Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Let's talk about LSH #10 (potential spoilers aplenty)... (Page 12)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Let's talk about LSH #10 (potential spoilers aplenty)...
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh and where did Querl's "butt-wires" go? He had them outside with Cos. Dreamy make him take them off when they're alone, maybe? Or maybe he took them off to look less nerdy while putting the moves on her.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The wires help Brainy monitor every broadcast available while he's away from the HQ - about 30 trillion per sec. He doesn't need the link inside the lab as the tech there handles it. When rushing out to deal with the emergency he didn't have time to re-establish his link...which it turned out would have been useless anyway once Elysion destroyed the comm.

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
See, I love little insights like that. We really need a back up covering the tech being used. I think that would be great and would also be a bow to the ones that used to run ocassionally in previous series.

Thanks Barry!

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
No problem! We're very aware there's still a big gap between all the aspects we've worked out about the LSH universe and what we've actually been able to tell the readers so far. Some things we naturally want to keep under wraps, but some things like that detail I think it's okay for me to reveal. [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
And all this time I thought it was a Coluan hat. So it's just to watch the news, pro-wrestling and Coronation Street reruns. [Smile]
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh you just know Brainy is watching Desparate Housewives. He's gotta love trash like that. [Big Grin]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, he wouldn't watch Lost. He would have had everything figured out after ten minutes and gotten bored with the hints and teasing.

(I, on the other hand, am very hooked.)

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rjbrande
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rjbrande   Email rjbrande         Edit/Delete Post     
So - an explicit reason for the missing wires, but no comment on the missing force-field generator.

Hooray! Nura's alive!

(Just let me go for another month...)

Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Well it looks like I'm late to the party but I finally read LSH #10.

umm ... WOW! ... Where do I start? ...

OK - this issue blew me away! I've been pretty negative about this book for the last few months, especially railing against its lack of action or excitement but boy - be careful what you wish for!

I *LOVED* this issue though! This one issue is better than all of issues #3-#9 combined! The action was great! The excitement was there! There was some good characterisation! Some humour! Twists and turns! Interesting concepts! Fabulous art! A cliffhanger finish! Finally we have an issue worthy of bearing the masthead 'Legion of Super-Heroes'!

AND THAT ENDING...! My goodness did I get a surprise! I was SO not expecting a Legionnaire to die this issue - and certainly not Dream Girl - even though the clues had been there right from the beginning! It never occurred to me that the reson Nura couldn't see more than an hour into the future was because she was going to die, but in retrospect it makes perfect sense. That was some clever writing!

The execution of it was fantastic too! Those last 7 pages were some TIGHT comics writing and art! We're waiting for Brainy to say something 'humourous'; he says 'humerus' instead; one shot of Dreamy's face; and then BAM - the headquarters comes crashing down on top of them; Lyle searches for Nura in the rubble; thinks he's found her; and then BAM again - there's her bloodied hand sticking out from underneath some wreckage! Cap it off with one final glimpse of the remaining Legionnaires oblivious to the disaster at home and stranded on worlds across the galaxy and Lyle's distraught face realising just how bleak things have become and you have one KICK-ASS ending! Definitely one of my faves of all time!

I'm so torn re: Nura's fate though! She's always been one of my top 3 femmes on this team and so to lose her is a real blow. But it was such a good scene! ARRGGHHH! I don't know - I think if she turns out to be OK I'll be happy but if she stays dead I'll be happy too. (Though to be honest - I think I'd rather she turn out to be OK. Its way too early in the WaK era to be killing Legionnaires!)

Other great things about this issue -

* All those little 'L' Legionnaires got blown up or crushed in the plaza! I had just been thinking at the beginning of the issue when Cos and Brainy were making their speech to them how annoying I found those little 'L' Legionnaires to be and how I really wished someone would blow them up... and then 14 pages later it happened! Go Terror Firma! (Though the use of suicide bombers did have me thinking about recent events here in London and that was a little disturbing.)

* Elysion is a great bad guy! Perfectly E-e-e-evil and doesn't give a damn about it. Shades-of-grey villains have their place but sometimes I just want an out-and-out BAD guy. And Elysion delivers! Suitably powerful enough to be a serious threat too! Hope he survives this
storyline.

* 2 great bits of humour - Gim's 'foot' and Jan's 'quote'! LOL.

* I liked Cos splitting the team into smaller groups to tackle the threat. It had a suitably silver-age feel to it while at the same time being relevant to the story. I'd be pissed if I was on that Terror Firma-homeworld squad though! Were they ever undermanned! He may as well have asked them to leave their flight rings and locker keys behind before they left!

* I liked Imra's smack-down of Elysion and Jeckie's assertion of her membership in this issue! Both came across as powerful, kick-ass members. I'm not much of an Imra-fan but when used well and in small doses (as she was here) I like her.

* Costume update now that I've had 10 months to get used to them :
The Goods - Star Boy, Element Lad (except the colours), Karate Kid, Chameleon (though I REALLY want him to have his antennae back full-time!), Phantom Girl and Light Lass.
The OKs - Lightning Lad, Cosmic Boy, Shadow Lass, Triplicate Girl, Brainiac 5, Sun Boy (the leggings need work) and Ultra Boy.
The Bads - Invisible Kid (if that even is a costume its boring!), Micro Lad (it just looks like it was rushed out to meet the first issue deadline or something - sorry Barry), Princess Projectra (I like the purple and the white collar thing but the rest of it, *especially* the bare midriff, is all wrong), Saturn Girl (just dull, and pink/white and red/white are very tired on her - time for a whole new colour scheme) and Dream Girl (U.G.L.Y. worst on this or any other Legion team - but hopefully we'll never have to see it again now).

All in all a great, great issue! I'm sorry it took 10 months to happen but I think this creative team is finally in the groove on this book! My only worry is that it'll be too little too late when it comes to the bleeding readership. Whatever the next storyline is going to be the marketing department at DC needs to put some real kick into promoting it and encouraging the people who've dropped this book over the last few months (and let's face it - there have been a LOT of them) to give it another try and see how good this creative team, and this super-hero team, can be!

Sorry bout the long post! Can't wait for next issue!

[ September 30, 2005, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: Blacula ]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
The "bleeding readership" is very troubling to me, too.
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knowjack
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knowjack           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I find it ironic that a character created solely to be a straight guy's idea of the perfect "babe" should have among her loyal fans, a gay guy...
Life's funny like that.
---gay guy

From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't have enough time to read through all these pages (at work) but lemme just say:

Oh. My. God.

re Nura:

Oh no you di-ent!

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
Are we sure that that's Dreamy? The page before the one with the arm sticking out of the wreckage (Barry is there anyway you could put numbers in) Lyle grabs Dreamy's shoulder but she turns around and says who? in Interlac. Or is this another red herring?

-
Thumnail

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
The hairstyle (its way too short) is all wrong and she has a weird baseball-diamond like mark on her forehead...That can't be Dream Girl [Confused]
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
LAM, you really really need to buy a copy of the book or borrow someone's and read it. Honest.

No that's not Nura in the panels above but there IS a shot of her (or at least we're led to believe it's her) a couple of pages later.

No I won't scan and post the page in question because it's the big shocker of the issue and not everybody has had a chance to read it yet. I know we discuss all the particulars but it's still not the same as flipping through the pages in sequence and enjoying the experience for yourself.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.