Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » So...what did ya get this week? (Page 20)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  37  38  39   
Author Topic: So...what did ya get this week?
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Nothin'. The car needed gas.

[sulk]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
Action Comics Annual
Adventure Comics
iZombie
American Vampire
Heroes for Hire
Marineman
Supergod

From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Btw, anyone picking up Marineman #1 by Image? It got 4.5 out 5 stars at CBR and actually looks really groovy from the articles I've seen on it.

I did and found it to be surprising amount of fun
From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Got Adventure 521 and Avengers: Children's Crusade 3 (again, by accident. Grr.).

Funnest new title I've seen is Dead Avengers 1. That version of Yellowjacket is a favorite character, and I also liked the Swordsman and Doctor Druid (apparently making me the only one, in the latter case! Even his fellow heroes can't stand him!). I know bupkiss about this Warcry person, but she's so '90s that it hurts. She's got Rob Liefield written all over her.

Gosh, I'd love to see a Legion of the Dead mini-series, with Lyle, Condo, a couple of Lu, Val, Andrew, and some surprise guest-stars, like Mentalla and Kid Psycho, in some adventure on the other side of the veil (not as zombies or black lanterns or anything gross, as themselves, just having some post-mortem heroic adventures)...

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
^ With the amount of great "dead" DCU heroes I've been thinking for a long time that it would be cool to see some good writer give them all an adventure beyond the veil.

Geoff Johns kind of did it in that so-so Day of Judgment mini of a few years ago but the dead characters there (Jason Todd, Vigilante [Adrian Chase] - some others I'm forgetting) really took a back-seat to the Phantom Stranger and Hal Jordan and whoever else the living characters in that storyline were.

So the plot idea is still wide open for some good writer to pick it up and run with it.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by stuorstew:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Btw, anyone picking up Marineman #1 by Image? It got 4.5 out 5 stars at CBR and actually looks really groovy from the articles I've seen on it.

I did and found it to be surprising amount of fun
Cool! Start a new thread and review! I'm really interested in hearing your thoughts (and Supergod too, which I don't think I've heard of until now). Each week, you always collect a nice mix of titles.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I heard good things about Marineman, too.

In addition to the weekly stuff (DP, Adventure) I picked up Volumes 1, 2 & 3 of Unknown Soldier and Air. My Xmas present to myself, so I'll wait until the end of the month to read them.

Also got the Amory Wars: Second Stage HC. Started it, lots of variety in the art from chapter to chapter, l like the concept but will wait until I finish it to review.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
How good could Marineman be? I mean written and drawn by Ian Churchill? [Confused]

What's next? A critically-acclaimed Liefeld-produced book?!?! (That Alan Moore Supreme stuff don't count!)

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I bought it.

This and last week.

Tiny Titans/Little Archie #3
Ozma of Oz #2
Generation Hope #2
Welcome to Tranquility: One Foot In The Grave #6
Fables #100
Doom Patrol #17
First Wave #5
Freedom Fighters #4
Project Superpowers X-Mas Carol
Superboy #2
Marineman #2
Batman: Orphans #1
DC Universe Holiday Special 2010
Knight and Squire #3
Victorian Undead Special: Sherlock Holmes Vs Jekyll/Hyde (gift for dad)
Batman 80-Page Giant 2010
Grimm Fairy Tales #52

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Lessee...no comics, but I bought Zombieland for myself, and The Square Pegs Series DVD for my wife.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
This week was expensive at 50 dollars.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

This weeks I have bought:

Supergirl #59
Superman #706
Unwritten #20
John Byrnes Next Men #1
Magus #1
Atomic Robo: Deadly Art of Science #2
META 4 #4

Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Just "Batman & Robin" this week (and some Heroclix)
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
These are really last week's purchases, but I was too busy to post about 'em:

Marvel Strange Tales #2 - (The giggly Eighties/Nineties fangirl in me couldn't resist the allure of both Hernandez Bros. drawing Marvel characters in one book. Eeeeee!!)

Adventure Comics #520 & #521

From the five-buck bargain table:

The All-New Atom: Future/Past TPB - A mixed bag all around, but still... what a waste that DC killed off such a potentially awesome character just so they could have back some Silver Age dude that I never warmed to when he was around the first time. Meh.

Tree of Love, Vol III - Patrick Atangan adapts Asian folktales into comic book form, using traditional art styles. I may have to write a review up of this one when I have time.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

I can't remember last week, but this week...

Green Lantern: Larfleeze Christmas Special (I AM MAKING THOSE COOKIES)
Grimm Fairy Tales 2010 Holiday Special
Zatanna #8
Legion #8
Green Lantern Corps #55
Superior #3
American Vampire #10
Superman/Batman #79
Batman Inc. #2
Grimm Fairy Tales #54

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  37  38  39   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.