Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Need A Legion Reference? Post Here (Page 20)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  65  66  67   
Author Topic: Need A Legion Reference? Post Here
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Be better linking to http://www.legionwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Legion_Publication_History - images (mostly covers in this instance) uploaded in the past ten months or so won't show up on the legionclubhouse/wiki link.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Does anyone know of any Legion-related pumpkin stencils?

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionboy
Ex Science Police/Honary Legionaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionboy   Email legionboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Two questions. Probably stupid but I've been searching for hours on the boards and can't find an answer, although I'm sure it's there but I am running out of stamina.

1.) TMK Legion. What does TMK stand for. I think I know all the other abbreviations but I can't figure this one out.

2.) In the Legion of Three Worlds (Lo3W--see I know some abbreviations) they refer to the 3 legions having met before. From what I understand this is in reference to something that hasn't been published. Am I correct or is there another story this refers to. The closest I could find was a story in the reboot era from LoSH #105 and Legionnaires #61-62, but I don't think that holds up with the 3-boot. (Don't have access to those issues at the moment to read and double check.)

Thank you for any help.

--------------------
There is no better Super Hero group to have ever been in comics than the Legion of Super Heroes.

From: BGTZL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
1) Tom and Mary Bierbaum & Keith Giffen - the creative team behind that era of the the Legion.

2) A later-corrected panel from Lighting Saga provided a glimpse at the never-before published story -

quote:
Originally posted by andrewnolan2001:
Do not, I repeat, do not look at the scan or read this message if you don't want to know.

SPOILER SPACE
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

Click for fullsize image

Attached is a scan of the original art to JSA #6 page 2 panel 1. The published version used a patch panel but the original art shows the original panel that was planned for the issue. My guess (pure speculation on my part) is that the editor thought this panel would reveal too much too soon and requested the patch panel.

The panel clearly shows that there are three versions of the Legion with one Superboy. One of the Brainiac 5's has a monkey on his shoulder and Gates apears in the panel so we know that the post-Zero Hour Legion will be recognized in DC continuity. One Lightning Lad is clearly in his silver age costume so the pre-Zero Hour Legion will be recognized as well. The Phantom Girl appears to have the WaK symbol on her costume so my guess is that the WaK Legion is the third. In other words, all three versions of the Legion not only met and were inspired by one Superboy, but all three met each other as well.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionboy
Ex Science Police/Honary Legionaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionboy   Email legionboy         Edit/Delete Post     
That panel is awesome. I'm going to color it in photoshop! Thanks for the TMK. I just assumed it was some other era separate from the 5YL stuff. It was so obvious I couldn't see it.

--------------------
There is no better Super Hero group to have ever been in comics than the Legion of Super Heroes.

From: BGTZL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting panel. The Legionnaires look very juvenile in that image. Not even adolescent.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Interesting panel. The Legionnaires look very juvenile in that image. Not even adolescent.
I'm chalking that up to artistic license. You can tell by the costumes when things are supposed to happen - Silver Age Lightning Lad has his robot arm, and the reboot Brainy has Koko on his shoulder, dating those two teams. And based on how they look vs how we know they looked, one could extrapolate that the threeboot Legionnaires have been similarly artistically de-aged.
Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I have a question that no one seems to be answering on the DC Boards. Can someone please tell me what happened to Aria Campbell, Gemini, or whatever name you'd like to use after the Timber Wolf miniseries?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Nothing. She was presumably living with Brin until he was pulled back to the 30th century during the Jamm adventure, but she was never mentioned again.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
So that means she's probably still in the 21st Century? I smell potential. Thanks for clearing that up.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AndrewNolan
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AndrewNolan   Email AndrewNolan         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by legionboy:
That panel is awesome. I'm going to color it in photoshop!

Can you post the color version here? That would be most appreciated!
From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by legionboy:
That panel is awesome. I'm going to color it in photoshop! Thanks for the TMK. I just assumed it was some other era separate from the 5YL stuff. It was so obvious I couldn't see it.

Well, I usually differentiate 5YG/5YL from TMK because TMK considers just Legion of Super-Heroes v4 #1 to #38 (or #39). Whatever came after that is technically still 5YL, but hardly on the same level of TMK's era. In fact, I think it's almost a retcon, since characters suddenly became two-dimentional and dumb.
From: Brasil | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
As someone who missed Legion Lost, and The Legion, I have a couple of questions.

1. What would you guys recommend I go back and try to collect? Either one? Neither?

2. I read something on a board about Mekt/ Lightning Lord reforming--when did this happen?
Thanks!

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
1. Everything DnA wrote for the Legion, beginning with the 'Legion of the Damned' arc in LSHv4 and Legionnaires, including Legion Lost and Legion Worlds and The Legion at least up until... what... maybe around #15 or so. It's still good after that, but on a lower level. DnA's last two issues (#31 and #32?) also give some nice closure to their run. The five issues of The Legion after that were fill-ins, but very good fill-ins; the four-issue Gail Simone arc that ended that series is one of my favourite Legion stories.

2. He reformed several times, actually: in the Five Years Later era he was at peace with himself and living happily with his boyfriend on Winath. In the reboot he reformed and also moved back to Winath, but was still a bit unstable. Never crossed back over the line, though. And in the animated series he quit Imperiex's service to save Ayla's life, and then turned himself in to the cops.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Legion Lost is certainly worth checking out. Coipel's art took some getting used to for me, but every time I return to it, I like it better. The story was very dramatic, very sci fi and had lots of character development. Bad things happen to Element Lad and Saturn Girl (just warning you, if you want these characters to be inviolate). The Legion continued from Legion Lost; I'd agree with Matthew that the first half of the run was the best. IIRC, DnA were also cut off before they could complete their planned run, so things got a bit choppy and a lot of sub-plots were dangling or not well resolved. The Dream Crime arc was interesting for those who follow Saturn Girl's ups and downs, although it wasn't one of the better stories, IMO - but beautiful art from Chris Batista. There was also a Giffen one-shot issue that didn't go over too well with the fans for its portrayal of Chuck Taine.

BTW, Legion Worlds (6 issues) was also from the period during Legion Lost, covering events on Earth, Winath, Braal, Xanthu, Steeple and Rimbor - what some of the legionnaires were doing while the others were lost.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  65  66  67   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.