Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Things you are supposed to hate... but secretly like! (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Things you are supposed to hate... but secretly like!
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I admit to liking my job commute when the bus takes me through the St. Johns neighborhood. Creeping hipsterism hasn't hit there in a big way yet, and the area still has much of the feel it did twenty-plus years ago-- when I first moved here.

It's just a great place to be if you like to people-watch, especially during the holiday season. Almost makes the time spent waiting for the transfer bus worthwhile.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome45:
A local donut shop used to make a Pepto-flavored donut, until the company complained about copyright issues. So the love of Pepto thing isn't as rare as perhaps previously thought.

[Wink]

Donuts and Pepto? Mmmmmmm.....! Two of my favorite things! Ohhhhhhh...the injustice that I never got to try one! [Frown]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Walking to work.

Waiting for a bus or a cab stresses me right the hell out. I fret about having missed it, or being late because it's not on time, or whatever.

Walking, I'm in control of when I get there, and I have a sense that I'm doing something, and not just waiting around. I'd rather walk thirty minutes to work than spend a dollar on the bus.

Walking home after work is also a nice way to 'decompress' and get work-thoughts out of my head so that they don't come home with me.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Doing something in construction/remodeling again. Loved my time as construction manager for Palm Harbor homes, as well as having been a private home inspector and one for the county. It's satisfying to work with my hands outdoors in shitty weather and being stove up, but seeing actual positive physical changes bring an old home back to life... something deeply satisfying about it.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Working retail at Christmas time.

It is insane and not for the weak at heart...but there is something about this time of year, when you can help someone find that perfect gift...or suggest something that someone might like nd the persons face lights up.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Beets. I found this polish shredded beet salad stuff at the store and *WOW* was it awesome.

Warning: Red Cabbage salad looks identical, and tastes heinous.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
The upcoming Three Stooges movie.

Everything in the core of my being says I should detest yet another Hollywood remake of some concept that I enjoyed as a child - especially one that attempts the nigh impossible task of doing justice to the lightning in a bottle comedic genius of the Stooges.

I want to pretend that this is not happening... that it is a horrible idea, and proof positive of everything that is wrong with cinema today.

But... god help me... I've seen two different trailers for it, and both made me laugh in the same "dumb guy" way that I do when I watch the old Three Stooges shorts.

What is wrong with me?

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
The upcoming Three Stooges movie.

Everything in the core of my being says I should detest yet another Hollywood remake of some concept that I enjoyed as a child - especially one that attempts the nigh impossible task of doing justice to the lightning in a bottle comedic genius of the Stooges.

I want to pretend that this is not happening... that it is a horrible idea, and proof positive of everything that is wrong with cinema today.

But... god help me... I've seen two different trailers for it, and both made me laugh in the same "dumb guy" way that I do when I watch the old Three Stooges shorts.

What is wrong with me?

...and it's now confirmed.

I must have been born with an overactive slapstick center in my brain, because I saw this movie tonight and, despite some of the typical Farrelly Brothers gross-out humor bits, I laughed like a moron throughout.

I'm sure it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I really did enjoy it.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The actor who plays Moe was on Jay Leno the other night. In the clip he played from the film, the Stooges caused a bell to fall off a roof and hit a nun in the face. Curly then says something like, "I don't know her, but her face rings a bell."

So, they got the Stooge's shtick down pat.

I gotta admit, I groaned when I saw a trailer, but . . . why not? The real Stooges will never make another movie, so it's good that their comedic legacy lives on.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KidChaos
Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KidChaos   Email KidChaos         Edit/Delete Post     
Washing dishes by hand in the sink.

It's one of those peaceful, daydreamy chores. Plus, sometimes you have to "pre-wash" dishes so much before putting them in the dishwasher it's like, what's the point? I have good memories, actually, of having to wash and dry the dishes with my sister every night after supper.

Also- providing hands on patient care (ie feeding, bathing, dressing, "code brown", etc) at work. Most nurses would much rather "supervise" or do paperwork or pass meds. I actually prefer the more direct care.

--------------------
"are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over- an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist."

-Tobias Funke

From: MI | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
It seems to be very "in" to hate on certain bands. Niickleback, Black Eyed Peas, NKOTB (or is it cool to like them now?). I admit to having fun with Nickleback, but don't really care wither way about them.

But, I really like the stuff I have heard from the Black Eyed Peas. It's just fun music to me, kinda like some movies are fun to watch. They really offer nothing really new to the art of music...but I like them crazy kids.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The BEP come across to me as modern-day minstrels, especially their white member Fergie. I find it very disturbing that a suburban stage brat like Fergie gets away with pretending she's all hip-hop and street.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

All artists are performers trying to convince you that they have cred.

Marshal Mathers grew up not too far from me. >shrug< Not that impressed. I do think he's talented...just not as hardcore as he wants you to think he is.

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, if we're admitting to love affairs with bubblegum and fakers, I have to admit once again that I own an Urge Overkill cd. I've had multiple opportunities to dispose of it, but I just can't.

Oh, and I like Rusted Root, too. But I look like a damn hippie, so maybe they don't count in this regard.

[Doctor Mayavale]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by KidChaos:
Washing dishes by hand in the sink.

It's one of those peaceful, daydreamy chores. Plus, sometimes you have to "pre-wash" dishes so much before putting them in the dishwasher it's like, what's the point? I have good memories, actually, of having to wash and dry the dishes with my sister every night after supper.

awwww I have lots of dishes you could do! twice a week even!

vacuuming and dusty are also available ....

<--- neat freak that dosn't like to clean. I'm too tall to bend over and do dishes at the sink ... it hurts my back ... yeah ... [Frown]

[Big Grin]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.