Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Random DCnU Revue (Page 20)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 24 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24   
Author Topic: Random DCnU Revue
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I hope this doesn't mean Guillem March is leaving Catwoman! I was just raving about how awesome his artwork is. I'm not all that interested in Talon, despite Snyder's involvement, though I am a fan of March.

Meanwhile, the Phantom Stranger thing is kind of outrageous. Dan Didio has used his powers as a high ranking executive in the company to ensure he is the writer on a series that appears critical to the overall story of the DCnU and the next big storyline / crossover. Meaning, its guaranteed a certain amount of sales; ipso facto, he's guaranteed a certain amount of royalties. This is a violation of one of the major principles of business and the kind of thing people lose their minds over when it happens at investment banks and insurance companies.

The Team Seven series is interesting enough that I'll sample it. Jordan is an unknown but that isn't good nor bad. His "Strange Talent of Luthor Strode" is almost universally praised and is on my list of trades to buy.

[ June 08, 2012, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Three launches in, there's one genre conspicuously missing from DC's admirable attempt to broaden the range of its offerings: Science Fiction/Space opera.

No, Legion doesn't count, they're still super-heroes.

No Adam Strange, Captain Comet, L.E.G.I.O.N./R.E.B.E.L.S, Omega Men, Tommy Tomorrow, Space Ranger...

Does DC the genre is just too dead? I think Marvel got some traction with the Annihilation stuff. Maybe they're taking cues from the creators, and none of them seem interested in exploring sci-fi characters?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, the Amethyst team certainly sounds promising. I wasn't a Jem fan growing up, but I did like some of the music. [Smile] I really like Aaron Lopresti's work, if he keeps it from being too cheesecakey.

I lament that it's an anthology, but that does open the door to Arion and Warlord in the future.

I like the mystics, so I'll probably at least try the first issue of "Phantom Stranger," despite Didio's involvement. But the others don't interest me in the least.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I was thinking the same thing about sci-fi, cmk. I was also thinking the Legion would be better off grouped with sci-fi titles than the "young heroes" genre they seem to want it to fit in.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
Well, the Amethyst team certainly sounds promising. I wasn't a Jem fan growing up, but I did like some of the music. [Smile] I really like Aaron Lopresti's work, if he keeps it from being too cheesecakey.

I lament that it's an anthology, but that does open the door to Arion and Warlord in the future.

I like the mystics, so I'll probably at least try the first issue of "Phantom Stranger," despite Didio's involvement. But the others don't interest me in the least.

The Misfits were better.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
Guys... Amethyst is going to be written by Christy Marx.

As in the woman who wrote and helped create Jem Christy Marx.

Cue obligatory "Amethyst is Truly Outrageous" joke.

OMG!!!!!!

Christy Marx is my HEROINE!! I wouldn't be writing if it weren't for her!!! Not so much because of Jem, although I did like that show, but because she wrote episodes of G.I. Joe and Spider-Man!!!!! Also what was in my opinion the ONLY good episode of Beast Wars, "Transmutate."

Damn you, DC! Just as I was comfortably settling into my hiatus from comics!

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Does anyone else wonder if there'll be any Legion references in Amethyst?

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
Does anyone else wonder if there'll be any Legion references in Amethyst?

Well, Gemworld was, IIRC*, the same world as Zerox (the Sorceror's World), wasn't it? And didn't a younger Mordru appear in the original series?

*I've never read a lick of Amethyst (except possibly a free insert preview DC ran in DCCP back in the day), so this is half-remembered stuff I mighta heard! [Embarrassed]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Yes, Zerox is Gemworld, and Mordru plays a big part. In TM (minus K), Mysa was channeling Amythest for awhile while battling Mordru during Legion of the Dead.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
So, the cancelled titles are JLI, Voodoo, Resurrection Man, and Captain Atom.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

It figures Resurrection Man gets axed.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

For the sake of coherency and being a rational adult, here's a DeviantArt journal entry explaining why I do not like Red Hood and the Outlaws.

http://judedeluca.deviantart.com/journal/Another-quot-why-I-hate-Outlaws-quot-entry-307459587

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
So, the cancelled titles are JLI, Voodoo, Resurrection Man, and Captain Atom.

Four titles I was buying, too. [Frown] Guess that $12 a month will have to go toward paying off the new lawnmower I just bought. [Cool]

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

No surprise on the new three cancelled series. The only real surprise is DC is intent to sticking with 52 ongoing series.
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
A little peek behind the scenes:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/06/24/george-perez-talking-about-being-rewritten-at-dc-comics/

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 24 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.