Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Need A Legion Reference? Post Here (Page 18)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  65  66  67   
Author Topic: Need A Legion Reference? Post Here
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Arm Fall Off Boy:
Where is it revealed that Blockade Boy was the original clubhouse?

Also, and I hope this isn't too far off-topic,

For someone who actually wanted to try to do their own Legion Micros, where do you get the templates?

I thought it was Fortress Lad where he was used his power to become a Fortress and lost his memory, no thanks to Mnemonic Kid...I think it was one of the Annuals (Legionnaires Annual?) cna't remmy.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by kenaustin:
quote:
Originally posted by kidflash2fan:
any one have a pic of super boy in the costume with the red stripe down the center

Is this the one you're looking for?

Click for fullsize image

Now where is that from? in what book? I want to see that cool costume! Nice black and red...so cool
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah you're right Supes, it was Fortress Lad, Not BB. I've just heard about it not seen it, so it was a slip of the keyboard.
Does anyone know a specific annual number?

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
SECRET ORIGINS #46 (Dec 1989) was the first appearance of Arm-Fall-Off Boy, Mnemonic Kid, and Fortress Lad.

[Arm-Fall-Off-Boy] [Mnemonic Kid] [Fortress Lad]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
quote:
Originally posted by kenaustin:
quote:
Originally posted by kidflash2fan:
any one have a pic of super boy in the costume with the red stripe down the center

Is this the one you're looking for?

Click for fullsize image

Now where is that from? in what book? I want to see that cool costume! Nice black and red...so cool
Its from "Legion Secret Files 3003." Superboy (Kon-El) is sparring with Karate Kid. There are a few more shots of him in the black & red suit during the scene, but to my knowledge he never wore the suit after that issue. I thought it was kinda cool looking, too.

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phantom Girl
Long Live the Legion!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phantom Girl   Email Phantom Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm looking for a picture of Invisible Kid (Lyle Norg) Adventure Comics/Superboy starring the Legion of Super-Heroes version being shown using his power. I'm looking for some good quality art. Anybody suggest a issue for me or know of a good picture?

--------------------
I have lived for the Legion and one day I shall die for the Legion.

From: Bgztl | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's quite a nice picture of Lyle from the Encyclopedia Galactica forum right here on this board (though, admittedly, he's only using his power in the sub-pics):

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=000045;p=3#000031

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Some issues which spotlight Lyle's power that come to mind . . .

Adventure Comics # 307, 343, 345, 348*, and 358.

Superboy # 203.

I'm sure there are many others.

*# 348 has a nice cover shot of Lyle being partially invisible. Here's a link.

[ October 10, 2008, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: He Who Wanders ]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phantom Girl
Long Live the Legion!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phantom Girl   Email Phantom Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Who was the first Preseident of Earth who is mentioned by name in Adventure Comics? Anyone know what issue?

--------------------

From: Bgztl | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
It might be Kandru Boltax, from Adventure #359-#360.

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phantom Girl
Long Live the Legion!

Ok, that takes us to 1967. This would be a good start for my campaign. Do we have anything sooner just out of curosity? When did they first indicate that Earth had a President? Was Kandro Boltax around for quite a while or did DC keep changing this name/position?

--------------------

Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Boltax was President of Earth pretty consistently until he stole R. J. Brande's fortune and was replaced by Marte Allon. Occasionally they'd misspell it as "Kandro" or refer to him as "President Kandru" implying that's his last name (or that his culture has surnames first, like in many Oriental cultures), but it's pretty obviously the same guy.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
We know that Boltax had a predecessor, whose name we never found out. He was killed by Universo (in what appeared to be an accident), and then Universo (disguised as Boltax) took over the UP Presidency and outlawed the Legionnaires.

Per the timeline as established by the LSH v4 Sourcebook, here's the known list of Presidents:

* ??? ???? - Jul 2978: name unknown (assassinated in office by Universo)
* Jul 2978 - Oct 2983: Kandru Boltax
* Oct 2983 - Nov 2985: Marte Allon
* Nov 2985 - Nov 2989: Mojai Desai
* Nov 2989 - Apr 2995: Tayla Wellington (re-elected 2991; assassinated in office by Dominators)
* Apr 2995 - May 2995: none
* May 2995 - Jun 2995: Jacques Foccart (appointed after Earth's liberation; resigned)
* Jun 2995 - Sep 2995: Troy Stewart (in office at Zero Hour)

Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phantom Girl
Long Live the Legion!

Not all that long ago, I recall folks discussing how Duo Damsel lost yet another life over some rat attack (or something like that). Can someone tell me what comic title and issue this was in (month and year). I thought it was either the Lightning Saga or Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes but I have read both of those and don't recall it happening. So where did this alleged rat attack take place?

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
It was in Countdown (not sure of the issue number, but it was near the end)

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  65  66  67   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.