Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Need A Legion Reference? Post Here (Page 22)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  65  66  67   
Author Topic: Need A Legion Reference? Post Here
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
hey quick question, i'm working on a Persuader pic and i breifly remember in the baxter Legion series he and the Empress had reformed the Fatal 5 with Mentalla,Flare and Caresse, and correct me if i'm wrong but on one page it looked like the he and the Empress might've been involved. i'm thinking of drawing that pic with the two but i just wanted to know for the sake of it if those two were lovers.

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
I believe he was in love with her but it was unrequited, she had some affection for him as a trusted subordinate, but never saw him as worthy of romance. I don't think it was ever stated explicitly, merely that Levitz meant to subtly give off that vibe (as he clearly did).

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll ditto Chaim. That is my recollection as well.

Sarya brushed him off, as I recall.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, I've looked in all the obvious locales online, but I'm still coming up blank:

Anyone know the name of Imra's folks, or other info about 'em ?

Thanks.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Unnamed pre-ZH.

Post-ZH, Sydne and Borter are her mother and father, respectively.

Unnamed three-boot.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, CMK ! [Smile]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Don't forget her sister in the reboot. Jancel? And her mother had a name in the threeboot, I think, although I can't call it to mind.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Oh, it's you, Mr. Abstract. I almost bought a Legion Digest today on Megalo-bay even though I'm flat broke. [shakes fist] I'll get you for that, someday. [scowl]

--------------------

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:
Don't forget her sister in the reboot. Jancel? And her mother had a name in the threeboot, I think, although I can't call it to mind.

Sydne Ardeen is the name of 3boot Imra's mom as well.

In the pre-crisis, she had an aunt named Imra.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Hmm...must have missed that.

The things you overlook when you're not compiling a help file...

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
Her parents were Sydne and Bertor, named after two Saturn Girl fans (Sidne Gail Ward and Robert Dobiesz). Her sister was Jancel (after Tom McCraw's mother Jan).
Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Thanks, Klordny ! [smile]

Oh, here's another founder-related question. I seem to recall an old Legion story where for some reason, nobody's flight rings worked-- But Cosmic Boy could still fly for some reason related to his powers.

Anyone remember if that happened, and if so, what was the reason that a person who has magnetic powers can also get airborne ?

Or is my mind just completely shot ? [grumble]

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
In #297 or #298 (I forget which), Cos left his ring behind to fly on sheer magnetism in pursuit of the guys who killed his mom. He made a comment about it being faster, plus he was hunting them as a son, not a Legionnaire (and probably wanted neither to be tracked nor using Legion tech for what was at the time the intention to execute the bad guys).

He also started torturing said foes by tugging at the iron in their veins.

hope that helps.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

KS, that's *exactly* the issue/story I was trying to remember. Thanks !

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's one for which I've been trying to find an answer: Has Ultra Boy (in any version) ever manifested his powers as ultra-breath? I guess I've always assumed this was in his repertoire, but I can't remember if I've ever seen him do this.

Thanks!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  65  66  67   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.