Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » COMMUNITY in its own thread at last! (Page 18)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22   
Author Topic: COMMUNITY in its own thread at last!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
YAY!!!! Can't wait to hear your comments.

re: Thursday's episode, of course I loved it but while sitting there watching, I thought to myself: 'People who don't already love this show would NEVER be into this episode...'

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Agreed... not exactly a good intro episode, but pretty sprockin' cool nonetheless...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
"Those aren't thumbs..."
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

First few episodes were a mixed bag. I didn't like the Abed as Jesus episode, which to me had the most potential and just fell a little flat. Pierce's dead Mom and Jeff's law School buddy episodes weren't up to snuff for me. I really liked the KFC/Space episode with the new school flag. The Zombie episode was fun, but seemed like there was a lot of potential they missed (though my wife laughed out loud when Chang threw the skate and got Annie bit). Betty White made and otherwise forgettable first episode (and the Troy/Abed/Betty rap was great).
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow... I thought Season 2 was very very strong from the get-go and am surprised to hear some of these criticisms, especially the missed potential of the zombie episode? I found that to be 21 minutes of complete zombie/viral plague comedy genius...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by KidChaos:
Tonight looks like it will be a must-see episode.

OnDemand describes it as:

'Annie and Abed spend some quality time together in the Dreamatorium for a stimulation of "Inspector Spacetime". The exercise takes a turn toward the serious, however, with examination and insight into Abed's personality.'

"Jeff" as the sexxxeeee TV doctor? Priceless.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Started into Disc Two and the things are starting to click again. The pen episode was great for a "Bottle" episode, and the Trampoline/Bitches episode was pure awesome. We had to pause to see all of Abed's Robocop readouts. The Conspiracy/Blanket Fort episode was also really funny, especially the endless shootings, which could have been annoying, but they played it extremely well. We both think that Annie's comedic timing and play have been really strong this season.
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

So I'm thinking to myself, "Why the heck would they cast Malcolm Jamal Warner as Shirley's husband? He's way too young." Then I realised, no, no he's not, I've just gotten very old.
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Law & Order spoof!

8 minutes in and this might be the single best episode of the series so far. Oh my God it is so spot on. [LOL]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
This episode is sprockin' brilliant!!!

--------------------

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
The subtle bits are so good! Troy & Abed's strut;
Annie & Jeff eating Chinese food; Neal stacking files while talking with his back turned. Perfect parody so far!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Now that was an amazing episode... pitch perfect... including the ending...

--------------------

KidChaos
Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KidChaos   Email KidChaos         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, I never realized how formulaic Law and Order was...

A brilliant parody! But where's Chevy?

--------------------
"are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over- an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist."

-Tobias Funke

From: MI | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Completely brilliant!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KidChaos
Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KidChaos   Email KidChaos         Edit/Delete Post     
Donald Glover is on the live 30 Rock episode! Hillarious!

--------------------
"are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over- an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist."

-Tobias Funke

From: MI | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.