Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Your latest favorite song (Page 25)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...  51  52  53   
Author Topic: Your latest favorite song
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
Modest Mouse... "Dashboard"??? (the new one)
Just Jack: Stars in Their Eyes

Shout out to Monkey Eater Lad's Fratellis & Reginas Spektor nods.

And although it's been out for quite some time, I just keep on lovin' My Chemical Romance's Welcome to the Black Parade and album track "Mama" (which features an unlikely cameo by Liza Minnelli).

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I've enjoyed the whole Welcome to the Black Parade album. And when I found out that Gerard Way was once an intern for DC and is doing a mini for Dark Horse called The Umbrella Academy I think I've even liked it a bit more.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't know that! Cool info from the words of LL, as always...

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I've enjoyed the whole Welcome to the Black Parade album. And when I found out that Gerard Way was once an intern for DC and is doing a mini for Dark Horse called The Umbrella Academy I think I've even liked it a bit more.

Can you id Liza Minelli's contribution to the cd? [Wink]
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Anybody catching the buzz on Mika from the UK? I haven't decided how much I like his stuff yet (a little Scissor Sisters, a pinch of Adam Levine, a sprinkling of Freddie Mercury) but it's sure catchy. "Love Today" is growing on me the few times I've played it.

Oh and I'm loving Bloc Party's two new singles (one was released in the US, one in the UK) "Prayer" and "I Still Remember".

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I tried to hate it! I refused to listen to it!

But FERGALICIOUS by Fergie has won me over!

Also:

SAY IT RIGHT.... Nelly Furtado

IT ENDS TONIGHT... All-American Rejects

And, months after its release...

STARS ARE BLIND... Paris Hilton

So it's fun, sue me.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
"Independence Day" by The Comsat Angels.

Not even remotely new, but a recent discovery.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
INTO THE OCEAN by Blue October. Stoopid VH1 Top 20 only showed a little clip of it, but I caught the whole video earlier.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey Eater Lad:
Anybody catching the buzz on Mika from the UK? I haven't decided how much I like his stuff yet (a little Scissor Sisters, a pinch of Adam Levine, a sprinkling of Freddie Mercury) but it's sure catchy. "Love Today" is growing on me the few times I've played it.

His "Grace Kelly" song has had a little airplay here. I like it, and he even mentions being a little Freddie Mercury.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Lithium - Evanescence
Paralyzer - Finger Eleven
Starlight - Muse
Pain - Three Days Grace
Ladies & Gentlemen - Saliva
Skin and Bones - Foo Fighters

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad Tamper Lad has just turned 42
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
[ROTFLMAO] - Three Days Grace.

I know them from highschool. The singer's the same age as my brother. I knew they'd made it big but it wasn't until I got a new Walkman cell-phone and it had one of their songs on it that I realized how big.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uranus Lad
substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Uranus Lad   Email Uranus Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Favorite song. That's a tough one... I'd have to say Elliot Smith's Coast to Coast is in heavy rotation lately. I've never really focused too heavily on one song but I don't listen to radio too often since for some inexplicable reason Portland has no good radio stations The one college station is on AM and you can only get it within a mile of campus. There are a few albums I'm really digging right now the Band of Horses-Everything All the Time, Animal Collective- Sung Tongs and M. Ward-End of Amnesia. All worh multiple listenings.

--------------------
Is that a moon?

From: Portland, OR | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

This one just shot to the top of my list.

Freak On A Leash - Korn Unplugged with Amy Lee from Evanescence

I still love me some Amy Lee!

Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Amy Winehouse is really groovin' me right now! Her songs have a Motown feel but she talks about pot and rehab and other naughtiness. I got the new Bloc Party CD in Japan and have been spinning it lots. It's different from their last one but I'm not sure how exactly yet.
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Discotech -Young Love
Here it goes again - ok go

Love me some Young Love 'Too Young to Fight It'

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...  51  52  53   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.