Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Need A Legion Reference? Post Here (Page 30)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  ...  65  66  67   
Author Topic: Need A Legion Reference? Post Here
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Well I dunno who thought it up but it's writing gold.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
In the reboot, one of Shrinking Violet's people died because of something called an "Auraflux," according to Major Spoilers. Anyone have the details on where it came from and how it worked? I know the culprit was rebbot Micro Lad, but that's all.

Thanks in advance.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
An Imskiite code named Ion was killed by an auraflux blade in Legion of Super-Heroes #66 (March, 95). Shrinking Violet, Micro-Lad, and Ion were competing to be Imsk's representative to the Legion. Apparition and Spark were on hand to welcome the new recruit. Ion dropped dead in the middle of the competition.

Violet explained that all Imskiites carry a special aura that allows them to change their size, the size of their clothing, and the air around them. A flux metal was developed that resists the aura's effect and doesn't shrink. It is surgically implanted in prisoners to keep them from shrinking out of jail. It's eventually revealed that Micro Lad had secretly implanted an auraflux blade in Ion prior to the competition and "it carved her to pieces from the inside" when she shrank during her demonstration. Vi uses some impressive martial arts to take Micro Lad out and earns her place in the Legion.

[ May 08, 2009, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: Jerry ]

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh is that what happened? I saw some of it in her Major Spoilers Hero History, but it looked like Micro-Lad poisoned her. I dunno.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Jerry, thanks!

That's just the info I needed. There was a little background on a pdf of the old Legion Outpost, but I couldn't get the blasted thing to a point where it was readable on my screen. (Gack.) Appreciate it.

[Cool]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Quick! Somebody tell me everything that's ever been specifically defined about Dawnstar's powers. Y'know, what limits, if any, there are regarding who/what/where she can track. If there's anything specific that enhances or subdues her powers; do they increase with age and/or usage; is there a link-up between her ability to fly and her ability to track (if one power is diminished, does the other automatically diminish as well?); what can she specifically do that a telepath or a machine cannot do tracking-wise, and so on.

Also, has she ever been linked to a particular NA tribe (or at least region of Old Earth), rather than just being considered a [Roll Eyes] generic NA?

Thanks in advance.

--------------------

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
She's generic NA as far as I've read. Also (somewhere) it was stated that she flies just below light speed. Really.

Don't recall any specific info re: limitations to her tracking abilities. From Who's Who:

Dawnstar is an exceptional natural tracker, able to chart specific persons or objects through normal or hyper-space and able to get a "fix" on local lifeforms. She can survive interstellar space without a transuit and can navigate through space better than the most advanced computer systems. Her powers are psionic in nature, combining tracking and probability-calculating talents.

Whatever that means.... but I would read that she has to know what she's tracking (as opposed to "find who did this"). Most telepaths seem to have a limitation of physical distance, whereas I don't recall any such with Dawnstar.

Also, I don't remember when she pulled out the probability-calculating trick. Nice - it suggests that if the track grows faint or she loses it, she can pick up the most likely path. But maybe they just threw that into the Who's Who summary?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Thank You, FC.

[Cool]

--------------------

Triplicate Kid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Triplicate Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
DC Heroes gave stats for her. Her speed was faster than almost any other character or starship included - 64 light-years per hour, wasn't it?

--------------------
Tom Strong, on nostalgia: "I suppose it's a ready substitute for genuine feeling."
- Tom Strong #6, Alan Moore

From: Calgary, Alberta | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phantom Girl
Long Live the Legion!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phantom Girl   Email Phantom Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Not Long ago, Adventure comics #0 came out. There was a picture of the cover that had the title ommitted as well as other type, so that it was just the picture. I've lost my copy of that and I was hoping someone could re-direct me to it?

Thanks so Much!

Just found it. This is a great site.

[ May 25, 2009, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: Phantom Girl ]

--------------------
I have lived for the Legion and one day I shall die for the Legion.

From: Bgztl | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
I just spent a few minutes searching the site for the thread where Barry Kitson explained how time travel originally was supposed to work in the threeboot. Something about how every time you go back to the past you create a new future, and that's why the Legion can read DC Comics. Does anyone know where that is?

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:
I just spent a few minutes searching the site for the thread where Barry Kitson explained how time travel originally was supposed to work in the threeboot. Something about how every time you go back to the past you create a new future, and that's why the Legion can read DC Comics. Does anyone know where that is?

The post you are looking for is here.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks very much!

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
Quick! Somebody tell me everything that's ever been specifically defined about Dawnstar's powers. Y'know, what limits, if any, there are regarding who/what/where she can track.

This is past the due date, but I was looking through some of the Baxter issues and Dawnstar says that her tracking ability is less clear on the planet's surface (interference, I guess). She also loses a track in space when her thoughts start wandering.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Thanks, Triplicate Kid! You, too, FC. (Not to worry. The due date got immolated when I picked up actual wage work last week, anyway.)

--------------------

This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  ...  65  66  67   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.