Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Need A Legion Reference? Post Here (Page 28)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  65  66  67   
Author Topic: Need A Legion Reference? Post Here
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Can anyone verify the information Cosmic Teams posted about Echo?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Micro-Lad: The original or re-boot version (not the renamed Gim Allon)... anyone remember if he ever had a "real" name ?

Under Levitz/Giffen he was a wannabe' revolutionary and kidnapper-brainwasher. In reboot he was the guy who murdered a rival in competition for a space with the Legion. In either version, did he have any kind of backstory ?

Thanks.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Micro Lad was Lalo Muldron. Not familiar with his backstory in either version.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Regarding Echo, as posted at Cosmic Teams, they don't give much information, but that's how the story played out. He fought Cosmic Man one-on-one in that Adult Legion story. I don't think he was seen again.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, he was seen as a Legionnaire in that 5YL issue where Sun Boy's life flashed before his eyes. (Hero History)

And he was in the Superman/Batman story, and he's been in Lo3W.

Wow, I guess I already know about as much as I know. Thanks though.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd forgotten about the Superman/Batman. That 5YL appearance is a bit baffling, since Echo was a villain in the Adult Legion story, which I guess just emphasizes the fact that the Adult Legion stories were indeed imaginary. We get to take our pick whether Echo was a legionnaire, or a legionnaire turned villain, or maybe Sun Boy was just hallucinating.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Tell me what you know about transuits. I remember that they protect the wearer from the vacuum of space, but...

Do they work against inclement weather, too ? If you're wearing one when you fall into cold water, are you protected from hypothermia ?

Who invented the darn things ?

Etc.

--------------------

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

I think his hero history, FC, said something about him being against the Khunds. Because they were the ones who fused that oxygen mask on his face, or something, and that's why he became a Legionnaire when he did.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
My impression re: transuits (I'm not sure if there's a source to back this up) is that they are primarily designed to work in vacuums, but are fairly limited in general in regards to adverse atmospheric conditions. I'm pretty sure, for example, they won't protect from the extreme heat on Tharr. One would assume they would have to have at least some temperature regulation as part of their ordinary function, however, so they might protect you from an ordinary Earth snowstorm for at least some time.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Fat Cramer:

quote:
That 5YL appearance is a bit baffling, since Echo was a villain in the Adult Legion story, which I guess just emphasizes the fact that the Adult Legion stories were indeed imaginary. We get to take our pick whether Echo was a legionnaire, or a legionnaire turned villain,
Or a villain turned Legionnaire, like Blok. That's how I read it. Like, he was misguided and once separated from the LSV's influence he turned out to really be OK and eventually, a Legionnaire.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Many of the LSVers were retconned into being mind-controlled through the use of drugs 5YL.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
I'd forgotten about the Superman/Batman. That 5YL appearance is a bit baffling, since Echo was a villain in the Adult Legion story, which I guess just emphasizes the fact that the Adult Legion stories were indeed imaginary. We get to take our pick whether Echo was a legionnaire, or a legionnaire turned villain, or maybe Sun Boy was just hallucinating.

He was a villain im the 60s Adult Legion, but a hero by late 80s/early 90s.

Therefore it was his time with the Bunnymen in the 80s that reformed him. [Wink]

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Many of the LSVers were retconned into being mind-controlled through the use of drugs 5YL.

Really? Which issue was that from?

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Eryk Davis Ester

I believe its spelled out in detail in the LSH Mayfair Games Sourcebook (written by the Bierbaums), though there may be references to it in the text features on Mekt's rehabilitation as well (around #12 or so).

It was used to excuse a number of characters, like Spider Girl, Ron-Karr, and Saturn Queen from the more murderous aspects of the LSV's career.

This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  65  66  67   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.