Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Need A Legion Reference? Post Here (Page 16)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  65  66  67   
Author Topic: Need A Legion Reference? Post Here
Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's one of Rond:
 -

Reflecto on the covers of Adventure 354, LSHv2 277, and LSHv2 278
http://comics.org/coverview.lasso?id=20776&zoom=4
http://comics.org/coverview.lasso?id=35462&zoom=4
http://comics.org/coverview.lasso?id=35537&zoom=4

Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Acid Digestion Lad
Legion hopeful

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Acid Digestion Lad   Email Acid Digestion Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Klordny, the results of my asking are posted up in my shiny spiffy graphics thread.
From: Bismoll, baby! Yeah!! | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Acid Digestion Lad
Legion hopeful

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Acid Digestion Lad   Email Acid Digestion Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
So I hate double posting but I'm in need of a favor if anyone can help. I'm looking for pics of various versions of Time Bubbles. I've got a great idea for something, but I'm going to need some help. If anyone can help that'd be most appreciated.
From: Bismoll, baby! Yeah!! | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Here are the time bubble and time cube.

There was also one Rond Vidar had in the postboot but I'll have to hunt around for it. I don't recall if it was an actual bubble or a machine that sent people hurtling through the timestream.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
There was also one Rond Vidar had in the postboot but I'll have to hunt around for it. I don't recall if it was an actual bubble or a machine that sent people hurtling through the timestream.

Are you talking about Brainy's Time Platform? It was meant to just send people and not go itself (Lori's sabotage that time caused various problems, leading to her taking the platform itself, but it was destroyed or lost in the return of Team 30 to the 30th century. B5 made a new one later to send Kyle GL back to the present, and had yet another one on Legion World).

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I guess that's it. I sort of remember some story with Rond and Lori using it (or discussing using it) and had thought that it was Rond's invention - and didn't look up the issue.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
There's been some discussion on the CBR forums about Lightning Lad and whether he can travel at 1/3 the speed of light. Apparently it was established in some comic book or other that he can. Anybody know anything about this?

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Don't ever recall Lightning Lad claiming super-speed.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Acid Digestion Lad
Legion hopeful

Yeah, same here, I don't ever remember that one at all.
Dairaioh
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dairaioh   Email Dairaioh         Edit/Delete Post     
I have a few questions/references, that need to be answered. When I first heard of the Legion. I was 7. My freind kept going on about how Mon-el and Ultra-Boy were stronger than Super-boy. In fact he said that there was a fight where Mon-el acually broke 3 of Super-boy's ribs and both arms.

1. Are Mon-el and Ultra-boy stronger?
2. Did the breaking of bones happen?

He would often say that Super-boy was third strongest. Is this true?

--------------------
Jin Rai!!!

From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know about any broken bones. Someone else will have to answer that.

As far as I know, Mon-el and Superboy are pretty equal in the strength department. Mon-el might have a slight advantage being older.

I would put Ultra Boy third in strength only because he can only use one power at a time and I would say that invulnerability helps when it comes to super-strength.

If your friend was also 7 (or there abouts) I think he might have been confusing Ultra Boy's Ultra Strength with his Penetra-Vision. The Penetra-Vison was said to be better than Superboy's because it allowed Ultra Boy to see through lead.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phantom Girl
Long Live the Legion!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phantom Girl   Email Phantom Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
I would say that Superboy and Mon-el are of the same physical strength, at least that is the way I have always envisioned them. Ultra Boy I rate slightly lower then the other two. Supergirl was once asked who was stronger, her or Superboy (in an Adventure comic long ago). She stated that Superboy was stronger simply because men are stronger than women. Keep in mind that this was also in the 1960's when there were greater barriers between genders as well.

In regards to Invulnerability, I would give all of the above the same rating, though Ultra Boy perhaps a bit lower.

In regards to fighting ability, I want to rate Mon-el a bit higher simply because he spent what a 1,000 years? in the Phantom zone. To my understanding this was a less than friendly place and I would supect he had more opportunities to hone his fighting skills when compared to Superboy or Ultra Boy.

--------------------
I have lived for the Legion and one day I shall die for the Legion.

From: Bgztl | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phantom Girl
Long Live the Legion!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phantom Girl   Email Phantom Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Can anyone give me some facts on the Legion of Super-villains, specifically Cosmic King.

What is the origin of Cosmic King and exactly is his power? Is it identical to Element Lads?

How about a really good picture of him as well.

--------------------

From: Bgztl | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
As I recall, Cosmic King was from Venus. An accident gave him powers of transmutation, but, as Venusians considered transmutation evil, he was banished. Embittered, he joined the LSV.

He was only seen in the Adult LSV tales. He never (to my knowledge) appeared in the teen Legion stories.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phantom Girl
Long Live the Legion!

Any specifics on his accident or was this never covered? Do the Legion of Super Villains only appear in the adult Legion stories? How are we to tell which are the adult Legion stories and which are not? In a few cases its easy because they make it known, married, children, Superman, etc. are shown.

In Adventure comics #372 they introduce the Legion of Super Villains, Colossal Boy gets expelled from the Legion (this story is reprinted in hardcover archives vol. 8, page 118). So does this mean that story happened to adults? I tis getting confused.

--------------------

This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  65  66  67   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.