Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Need A Legion Reference? Post Here (Page 17)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  65  66  67   
Author Topic: Need A Legion Reference? Post Here
Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
There have been many versions of the LSV. Sometimes they were adults interacting with Superman or the adult Legionnaires (like SUPERMAN #147 and ADVENTURE COMICS #354-355), sometimes they were adults interacting with the teen Legionnaires (like ADVENTURE #331), and sometimes they were younger and interacted with the younger Legion (like LSH v3 #1-5). They are all considered different versions from alternate timelines.

Hope that's clear. [Smile]

And to make things more confusing for you, the LSV that we saw in ADVENTURE #372 was the first "real" appearance of the LSV in the Legion's regular timeline, even though we had seen the Adult LSV several times in the past. Cosmic King and Saturn Queen weren't LSV members in this timeline.

The young Cosmic King made his first appearance in LSH v3 #1-5. His story was never really covered in the comics, but he was given an origin story in "Who's Who" which is pretty much what He Who Wanders says. Here's his Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_King

Saturn Queen never joined the "young" LSV, but she did appear in the v4-era book and married Matter-Eater Lad (long story).

Here's a pretty good, concise history of the LSV in all its incarnations:
http://www.mykey3000.com/cosmicteams/cosmic/lsv.htm

Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phantom Girl
Long Live the Legion!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phantom Girl   Email Phantom Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I understand that they have all of these versions which were pretty much decided many years after the stories were written. Ok, so the Adventure comic #372 was the LSV with the preboot teenager Legion right?

--------------------
I have lived for the Legion and one day I shall die for the Legion.

From: Bgztl | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
veryvery
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for veryvery   Author's Homepage   Email veryvery         Edit/Delete Post     
cosmic king, saturn queen, and lightning lord were also a part of a superman/batman arc called absolute power. cosmic king's powers had switched from element powers to that of cosmic boy's.

i never got why cosmic king has different powers than cosmic boy, it destroys my sense of order!

--------------------
http://www.adrianaferguson.com
http://joteivv.deviantart.com
http://superfuturefriends.blogspot.com

From: Seattle | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Ok, so the Adventure comic #372 was the LSV with the preboot teenager Legion right?
Yes, that's right. The "adult" LSV was never really mentioned again after the few Adventure issues, except for an appearance in LSH v2 #300 that showed they were from an alternate timeline.

The LSV in "mainstream" pre-Zero Hour continuity is considered to have started in Adventure #372 with the team founded by Tarik the Mute.

Phantom Girl
Long Live the Legion!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phantom Girl   Email Phantom Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Excellent thank you for the clarification. I agree with you Very Very, it does seem odd that Cosmic King's powers didn't mirror Cosmic Boy's when the character was created.

--------------------
I have lived for the Legion and one day I shall die for the Legion.

From: Bgztl | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Triplicate Kid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Triplicate Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Can someone please help me with when every made-up 30th century expletive was first used?

--------------------
Tom Strong, on nostalgia: "I suppose it's a ready substitute for genuine feeling."
- Tom Strong #6, Alan Moore

From: Calgary, Alberta | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klordny
Applicant

Grife! What a florgin' tough job that squadgin' thing is going to be.
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
I want to say that while "Grife," "Nass," and "Bloody Liberty," were early v.4 additions, "Sprock" was first used by Levitz.

Certainly, "Rad Burn You," was something that Levitz-era Science Police were always saying (I always took it to mean "may you receive a painful radiation burn".)

Without looking at the issues, I'm fairly certain that "Florg" was first used in the first Shooter-penned issue of the 3-boot.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom Girl:
Excellent thank you for the clarification. I agree with you Very Very, it does seem odd that Cosmic King's powers didn't mirror Cosmic Boy's when the character was created.

Don't forget that initially Cosmic Boy had "magnetic eyes". And Cosmic King transmutation power was in his eyes. So initially both their powers were "eyes that did something".

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klordny
Applicant

The cuss word "squadge" (or "squaj") came from the creative team always mispronouncing "Espionage Squad", it kept coming out "Espionage Squadge".
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
any one have a pic of super boy in the costume with the red stripe down the center

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by kidflash2fan:
any one have a pic of super boy in the costume with the red stripe down the center

Is this the one you're looking for?

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
No, he means the Alex Ross suit.

This tiny pic is the only pic of him actually wearing it in comic. There's a B&W sketch here and Triad gives the real Superboy the costume in Superboy v3 #45, but he never actually wears it in any core continuity.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
Ahh, I remember it now.

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Where is it revealed that Blockade Boy was the original clubhouse?

Also, and I hope this isn't too far off-topic,

For someone who actually wanted to try to do their own Legion Micros, where do you get the templates?

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  65  66  67   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.