Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Need A Legion Reference? Post Here (Page 24)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  65  66  67   
Author Topic: Need A Legion Reference? Post Here
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't think she ever had a single word balloon. She appeared in the background of some Levitz-era Legion Academy scenes, and in the TMK era as an instructor for the U.P. Military Academy under Chuck and Luornu Taine.

Who's Who in the LSH gave her an entry and a back-story, but nothing else has ever fleshed her out.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting. Thanks.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phantom Girl
Long Live the Legion!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phantom Girl   Email Phantom Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Do we have a full catologue of all the characters that haved appeared in Legion (Legionnaires and villains both) along with their super-powers? Sort of a quick reference guide type of thing.

--------------------
I have lived for the Legion and one day I shall die for the Legion.

From: Bgztl | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't think there's a current one. There was a Who's Who series back in the late 1980s.

There's the 2004 DC Encyclopedia here, which is based on the postboot.

We could certainly use a new Who's Who and it should include all incarnations of characters, since their powers and personalities change.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phantom Girl
Long Live the Legion!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phantom Girl   Email Phantom Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
I found the Birthday thread for Pre-boot Legion, do we have any reference which tells us what year the character's were born, thus also be able to figure out their age in relation to one-another?

--------------------

From: Bgztl | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Triplicate Kid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Triplicate Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Remember, the Legion originally followed a rolling timeline, like most comic series. During Five Years Later, however, a fixed timeline was introduced. Its dating is the basis for the timelines here: http://www.mykey3000.com/cosmicteams/legion/index.html??

--------------------
Tom Strong, on nostalgia: "I suppose it's a ready substitute for genuine feeling."
- Tom Strong #6, Alan Moore

From: Calgary, Alberta | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phantom Girl
Long Live the Legion!

I knew they kept changing the "current" year in the comics to mirror the readers change in years, I assume that what you mean by a rolling timeline. I had hoped that somewhere along the line they actually said:

Saturn Girl was born in 2976 or Lightning Lad in 2977, or something like that. I'll check out your link, hopefully its what I'm looking for.

Edit: Yes, that would be the type of information I'm looking for. It looks real impressive. Was this the effort of a fan or DC?

[ January 20, 2009, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: Phantom Girl ]

--------------------

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
There was no 3boot map and before the 3boot, Earth was basically the same as it is today, except the cities sprawled more.

I don't think there were any substantial maps throughout the series. Sometimes you'd get a planet view, like for Colu, where you'd see that they had large oceans and three moons.

There was a galactic map in the gamebook which showed the relative positions of the planets in the U.P., the Khund Empire, the Dominator Empire and (I think) the Black Circle's sphere of influence was thrown in there too.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phantom Girl
Long Live the Legion!

Has anyone compiled some sort of map(s) of Earth or any other Legion world from the 30th century? I know scattered throughout the comics (especially for earth) we find name changes to cities, mentions of a polar shift (I think) which has changed some of the continents, that sort of thing. I'l be working on making a map of earth for the 30th century, is there any such thing already in the works?

--------------------

kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
any one know the issues with Chameleon boy's brother??? or a pic of Liggt

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
Pretty much only seen in flashbacks of TMK #6 & #8

[ January 25, 2009, 04:13 AM: Message edited by: Korbal ]

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom Girl:
Has anyone compiled some sort of map(s) of Earth or any other Legion world from the 30th century? I know scattered throughout the comics (especially for earth) we find name changes to cities, mentions of a polar shift (I think) which has changed some of the continents, that sort of thing. I'l be working on making a map of earth for the 30th century, is there any such thing already in the works?

There was a map of the v4-era (Giffen/Bierbaum) galaxy in the 2995 Sourcebook, which mostly makes sense, I don't recall seeing a map of Earth, just occasional glimpses of it from space.
Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Just a couple of requests, if anyone has the time:

Is there a good page somewhere specifically about the Emerald Empress ? Any/all incarnations would do. I've seen Wiki's page and a few others that pop up in the first page of a general engine search. If somebody's got a more obscure but useful page (especially anything that talked in detail about how various writers handled her powers and her relationships with the other characters) I wanna' see it !

Remember all those introductory quotes from fictional encyclopedias or news sources that would appear at the beginnings of scenes in the Levitz/Giffen era ? You know. The ones that said something like: Planet X is ruled by benevolent despot Fred Friedlander and is famous for its crawfish crepes -- Encyclopedia Galactica, 3009. I'm looking for samples of those online, because I need a reminder of how they were usually written out. If you know where to find at least a few of them, please tell !

Thanks.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's a start on Legion World. I know it's not all you need, but it's a start.
Emerald Empress/ Fatal Five

Just scroll down.

Also, from the 1986 DC Heroes role playing game, VOl.1: (Pre-boot)
Emerald Empress, alias Saryva(sic)
"After discovering the Emerald Eye of Ekron in the ruins of that lost civilization (the eye apparently an offshoot of Kryptonian or Oan ancestry), the Empress used its power to conquer her planet, Venegar. Ultimately, dethroned by superior numbers, she sought new worlds to conquer and became a founder of The Fatal Five.

The Empress has an affection for Superboy and can be tempted from her ways for brief periods of time by him. Fundamentally, she is amoral and deadly. She is aware that Superboy is totally opposed to her, and she usually carries a chunk of Green Kryptonite with her.

Note: The Emerald Eye can function independently of the Empress although it is relatively docile when the Empress is subdued. Its power can focus through the Empress for brief periods of time, even through Inertron. It is totally indestructible." Text by Paul Levitz and Steve Crow.

[ February 03, 2009, 01:08 AM: Message edited by: Arm Fall Off Boy ]

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, AFOB. Shoulda' mentioned that I read nearly all the LW "basement" infor my first week here-- long before I ever registered. (Shooter's take on most of the Legionnaires was way more than I wanted to know, too. [Razz] )

I always get confused as to whether the Eye is considered more scientific or more mystical in nature, but maybe that's something that changes every time a new writer comes along, anyway. I was also wondering if Sarya ever had any kind of backstory or planetary history, beyond her earlier career as would-be ruler of her home planet.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  65  66  67   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.