Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » TRUE BLOOD (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: TRUE BLOOD
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Some mysterious hidden powers hinted at last season.... Stay tuned.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Wonder if Jason shared them?

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, Crystal's quite a fox, isn't she?

About Sookie's powers- I kind of hope they deviate from their origins in the book, or that they take a weirder turn, since that was a bit of plotting that marked a decrease in my overall enjoyment of the series. Some fun characters do make their way onto the Bon Temps scene due to them, however.

I kind of hope Tara *does* become a vamp, but I don't think she will.

I think the King of Mississippi is hilarious, myself. The Nazi werewolves are like something out of Captain America story.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
See I don't think Crystal is interesting or very attractive.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Mystery Lad is sly!

Sookie's powers... I was also wondering if that could possibly be <SEMI-SPOILER INFO FROM BOOKS FOLLOWS>

Click Here For A SpoilerClaudine-aided? Or, less likely but perhaps even better considering the company, Claude?

Pam wears sunglasses on her head because she's hilarious. But why was Russell wearing sunglasses (on his face) at Lou Pine's?

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Very gory and gruesome episode. This one had me on the edge of my seat...

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

A few things: Some spoilers follow

Lorena torturing Bill. The cat and mouse game these two play takes a most... gruesome turn. I don't really care what happens to Bill, but the torture he suffered was horrendous.

Jason - he's not very interesting this season. I wish that there was more to his story than a girl that can't act and wanting to be a cop.

Tara - WOW! If Jason has lost something this season, Tara has made up for it in spades! Her rescue of Sookie was amazing to behold. The character has come full circle and I hope the trend continues.

Lafayette - He finally gets a man. And then loses him. His career choices have seemingly cost him his shot at happiness. Is Jesus really through with him? I hope not.

Sam and his brother - Finally, the story takes an interesting turn and we find out what's really going on with them.

Sookie also continues her trend of being stronger than in the past. She helps Tara during the rescue and finda Bill. And Lorena. Let's just say Sookie doesn't fare well in their encounter.

Jessica continues to toy with her vampire powers. She seems to revel in them, so I wonder where that will lead?

Eric spends most of the episode dealing with the vampire king and his consort. And then he has an interesting encounter with the Queen, at the Mississippi King's behest.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Just watched last night's episode ON DEMAND.

Thought it continued the uphill trend for this season, good stuff.

LOVED Tara kickin' ass and not bothering to take names.

I hope Arlene and Jessica become friends... Arlene got all my laughs this episode.

Tommy is a DOGFIGHTER??? You're telling me that's the ONLY WAY they could think of to use their shifting to make money??? For that matter, get a job at Wal-Mart. Dumbasses. I officially hate Sam's family (but there may yet be hope for Tommy).

Can't wait for the Mississippi King to get his come-uppance. Eric is playing him like a fiddle.

LOVED the opening when Bill killed the vampire guard and ALMOST got the King himself.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

WHOA-- these past 3 weeks have been GOLDEN for TRUE BLOOD!!!

TONIGHT WAS AWESOME!!!

I wholeheartedly approve of the three cuts to the cast made tonight!!!! I wish Alcide had made a 4th cut and Sam had made a 5th and 6th though...

I wholeheartedly approve of Tara's return to kickassery!

I missed Arlene and Jessica, but Hoyt and Jason goofing off shirtless almost made up for it...

SOOOOOOO much better than season 2!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Jerry
active

Three villains eliminated in one episode. That's moving things forward. Lorena was a great villain and it was nice that they did the little "best of" clips after the credits.

Tara is back to full strength. It was nice to see Tara, Jason, and Lafayette together at the hospital, kind of taking the series back to its roots.

And hooray, Pam gets saved. How did you know I was a Tiffany's girl?

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I do not like Russell at all but I ***LOVE*** how he is kicking ASS. I knew a certain someone was going to be toast... love it.

--------------------

Mattropolis

OMG WOW!

Sookie's little hallucination was interesting. I wonder if she will begin to shift her feeling away from Bill now. Especially with Alcide and Eric both waiting in the wings.

The three deaths tonight were all welcomed and will help thin the cast out for the rest of the season.

Pam! the Queen! Both had great lines!

I also don't care for Russell, but at least he takes no prisoners.

Loved Tara, Jason and LaFayette together and Jason reluctantly agreeing to let Bill help.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm fine with the show diverging from the books...it keeps you guessing, for one thing. This portrayal of Claudine, however, is very disappointing to me. I was looking forward to the lively, fun-loving, works-at-Dillard's lass (who also kicks some ass), not the boringly ethereal hippie-dippie chick who lives in Cornyland. (Gawd, I hate to think what they'd do now with Claude.) And that whole "steal your light" thing makes me think of that Friends episode where the girls are all reading that self-help book about people "stealing your wind". (And the cave on Lost. Oy.)
Mattropolis

Since I haven't heard the books, I can't compare.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Me either, but Sooks may yet encounter the Claudine you like, Teeds...

--------------------

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.