Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » TRUE BLOOD (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: TRUE BLOOD
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Big downside-- the mystery resolution wasn't exactly the greatest.
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saturn Girl
Always Leave Them Spellbound

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saturn Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
During the series I have re-read all nine Charlene Harris books. I can tell you that the first book ends with the resolution of the killer's identity and the second book opens up with the discovery of Lafayette's body in Detective Bellefleur's patrol car. So they are going to start up the second season on the second book. I am so absolutely in love with this series!!!!! Yet it is taking liberties with the book, changing things around and adding things probably for the sake of television. But it is staying close enough to follow.

Secret guilty pleasure, imagining Sookie and Tara together.............

From: Utah (non-Mormon!!!) | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't seen this yet (no HBO), but hope to see it on DVD at some point.

It seems that many series based on books take some liberties. They use the books as a starting point, and then modify as needed. The Blood Ties series was like that.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
THE LABRADORIAN
THE LEGIONS' GREATEST HERO

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LABRADORIAN           Edit/Delete Post     
i love this show, however this thread doesnt say spoilers, now i understand the show is over and now people are talking about it, my fault if i see something i dont want to know about. But PLEASE dont discuss the books, i know that was lafayettees body in the car but i was holding out hope it wasnt, but thanks to someone who read the books i now know its him.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
THE LABRADORIAN

and how the hell did tara find out Sookie was attacked if she was at ensign ro's house and the creepy man servant hid her phone? How the hell would she know about it?
Saturn Girl

Just a note to hardcore True Blood fans..... I just found out that the 'behind the scenes,' the 'making of,' and the 14 different three minute interviews with various cast members will only be available until December 21st. This is the stuff mentioned at the beginning of the season and in the first couple episodes. Online at the HBO website.

Gee Labradorian, sorry about spoiling your day. But, um, on whom else in Bon Temps would you find long, shapley, well manicured, fire engine red polished toes on an African American male? When they showed the painted toenails that was a total giveaway...... But okay, if I ever talk about the show again here I will play the spoilers alert card.

From: Utah (non-Mormon!!!) | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
THE LABRADORIAN

i know i know
but i was holding out hope!! lol
i liked Lafayette

THE LABRADORIAN

Has anyone been watching the second season of True Blood, its been totally fantastic, the first 3 episodes were verrrrrrrry good and left you eagerly awaiting the next episode. I wont get into what happened just yet for spoilers sake, but i have really enjoyed this season so far.
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree that the second season has been loads of fun- though it's already taking a break? I think and hope it's just for one week.

I know you hadn't read the novels during the first season, Labradorian. Have you since then?

I won't spoil anything, but I will say that the TV series and novels are now so different that one could discuss the events in one without necessarily spoiling the other.

Still a risk of spoilerage, I suppose, since you never know when elements from the books will be adapted whole cloth for the series.

They're like parallel universes, really.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
THE LABRADORIAN

quote:
Originally posted by Saturn Girl:

Gee Labradorian, sorry about spoiling your day. But, um, on whom else in Bon Temps would you find long, shapley, well manicured, fire engine red polished toes on an African American male? When they showed the painted toenails that was a total giveaway.

SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
Apparantly on someone else, and a woman at that!

[ June 30, 2009, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: THE LABRADORIAN ]

THE LABRADORIAN

quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
I agree that the second season has been loads of fun- though it's already taking a break? I think and hope it's just for one week.

I know you hadn't read the novels during the first season, Labradorian. Have you since then?

I won't spoil anything, but I will say that the TV series and novels are now so different that one could discuss the events in one without necessarily spoiling the other.
Still a risk of spoilerage, I suppose, since you never know when elements from the books will be adapted whole cloth for the series.

They're like parallel universes, really.

No i havent read the books, and yes i would agree that the tv series and novels are different which is understandable.
Spoiler
Spoiler'
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Seeing Lafayette locked up in the dungeon was a sigh of relief for me, i like his character and to throw that away after the first season would have been a waste. I loved the dungeon scenes, eric ripping apart one of the captives which was a crazy scene.
I wonder what the story with Daphne is, and what the hell was that thing that attacked sookie and apparantly at some point Daphne. I think the creature was Ensign Ro, cant remember her name at the moment

Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

They let him live????????? Yay! I was really disappointed when he was killed in the books, and I was hoping they'd make a change for the show. Hopefully they won't cut out the "gay" Eric in lycra scene, though. Eric's so much fun in the books.

I haven't seen any of the tv series yet. Is it out on dvd? I just ordered the newest book from the SFBC.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, the first season was recently released on DVD. The new season is a lot of fun. Eric is getting a bigger role.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Cool, thanks. [Smile]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saturn Girl

If any True Blood fans are over on Twitter, they have a fansite where a group of very talented people, writers, are roleplaying a constant soap opera as characters from True Blood. Check out the goings-on of the whole gang, it's very well done. Yours truly plays one of the regular cast, and life is always exciting in Bon Temps. Our biggest honor so far, aside from hundreds of thousands of Twitter followers, is that HBO thinks we are doing such a good job that they recommend us on their website for the show!
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.