank you, Gail Simone, for having a soul)

It was a very good ending I thought as well. Not "nice", but fitting.
ARGH!! So frustrating! I want to know more, but I haven't even got Villains United yet. The preview for this issue really got my attention and I just reread the BoP/SS crossover, and I want more! Hopefully I'll have the TPBs in hand by Friday.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

This week:

Booster #33
Jonah Hex 56 (first issue I've ever bought--couldn't resist the Cooke cover!)
Chew 11
JL: Gen Lost 3
Punisher Max 8
Prince of Power 2
SHIELD 2
Warlord 15 (*sob* one more issue [Frown] but YAY, Grell is back on art! [Smile] )
Secret Six 22
Doom Patrol 11
Batgirl 11

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

^You're hooked on Cooke! [Yes]

[ June 09, 2010, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Yeesh, dude! What gave it away? [Razz]

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Picked up Justice League Generation Lost 2 and 4 earlier this week.

Picked up:

Legacies #2 - Great art, and a good story in the forst one, with some great looking stuff coming, I'm on board for the long haul with this one.
The Walking Dead #73 - Cannot wait too read it.
and...

Darkwing Duck #1 - Let's get dangerous!

I opted against Brightest Day #4 for now...not sure on this one...

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Joker's Asylum: Harley Quinn and Mad Hatter
Darkwing Duck #1
Legacies #2
Spirit #3
Tiny Titans #29
Fables #96
Grimm Fairy Tales #48
Neverland #3

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  37  38  39   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.