Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Things you are supposed to hate... but secretly like! (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Things you are supposed to hate... but secretly like!
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Heh. I'll generally let about two months worth of comics pile up, then I'll go and get some bags from my lcs. Then, after bagging I'll put them in order in series and store them in a steamer trunk I use for that. Then, as each series reaches a twenty five issue milestone, I'll place those in a box and store them.

Right now, amoung trying to make the house payments and get a newer vehicle to drive for work, I'm also saving a little bit when I can in order to build a small outbuilding for myself. It will be mostly storage, for things like yard tools, etc... but one side will be for my extensive comics collection. Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to figure out a good way to build it to protect my collection from rats, which really like wood or paper to build nests in. I live in a rural area and the pests always look for something like that to winter in. I'm actually looking into metal file cabinets, I know where to get some good used ones.

Not only that, but at some point, I'm gonna start cataloging my collection as well.

And my wife thinks she's the organized one.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Triplicate Kid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Triplicate Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Also, big crowds of people. I know my wife hates giant crowds, as does my Mom, as do most my siblings. I was made for them.

I always excelled socially in High School and college when I was in large crowds of people and now I just thrive off the energy. One of my favorite places is Grand Central Station in NYC because you can just feel the energy when you're in there--hundreds of people walking through every second with things to do and places to go. I love it.

For me, it's a little different. I'm an unsociable, even antisocial, person. One might expect me to prefer to live in a low-density suburban area if not out in the country. But whenever I even go to the outlying areas of the city (Calgary, Alberta - one of the world's worst examples of urban sprawl), let alone a small town, I feel like an alien. I don't feel safe when I can see to the horizon in every direction. I'd probably feel more at home in Manhattan or even (at least until I tried to talk to anyone) Tokyo.

[ March 28, 2010, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: Triplicate Kid ]

--------------------
Tom Strong, on nostalgia: "I suppose it's a ready substitute for genuine feeling."
- Tom Strong #6, Alan Moore

From: Calgary, Alberta | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Right there on the cleaning / organizing.

The comic / gaming stores *loves* when I come in with nothing to do, because I get all OCD about stuff on the shelves and start rearranging stuff to put it in order or relevant products near each other.

It just bugs me to see stuff in the wrong place!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
70's music. Well, some of it anyway. Still hate 90% of disco, but there are a few songs here and there I still like.

And while there is a certain amount of smug "self awareness" left over from the 60's, there is a lot of stuff i actually like from then, as evidenced by the "smexy" thread and several others here on music.

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Carol of the Bells.

I even have a couple of versions that I'll play in secret when it's not holiday season.

[Embarrassed]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[Bump]

A little holiday cheer for all you Roadhouse fans.

Enjoy!

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Exercise. I have to do it, its supposed to make me feel "better", but all it really does is exhaust me.

--------------------

Something pithy!

rickshaw1
Leader

Swamps. A good fecund smell from a swamp with a bit of greasy tang to it from a fish bed... something about it just grabs that primal part of my brain.

--------------------

Something pithy!

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Toll roads.

I actually find the whole process of stopping to pay a toll oddly pleasing, especially in terms of breaking up the monotony of a long journey.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
Swamps. A good fecund smell from a swamp with a bit of greasy tang to it from a fish bed... something about it just grabs that primal part of my brain.

Maybe it's a Sasquatch? Oh sorry .... Skunk Ape!

[LOL]

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

eh, what would a canuck know about a good swamp. Ain't no gators up there, ay.

[Wink]

--------------------

Something pithy!

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by lil'rhino:
Jury duty!
I'm thrilled when that envelope arrives in the mail.
I love sitting in the jury pool waiting to get called becaused I'm just facinated by the cross-section of people sitting there with me. Everything from eccentric shut-ins who look like they haven't been out of their houses in years, to high-end professionals in fancy suits who can't believe their precious time is being wasted.
Once I'm picked and in a courtroom, watching the lawyers going through their song and dance is more entertaining than any TV show or movie version of it.

You think regular jury duty is fun, you need to try grand jury. Going into it, I knew that I would be picked seeing as I was unemployed. So, I didn't have the shock of being picked. It was 3 months long and at the start that seems like a long time, but it actually goes by pretty quickly. And by the end, most of my fellow jurors ended up liking it. One difference from regular juries that I liked a lot was that we got to ask the witnesses questions.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Another thing I really like but am not supposed to is really really strong winds. The kind that can either push you along or hold you back. They make the air seem fresher to me.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Quis, aren't you a lawyer? Wouldn't that disqualify you from duty?

--------------------

Something pithy!

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Nope, it doesn't. Even judges have to do jury duty. However one time I was called, I was doing volunteer lawyer work for homeless people. The case was an armed robbery. Each potential juror went up to talk to the judge, the prosecutor and the defense attorney. I think when I told them of my volunteer work the prosecutor didn't want me on the jury because of my bleeding heart.

--------------------

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.