Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » So...what did ya get this week? (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  37  38  39   
Author Topic: So...what did ya get this week?
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:

I opted against Brightest Day #4 for now...not sure on this one...

I looked through it. Another comic that has a cover which has nothing to do with the story in it.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
This week's haul will be:

Brightest Day #4
DC Universe Legacies #2
Fables #96
Hellblazer #268
R.E.B.E.L.S. #17
Spirit #3
Lone Ranger #22
Atlas #2
Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe A To Z Update #2

It's also Free RPG day at my shop.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
There is a Darkwing Duck thread in Gym'lls already--hope you guys give a review when you read it!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I will...
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh yeah, the kids got...

Han:
Betty and Veronice summer special issue.
The Brave and the bold

Jon:
Cars #1

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
^Dev, would love to hear your thoughts on the comics your kids read (if you ever read them too), even if its in the Random Comic Review thread. Eventually I'll be buying comics for my little guy, so always cool to know recommendations even if I won't get around to them in a few years time.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Wow...what didn't I buy this week, I came into a little extra cash so thought I'd try some stuff out...not all releasedtoday though:

Legion of Super Heroes #2 - Superboy cover...all they had left, for only 2 bucks more.

Superman/Batman #73 - It's Paul, so I'll support it.
Brightesat Day #4 - Last chance for this one.

Justice League: Generation Lost #4 - I've really enjoyed this so far.

GL Corps # 49 - I'm liking all things Green nowadays.

Zatanna #2 - So far, so good.

Superman #700 - What the hell.

You'll denote the trend in a second with these...I want to see if any of them grab my attention:

The Avengers #1
Secret Avengers #1
The New Avengers #1
Avengers Academy #1
Thunderbolts #144 (to be honest, I want this one to grab me...I used to love this book.)

Review are coming as I can get to them.

[ June 23, 2010, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: Dev Em ]

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
All I bought today was Supergirl #53, American Vampire, and Joe the Barbarian. Supergirl because it's the last issue my friend is coloring, and the other two because I consider Vertigo separate from DC.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Bigger week than recent ones...

LSH 2 ***
GLC 49
JL: Gen Lost 4
Superman 700
Thanos Imperative 1 (prior release I missed, back in stock)
Return of Bruce Wayne 3
Incorruptible 7
Supes/Bats 73
Fantastic Four 580
Zatanna 2
Supergirl 53
American Vampire 4

Thought I'd get Green Arrow 1 to try it out. Thumbed thru it, got the "meh" vibe & put it back on the shelf.

[ June 23, 2010, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: Chief Taylor ]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
***By the way anyone who knows my "always behind" reading habits and is curious about the timely reviews of LSH comics: I'm making an exception and reading LSH and Adventure as they come out, so I'm not perpetually out of the loop and behind the conversation on my favorite internet hangout! I used to follow my "in the order I bought 'em" reading rule almost to the letter, even with Legion comics, but Levitz's return and my LW comraderie have punched a hole in my OCD...somewhat. [Smile]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
This week:

Mouse Guard Legends Of The Guard #2
Incorruptible #7
Authority The Lost Year #9
Batman Streets Of Gotham #13
Batman The Return Of Bruce Wayne #3
Detective Comics #866
Joe The Barbarian #6
Legion Of Super-Heroes #2
Power Girl #13
Superman #700
Green Hornet #5

Maybe the Namora one-shot if it looks good.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
Legion of Super-Heroes #2
Fantastic Four #580
Heralds #4
Supergirl #53
Superman #700
American Vampire #4
Forgetless #5
Incorruptible #7
We Will Bury You #4

From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I finally got a big backlog of books mailed out to me, since I've been tied up (or tied down? and it's the dreadfully dull type of tied down) and not able to get to the store. So that's two months worth of...

Legion of Super Heroes
Adventure
Fables
Doom Patrol
The Unwritten
Sam & Twitch
The Great Unknown
Guardians of the Galaxy
R.E.B.E.L.S.
S.H.I.E.L.D. (man, I hate these dot titles)
Brave & Bold
Mouse Guard & Legends of the Guards
The Amory Wars

and some GNs/TPBs...
20th Century Boys
Pluto v.2
Moving Pictures
Days Missing v.1
Greendale
Prince Valiant v.1
The Prince Valiant Companion
Hal Foster biography (definitely on a Hal Foster kick here)

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
LSH #2
Zatanna #2
Ultimate Avengers 2 #4
X-Men Legacy Chapter 12
Avengers #2!

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
LSH #2 & Marvel Heralds #2

(I'm trying to buy one from each company each time to keep the universe in balance. [Big Grin] )

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  37  38  39   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.