Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Need A Legion Reference? Post Here (Page 42)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  ...  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  ...  65  66  67   
Author Topic: Need A Legion Reference? Post Here
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Why is there no thread on here about the new Adventure title featuring the Legion?

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Discussion of the current issue can be found here, in The Future is Forever forum.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I've never seen either of the Legion Sourcebooks. Should I seek them out? Anybody have any interesting visuals from them to post?

Thanks!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I think this is a topic we've talked about on LW, but I can't remember for the life of me if this is available somewhere: is there a list of all Supergirl's appearances with the Legion somewhere? Most Supergirl appearance listings have her entire history, but I just want to know when she was with the Legion. I'm mainly concerned with preboot history and the original Kara Zor-El (if there's additional info, all the merrier).

This would show it, but I'll ask anyway, am I correct that after Chuck & Lu's wedding, Supergirl was not seen again (by the Legionnaires) until the Great Darkness Saga. Unpublished unknown stories notwithstanding [Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phantom Girl
Long Live the Legion!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phantom Girl   Email Phantom Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Do we have physical statistics (such as height, weight, age, hair color, etc.) of the Legionnaires for the pre-boot or are they assumed to be the same as they were after they were booted? Need stats for my game.

--------------------
I have lived for the Legion and one day I shall die for the Legion.

From: Bgztl | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I believe the Sourcebooks were all text, with stats for the game and other entries about the legionnaires, such as favorite this and that... haiku poems, diary entries. Copies seem pretty hard to find, although I haven't looked lately. I have a couple of photocopied pages somewhere and I'll hunt for and post one later.

Supergirl did show up in the Great Supergirl Robot Saga (SLSH #204) just to say goodbye to everybody, and one final kiss for the green kid. *choke*

I'm not sure about the comparable stats for classic vs pre-boot, but they're available here in the Encyclopedia Galactica forum (Who's Who entries for the classic Legion and stats for the post-boot crew).

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
The first two Sourcebooks were good resource material. The third one was invaluable if you followed the 5YG storyline. T&M wrote it and it is pretty much considered cannon by this reader. They flash some things out in it.

I recommend it.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Does anyone remember if the Thanagarian woman from Lightning Saga had a name, and if she kept a hold of Dawnstar's Flight Ring?

Second request, there's a picture somewhere in one of the BITs threads of a cover mockup of Nightcrawler standing over a bunch of defeated Legionnaires with the cover-scrawl 'The Demon Who Killed the Legion!' Can anyone link to that? I can't seem to find the thread it's in...

[ January 08, 2010, 08:18 AM: Message edited by: Set ]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thanks for the notes about the sourcebook. It's one of those things that I'd totally buy if it was right there in the shop, but seeking it out, ordering it, blah blah is just.... well, just too much work! ( [Wink] )

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
The Thanagarian woman was not given a name. She referred to Dawnstar as Neela. In the final panel that she was shown in she was still holding the flight ring. The scene kind of cut off. Red Arrow, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, and Power Girl were still with her at the end of the scene. It's possible they could have taken the ring off panel, but it wasn't referred to again.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry:
The Thanagarian woman was not given a name. She referred to Dawnstar as Neela. In the final panel that she was shown in she was still holding the flight ring. The scene kind of cut off. Red Arrow, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, and Power Girl were still with her at the end of the scene. It's possible they could have taken the ring off panel, but it wasn't referred to again.

Awesome, thanks! I was noodling around with a fanfic idea involving the character, and realized that I didn't even remember her name.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Thanks for the notes about the sourcebook. It's one of those things that I'd totally buy if it was right there in the shop, but seeking it out, ordering it, blah blah is just.... well, just too much work! ( [Wink] )

Yeah. I had them all way back when they first came out, but left a lot of stuff at a friends house...and his mom threw all his crap out at some point...including the first two Legion Sourcebooks. I got them again through Ebay at a really good price for a ton of those things.

I plan on transposing some of it at some point...after I get through a few other things I'm working on going strong.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BouncingBear
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BouncingBear   Email BouncingBear         Edit/Delete Post     
Does anybody remember who Harlack the Khund wizard that hung out with the White Witch is? I've been trying to find a pic of him and am at a loss.
From: San Francisco | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

I remember the name, and I can see the panel in my head...not sure where it is though.
Sketch Lad
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by BouncingBear:
Does anybody remember who Harlack the Khund wizard that hung out with the White Witch is? I've been trying to find a pic of him and am at a loss.

Didn't this occur during the Zombie Legion story 5YL?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  ...  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  ...  65  66  67   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.