Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Your latest favorite song (Page 27)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...  51  52  53   
Author Topic: Your latest favorite song
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Killers...awesome!!!

I'm currently digging the awesomeness on Amon Amarth's Pursuit of Vikings
Viking Metal at its finest...As an aside I'm currently downloading Amon Amath's new album With Oden on Our Side

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Just some recent favs in heavy rotation on my iPod.

Survivalism - NiN (gotta love me some Trent)
Chameleon Boy - Blue October (I'm really loving this group and this is one of their best songs)
Sweet Sacriface - Evanescence (ahh, Amy!)
10,000 Fists - Disturbed (makes me think of the Legion, fists pumped in the air)
Dashboard - Modest Mouse (adding Johnny Marr from the Smiths to the lineup was a genius move)
It's Not Over - Daughtry (the one truly good artist to have come from AI)
Operation: Mindcrime - Queensrÿche (a classic)
Battle Without Honor or Humanity - Tomoyasu Hotei (watching Kill Bill in HD recently got me back into the soundtrack again)
Karmacode (full album) - Lacuna Coil (like Amy but with a hard edge. Cristina Scabbie is a hottie!)

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sweet Sacrifice is a current fave, it's getting some major airplay here.

Heard the World by O.A.R.

Baby, It's Cold Outside by Hoagie Carmichael

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
My band of the moment is 30 Seconds to Mars. The eldest daughter came up and said, 'This guy's hot!' and I ended up liking the music, despite this ringing endorsement.

And from the looks of it, I like everything on Lightning Lad's list, except for not knowing who this Daughtry person is. Looks like I'll have to check it out...

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Daughtry is Chris Daughtry who was on last year's American Idol. Went out in fourth place I think. But his style of music is much more along my lines than anything else produced by AI. I do recommend the first album.

30 Seconds to Mars is pretty good to. Probably one of the best actor turned lead singers in Jared Leto.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Speaking of actor/singers- I've got a copy of 30 Odd Foot of Grunts the other day (Russel Crowe's old band.) It's not bad, some rocking tunes, a few ponderous ones, and even a couple of techno fusion blends.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
One of these days soon I'm going to have to have Scott and CJ write me a playlist of songs that I can download and listen to. I'm so behind on newer music. Is that above Modest Mouse song a newer one Scott?
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Brand new Cobie. First release of their new album. Write up a list and I'll send you a CD. In fact, I think we have a package about ready for you anyway. [Smile]

Oh, and tell me if you want a MP3 CD or regular. You'll get more bang out of a MP3 one but don't know if your various stereos or whatever can play one.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Kewl! [Big Grin] You always have the best packages for me!

(No comments Pov!)

I'm thinking at least all the songs you put above, and something by Gerard Leto's new band. I haven't even checked his group out yet. I'll go back through this thread and get some more...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

The Fratellis - "Flathead"

Good Charlotte - "The River"

Edited to add:

Fallout Boy - "Thnks Fr The Mmrs" (Now vowel free!!!)

And thanks LL for the assist.

[ April 16, 2007, 12:40 AM: Message edited by: CJ Taylor ]

knowjack
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knowjack           Edit/Delete Post     
My latest favorite song is actually from 1969, but I just recently discovered it on satellite radio--"Nothing But a Heartache" by The Flirtations.

They were a girl group in the 60's, in the Supremes vein, but didn't find much success until the moved over to the United Kingdom.

This song was their only hit in the U.S., peaking at #34. Check out this video on youtube--it's absolutely fab!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39SjyMvBbk4

From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Lots of newish good songs!
Joseph Arthur & The Lonely Astronauts - Diamond Ring
Björk - Earth Intruders
Rhianna - Umbrella
Mika - Satellite (Dave Matthews Band Cover)
Honeycut - Shadows

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
There Goes My Outfit" by The Dears.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
GIVE IT TO ME by Timbaland featuring Nelly Furtado & Justin Timberlake. HOT!!

Also, DON'T MATTER by Akon and GLAMOROUS by Fergie (sorry, Stealth!).

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knowjack
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knowjack           Edit/Delete Post     
Got the Amy Winehouse CD yesterday. NICE!

Also got the new CD by Mika --his single is "Grace Kelly"--he's kinda like a combo of Rufus Wainwright and Freddy Mercury and Scissor Sisters.

From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...  51  52  53   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.