Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Need A Legion Reference? Post Here (Page 27)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...  65  66  67   
Author Topic: Need A Legion Reference? Post Here
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Chuck. Bouncing Boy and Duo Damsel's wedding was the end of the Cockrum era; Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl didn't get married until Paul Levitz came along.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Dude. Watch your mailbox for cookies. The non-exploding kind.

[Hug]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Otto Plastino
NOBODY MESSES WITH THE ERG-1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Otto Plastino   Author's Homepage   Email Otto Plastino         Edit/Delete Post     
I have that giant comic where Bouncing Boy marries Duo Damsel. Jim Starlin did the cover for that ish. I've often wondered if I'm related to Jim Starlin(I have the same last name). To my knowledge Jim Starlin only did a handfull of Legion covers but he didn't do any interior artwork for any Legion issues. Am I correct or has Jim Starlin worked on some issues of the Legion. If so does anyone know which issues? Also at the start of this thread there was something about best 80's Legion costume. My vote for most improved costume has to go to 80's Timber Wolf. Its kinda hard to rock Autumn colors but man did they pull it off.
From: Naltor trying to find someone to give me lotto numbers | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Jim Starlin did the interior art for Superboy & the LSH # 239 - "Murder Most Foul".

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Otto Plastino

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Otto Plastino   Author's Homepage   Email Otto Plastino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chaim Mattis Keller:
Jim Starlin did the interior art for Superboy & the LSH # 239 - "Murder Most Foul".

Thank you!!
From: Naltor trying to find someone to give me lotto numbers | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone got a pic of Weber's World (planetside) somewhere ? Even just one of those skinny-panel skyline shots would help out a lot with something I'm working on at the moment. Thanks in advance.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
From SLSH #242

-

-

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
gosh...see how strong Dawnstar is? Loved #242.. artwork was so good at that time. One of the best book ever out in the rack (before George Perez/John Byrne/Jim Lee eras).
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Otto Plastino:
I have that giant comic where Bouncing Boy marries Duo Damsel. Jim Starlin did the cover for that ish. I've often wondered if I'm related to Jim Starlin(I have the same last name). To my knowledge Jim Starlin only did a handfull of Legion covers but he didn't do any interior artwork for any Legion issues. Am I correct or has Jim Starlin worked on some issues of the Legion. If so does anyone know which issues? Also at the start of this thread there was something about best 80's Legion costume. My vote for most improved costume has to go to 80's Timber Wolf. Its kinda hard to rock Autumn colors but man did they pull it off.

Also he is still writing and drawing - right now it's Strange Adventures guest-starring Adam Strange, Omega Men, Hawkman, Captain Comet, the Weird, etc.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

So, FC, at this point I should probably be putting your name in the "thank you" section of the fic I'm working on. I don't know if that would be a solid career move for you, though. Let me know if it's okay.

[Hug]

--------------------

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
No problem - my career plunged downwardly years ago. [Wink]

Does anyone know if Weber was somebody in particular, or just a name taken at random? All I could turn up in a search was grills and carburetors - no statesmen or political philosophers.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, there is Max Weber (not to be confused with Max Webster), but I think it's more likely that the name was just picked to sound good.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
I always took the name as a total tribute to Max Weber and his work on bureaucracy. Weber's World was the bureaucratic center of the United Planets.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

Starlin also did the layouts for S/LSH issues #250 and #251 using the pseudonym Steve Apollo. The pseudonym was apparently used because the story in the two issues was originally intended for an oversized Legion special that got canceled. The change of plans resulted in a delay in the publication of the story and some "fixes" to the art. Both of which had a negative impact the quality and meaning of the story.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Otto Plastino

quote:
Originally posted by Jerry:
quote:

Starlin also did the layouts for S/LSH issues #250 and #251 using the pseudonym Steve Apollo. The pseudonym was apparently used because the story in the two issues was originally intended for an oversized Legion special that got canceled. The change of plans resulted in a delay in the publication of the story and some "fixes" to the art. Both of which had a negative impact the quality and meaning of the story.
Thanks for the info.
  This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...  65  66  67   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.