Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Things you are supposed to hate... but secretly like! (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Things you are supposed to hate... but secretly like!
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Moderation hell. Go for broke if ya gonna do it. Heart attack by six.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
Moderation hell. Go for broke if ya gonna do it. Heart attack by six.

Is that six years of age or six p.m.? [Wink]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
[Wink]

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Getting older. I don't buy any of that hyper-expensive "anti-aging" perfumed Crisco face crap and I don't squeeze my middle-aged flab into "foundation garments," except on formal occasions, maybe.

When other women tee-hee about what their real age could be, like being both female AND living past the age of 21 is an affront to decency, I just roll my eyes.

It's both sad and hilarious that a woman's actual age is still so taboo that you can make other people's eyebrows raise just by saying, "I turned 45 years old today."

Ppphht.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
Miley Cyrus's "Party in the U.S.A"
lately when i'm in my Cab and i'm station surfing and if it comes on i find myself bopping my head to it.

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

It's okay, John. They have a patch for that.

[Wink]

--------------------

Something pithy!

lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Liver. I love liver. Longhorns has a deal where you get all the liver you can eat for 5 bucks. I definitely get my money's worth.
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by lancesrealm:
Liver. I love liver. Longhorns has a deal where you get all the liver you can eat for 5 bucks. I definitely get my money's worth.

In Oklahoma, you could get a box of 20-ish breaded chicken livers at the KFC (or a box of breaded gizzards). Yum! That particular menu item doesn't seem as popular east of the Mississippi...
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

That sounds a lot like chicken gizzards, Set.

--------------------

Something pithy!

future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
There's a Turkish dish that includes boiled chicken gizzards diced up and served with chicked broth boiled rice.

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it!
mmmmmmm - mmmmmmmm!! [Drool]

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
FK, there's a Turkish restaurant across the corner from my office. What's that dish called? I'll try not to order it.

;-)

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by lancesrealm:

So would I, if were fixing a decadent snack for three dozen housecats.

[Razz]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
The sun / sun bathing.

Yes, yes I know ALL about the warnings and whatnot regarding the sun and it's effects on our skin, blah blah blah ...

Sorry but after such a cloudy, rainy spring and late summer I am looking forward to getting some colour on my first vacation of this year.
Health Canada warnings be damned! [LOL]

Besides, this is the longest I've gone without some colour by the first week of July (where I'm usually tanned by about the 1st of June). Everything in moderation of coarse.

Right now I'm whiter than Casper's ass.

[ July 09, 2011, 06:07 AM: Message edited by: future king ]

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
The smell of a skunk. So long as it is not on me and so far it hasn't ever been on me.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Salads. My friends think I'm dieting too much, but I hate feeling all full and heavy. And it's not that hard to get raw vegetables to taste good!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.