Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » So...what did ya get this week? (Page 19)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  37  38  39   
Author Topic: So...what did ya get this week?
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe I'll get something this week.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Not if you remember to wash your hands frequently, just like the signs tell you to.

[Poke Joke]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
You'd actually want me to review something?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
Not if you remember to wash your hands frequently, just like the signs tell you to.

[Poke Joke]

[ROTFLMAO]
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
You'd actually want me to review something?

Absolutely! Reading comic book reviews is my #1 favorite thing to do on Legion World! Especially new series!

Also, did anyone pick up the Liberty Annual by the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund? I grabbed the latest issue...I sometimes buy this and sometimes do not depending on how strapped I am for cash each year. Naturally, I'm a big believer in the CBLDF and want to support it.

The best part of the issue was the 2-page story featuring Milk & Cheese, two hilarious and scrappy animated, well, Milk & Cheese, and their violent tendencies. It was by Evan Dorkin and Sarah Dyer, and it was perhaps the single funniest comic book sequence I've read all year and probably for the last several years. I laughed out loud the entire 2 pages. I'm wondering if there is more Milk & Cheese material out there, and if so, I must find it.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I got...

Vampirella #1
Batwoman #0
Avengers: The Children's Crusade #3
The Stand: Hardcases #5
New Mutants #19

I bought Chaos War: Alpha Flight after getting curious from reading a DA journal entry by the artist, Reilly Brown.

I bought Thunderstrike #1 solely out of curiosity, and enjoyed it.

Also, I picked up two old issues of Superman/Batman, 63 and 64.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Nothing this week, bought the wife The Expendables for her birthday instead.
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I went Weds and got:

NEW MUTANTS 19
JUSTICE SOCIETY 44 & 45
LSH 7
JL GENERATION LOST 12 13 14
MORNING GLORIES 4
THE WALKING DEAD 79

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Not a comic, but I got The Big Bang Theory Season 3.
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:

This was for her?!?! [Confused]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

quote:
Originally posted by Chief Lardy:
quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:

This was for her?!?! [Confused]
Yep. She loved the movie...so did I. She wanted to go see it for our anniversary, and we did. She wanted to buy it, so I got it for her for her Birthday.
Dev - Em
KIA

I bought...and remember that I am behind...

JL:GL #13
LSH #7
The Flash #6
TWD #79
Adventure Comics #520
Zatanna #6
I Zombie #6

I was also given a varient edition of Ozma of Oz #1 for Hannah (free even). Love my comic shop.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Trying HARD to resist making another In-Stock Trades order after just having done one two weeks ago because they've got a 50% SALE on trades from Dynamite! And the Marvel, Image & DC trades are still 38%! Must...resist...temptation...

(I know I come off as shilling for IST, but I know posters like Cobie and others have been putting off and putting off titles like The Boys, Battlefields and countless other excellent Dynamite books, so I had to post something...)

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
^always glad to hear about the new deals! I had no idea and thy might convince me to put an order in and spend some of my year end bonus money on myself.

Btw, anyone picking up Marineman #1 by Image? It got 4.5 out 5 stars at CBR and actually looks really groovy from the articles I've seen on it.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

^By the way, Cobie, when I bought the GDS hardcover a few weeks ago, I also picked up the Secret History Omnibus on your and FC's recommendation. Though I probably won't get to it for a good while, I thought you'd like to know!

--------------------

This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  37  38  39   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.