Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » TRUE BLOOD (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: TRUE BLOOD
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
So I finally watched the rest of last night's episode.

SPOILERS APLENTY

Tara's experience with Franklin got rid of her death wish! However, she is still dreaming about him, so I am not sure exactly where that's leading. It was nice seeing her and Sam bond, however.

Jason is being a fool. There is something about Crystal that I cannot stand.

Russell and Debbie go after Sookie. Jessica, with her cute little wave, going after the vampire was adorable.

As far as Bill and Sookie at the end, bluh.

And poor Talbot had to pay for Russell's sins. But at least he got to spend some quality time with Eric before Eric staked him.

Arlene telling Sam not to sleep with the new waitress was priceless! And Arlene's vision of Rene' was suitably creepy.

[ August 09, 2010, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: Mattropolis ]

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
You have the Library of Vampire Congress in your house and I'm bored, take off your clothes is your best come-on? Werewolves could do better, Talbot. Werewolves.

Jessica and Bill: Wayne and Garth. Excellent. Next up: a Queen tape and Sookie's car, I'm sure.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, Talbot paid for his banality...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mattropolis:

My opinion of Crystal in the books was like hate, hate, ha- how could they do that! The show could go in an entirely different direction, though.

quote:

What is "bluh"? There's one Bill/Sookie scene from book 3 I'm waiting to see if they do, but I don't think it would get a "bluh".

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

quote:
Originally posted by Arachne:
quote:

My opinion of Crystal in the books was like hate, hate, ha- how could they do that! The show could go in an entirely different direction, though.

quote:

What is "bluh"? There's one Bill/Sookie scene from book 3 I'm waiting to see if they do, but I don't think it would get a "bluh".

They Click Here For A Spoilerhad what I can only describe as danger sex

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

quote:
:one Bill/Sookie scene from book 3 I'm waiting to see if they do...

Very vaguely book-spoilerish, but mostly a TV recap:

Click Here For A SpoilerHalfway. Sookie willingly gets into the back of Alcide's work truck with post-torture Bill. She cuts her wrist for him to drink because he is in such bad shape, and he winds up nearly draining her.

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

quote:
I wonder how close they're going to follow the plot of book four...

Here's info I've heard from various sources. I'll veil exact details. Some stuff will only be clear if you've read the books anyway. You've been warned!

Click Here For A Spoiler
The seven-letter word that starts with A has been mentioned (in the press, not in the show).

Hallow is being cast.

Holly debuted in the most recent episode.

As mentioned in this thread, Jason is getting entangled with Hotshot.

I believe I've heard that Alcide has been added to the regular cast.

THE LABRADORIAN
THE LEGIONS' GREATEST HERO

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LABRADORIAN           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:

quote:

I notice you said "books" when refering to your love/hate relationship with Crystal, is that to imply she will stick around, i know the show may do her differently but if she is a character that sticks around for a few seasons i kinda consider that a spoiler.
I know people want to compare the book, but come on, not all of us have read the books and i am just speaking for myself, i dont need to see comparisons between the books and the show...it leads to possible spoilers.
But thats me.

Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Thriftshop Debutante:
quote:
:one Bill/Sookie scene from book 3 I'm waiting to see if they do...

Very vaguely book-spoilerish, but mostly a TV recap:

Click Here For A SpoilerHalfway. Sookie willingly gets into the back of Alcide's work truck with post-torture Bill. She cuts her wrist for him to drink because he is in such bad shape, and he winds up nearly draining her.

Yeah, that sounds like the scene I'm thinking of, but they sure softened it.

--------------------

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

quote:
Originally posted by THE LABRADORIAN:
I notice you said "books" when refering to your love/hate relationship with Crystal, is that to imply she will stick around, i know the show may do her differently but if she is a character that sticks around for a few seasons i kinda consider that a spoiler.
I know people want to compare the book, but come on, not all of us have read the books and i am just speaking for myself, i dont need to see comparisons between the books and the show...it leads to possible spoilers.
But thats me.

LOL Love hate isn't how I'd describe it, but never mind. Sorry, for not putting in spoiler tags.

--------------------

THE LABRADORIAN
THE LEGIONS' GREATEST HERO

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LABRADORIAN           Edit/Delete Post     
true enough
it was like, hate, hate

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Well I thought it was just a kinda more laid back episode UNTIL THE LAST.

HOW ABOUT THAT $#!T?!?!? And Tiffany, I'm still waiting on that weather report.

Tommy, quit being a jerk.

I enjoyed seeing Sam kick ass.

Crystal is on my nerves. I'm officially over her and the Hotshot drama freakshow.

Tara's nemesis met his end in truly sensational fashion.

Awwww, Jess and Hoyt need to be together.

My initial reaction: I like Holly. I'll bet all you book-readers are snickering because she's probably Satan's mistress or soemthing.

I'll always like Arlene... she's like the only NORMAL person on the show.

AND DID I MENTION THE END YET?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Mattropolis

This show was amazing once again.

Tara kept her dignity even if she wasn't the one to defeat Franklin.

And Russell just blew me away.

Agree about Jess and Hoyt.

I also like Holly but like Lash, I have to wonder what her deal is.

And I am glad that someone else dislikes Crystal as much as I have.

Sam kicked ass.

And I agree about Arlene. The same could be said about Terry!

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Sizzling episode.

Tommy is taking over as the series bad boy in a big way.

Great scenes with Jesus, Lafayette and his mother.

Hadley's son is new twist.

Thumbs up for Jessica and Hoyt. Hopefully a reunion is on the way.

I'm not getting all the dislike for Crystal. I like the character and the actress reminds me of a young Jodie Foster.

Jason with wooden bullets.

The ending was totally over the top and riveting. This series has had some great performances by the actors playing the villains. Russell's televised rant was powerful television. Go HBO.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Re Crystal:

I find the character to be trashy. And not in an endearing way.

I find the actress is not very strong and barely able to pull it off.

But if you enjoy her, more power to you. I just think Jason could and should do better.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.