Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » TRUE BLOOD (Page 15)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: TRUE BLOOD
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
Amazing episode! However, the choriographers and the lighting technicians (while deserving of an award for their expertise) should be fired! They totally worked that scene with Alcide so that nothing actually showed even though by rights it should have been a 'full frontal' when he got into bed.
From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I love Marnie/Antonia but now we're going to have to turn on her... I hope she survives this though, brcause I really like her.

Great season...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Click Here For A Spoiler Oh, Jessica with a rocket launcher. Could I love her more?
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
LOL. Yeah. She looks amazing. That closing scene and the previews launched the series to whole new level. Vampires with hardcore modern weapons, fangs bared, and TONS of attitude. This is fun stuff.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Wow. Television doesn't get much more intense than this. They're racking up a pretty high body count this season and it doesn't look like it is over yet.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I love the attitudes of Jessica and Pam more with each episode, it seems.

Everybody else - "Mopey mopey mope." Soulful tortured look. Direly predict everything will be horrible if we don't stop it, and then do nothing to stop it!

Jessica and Pam - "**** it! Let's kill something!"

Scared-of-everything Lafayette needs to go away and be replaced by spit and vinegar Lafayette who would leap over the counter and pick fight (and *win* a fight) with three good ol' boys if they sassed him. The new Lafayette spends too much time cringing and waiting for Jesus to explain stuff / do something.

I wonder if the spell on Pam broke along with various other spells? It kinda makes sense that it would have...

gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, Pam and Jessica had the best ideas amoungst the Vampires for how to deal with the situation. However, the (more or less) human really saved the day. And, am I the only one that thinks the "What would Jesus do?" query was given a whole new twist by this episode?
From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

quote:
Originally posted by Iam Legion: And, am I the only one that thinks the "What would Jesus do?" query was given a whole new twist by this episode?
Having a character named Jesus who may or may not get his power from a demon is certainly an interesting design choice.

Introduced as a caregiver, all in white, having devoted his life to helping others, and suffering some slings & arrows along the way (Lafayette's mother's nasty comments). He's all head-explode-y with the subverting of stereotypes, stacked one atop the other, and then, oh yeah, a gay brown immigrant witch.

I'm the non-conservative sort of Christian, so I think it's just 'shooting for controversy / subverting stereotypes' character design, but I could see the character feeling like a deliberate poke in the eye to the sorts of folk who probably don't watch True Blood anyway.

(So, in that sense, it's kind of like picking on Amish people on the internet. The only way they'd know about it is if they were doing something they shouldn't have been doing...)

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

NO ATTEMPT TO HIDE SPOILERS.... BE WARNED.

Just caught the season finale and before that the last 2 weeks' worth of episodes.

A wonderful season overall.

I'm going to miss some of the people who will now no longer be around. I'll miss Tommy's redneck swagger and Jesus' overall cuteness.

I really really liked Marnie, I think her feelings of revenge were relateable, she made a good adversary; and I even liked the resolution to her saga. I broke up when Gran reappeared.

Holly has turned out to be something special! I'm glad not all of the more-recently intro'd folks are being offed thiss season.

What's up with Terry's friend? Odd. I doubt Rene can be trusted any more than anyone else though, the old-lady killing bastard.

I figured Sookie was going to end it with both of her vampers. We'll see how long that lasts.

I'll rather miss Nan... but good riddance to that slutbag Debbie Pelt. Sookie should have shot her waaaay back when she broke into her house the first time.

Andy and the fairy? Whatevs.

A really good time overall... season 4 has been a thrillride. And now the 9 month wait for season 5. *rolls eyes* At least it's only 5 weeks 'til THE WALKING DEAD season 2...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Jerry
active

Strange episode.

Last week really felt like the finale. This just felt like a series of disjointed epilogues. Very sad to see Jesus gone.

There were some snappy lines, and the cliffhanger was intense. Kind of frustrating, though, given the long hiatus between seasons.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

gone
gone

THIS is soooooooo wrong (they shouldn't be parodying something a child shouldn't be familiar with in the first place). But sooooooooooo funny.
Jerry
active

Very funny.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Got NETFLIX? need a vampire/werewolf/witch fix?

try the TV series THE GATES... I just watched the first ep (there's 13) and it was pretty good.

Imagine someone threw DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, TRUE BLOOD and some mystery/cop show in a blender and there you have it.

First ep is chock-full of british vamps, sexy witches, hot teen werewolf boys and such!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

^IGNORE THE ABOVE ADVICE.

yeah, THE GATES was great, but it ran like 12 episodes and then was cancelled-- ON A MAMMOTH CLIFFHANGER. *EXTREMELY* annoying. I think Netflix should be forced to discolose info like that.

So, are we all in agreement that TRUE BLOOD is off to a good start and that Andy Bellfleur's nude body is almost shockingly not that bad, in fact pretty good-ish???

Although I had to just SHAKE MY HEAD IN DISGUST as ONCE AGAIN, Gram's house GOT TRASHED. *weary sigh*

Geek Bonus: BARB from Cougar Town on the Authority??? TITS!!!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

GASP! This thread is chock-full of un-POOFed "gone" posts!

--------------------

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.