Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Need A Legion Reference? Post Here (Page 25)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...  65  66  67   
Author Topic: Need A Legion Reference? Post Here
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Cleome, here's an Encyclopedia G. item that I had close by:

Winath: A lush agricultural world. Virtually all of the eight million inhabitants are results of identical twin births, the most common delivery on theplanet by a ratio of 983 to 1 --
Encyclopaedia Galactica

There were similar little entries for "U.P. News Report" and "Science Police Status Report" - always in a yellow box

If you need a visual I could scan it in later.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Bless yer' heart, FC. Mostly I just needed a reminder of the writing style and some of the fictitious "sources." If you have some more of the typical "sources," I'd love it. If not, no worries.

[proffers cookies]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phantom Girl
Long Live the Legion!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phantom Girl   Email Phantom Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm looking for all the entries of Grimbor the Chainsman and Charma that are out there. I'd like to read each comic they appeared in so that I can get a good idea of their powers in order to properly utilize them in my game. Can anyone compile me a list of issues they appeared in?

--------------------
I have lived for the Legion and one day I shall die for the Legion.

From: Bgztl | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
A coupe more Encyc. Galactica citations for Cleome:

Durla: Only planet of its star-sun, Durla once sustained a high-order civilization whose warlike tendencies ultimately ended in the six-minute war. The conflict reduced the planet to nuclear rubble, gradually mutated the natives until they gained the power to change their form instantly to adapt to circumstances... and ultimately created a barbaric tribal life on what is colloquially called "The Chameleon Planet".
-- Encyclopaedia Galactica, 2983 A.D. Edition

Durla, Continued: Each tribe has adopted a "characteristic" shape used in their rituals and worn by Durlans of the tribe who leave the planet. The relationship of any of these shapes to the natural appearance of Durlans is unknown... yet best available data indicates these shapes may be those worn by the primary ancestors of the tribe at "The Temple" -- the alleged source of the inhabitants' unique abilities.
-- Encyclopaedia Galactica

The Time Institute: An adjunct facility of Metropolis University, Earth, famed for research into th nature of time and time travel. Principal discoveries: the time scanner and time bubble, under the direction of Circadia Senius, Chronarch of the Institute.
-- Encyclopaedia Galactia

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Triplicate Kid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Triplicate Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
"Star-sun"... I'd almost forgotten about that Pre-Crisis-ism. What other kind is there?

--------------------
Tom Strong, on nostalgia: "I suppose it's a ready substitute for genuine feeling."
- Tom Strong #6, Alan Moore

From: Calgary, Alberta | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Phantom Girl: Grimbor appeared in Superboy # 221, Superboy & the LSH # 240, LSH v2 # 277-280, and LSH v4 # 51. He made a post-ZH appearance in LSH Secret Files & Origins # 1. He is also a member of Superboy-Prime's LSV in Legion of 3 Worlds.

Charma only appeared in Superboy # 221.

Grimbor's and Charma's daughter Cocheta appeared in LSH v4 # 51.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Charma did also appear in the reboot, in that story with the two Invisible Kids.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Good remembering, Matthew - issue was Legionnaires # 66.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks again, FC !

[Cool]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phantom Girl
Long Live the Legion!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phantom Girl   Email Phantom Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Can anyone recommend a good picture of one or more Legionnaires performing a particular heroic action? I'm not really looking for the run of the mill rescue of some sorts but rather something that really taxed the characters abilities. I'm also not really looking for the "sacrficing one's life" such as Invisible Kid or Ferro Lad's death.

--------------------

From: Bgztl | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Not really a single image, but a sequence that comes to mind, is the climax of "Earthwar". I particularly love this sequence because of the teamwork of two of the Legionnaires most diametrically opposed personality-wise, Element Lad and Brainiac 5:

Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phantom Girl
Long Live the Legion!

Those should work fine. I'll be able to utilze one picture for the heroic feat and another for the teamwork example. Excellent choices, thank you!

--------------------

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
That particular Earthwar issue has proved to me that how powerful Element Lad is. I have concluded myself that Element Lad is the most powerful member of the Legion. Certainly not Mon-El, Superboy, Wildfire, Ultra Boy....Element Lad...wow. That was when I was able to convince my friend that Element Lad is powerful. Mon-El is the strongest....Triplicate Girl/Duo Damsel is the most resourceful....Karate Kid is the most determined and will-powered (most indomitable) and that left me one debatable issue - which one is the most unluckiest legionniare - Lightning Lad or Star Boy?

I was inclined more toward Star Boy. YMMV.

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

So I was having a good time tooling around this space, when my eyes happened to fall on:

quote:
...Homeworld of Shrinking Violet, Imsk has been the most politically explored planet next to Earth. Back in the 70s, we learned that the Imskians hunt a race of space dragons who possess a certain energy and radiation that helps to facilitate their ability to shrink. Garth, Imra and Gim assisted Salu in collecting some of this energy only to react to it and be hunted by Bounty... -- Todd Schoonover, 2001

Anyone have a picture of this ? (I thought that Bounty was an 5YL character, but the writer implies that the event took place earlier-- pre-Crisis.) I'm working on a Violet-centric fic right now, and I'd love you forever. Thanks.

[ April 05, 2009, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: cleome ]

--------------------

matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
It was a different Bounty I think. At any rate it was not the same "violent-entity-in-Dawnstar's-body" concept.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...  65  66  67   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.