Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Let's talk about LSH #10 (potential spoilers aplenty)... (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Let's talk about LSH #10 (potential spoilers aplenty)...
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Superboymddjr what you suggested in your query to BK is what I see too. He also said something about *spoiler* A character going bald as part of the story. (I'll ask what a surgeon needs to do to treat a head injury?) *spoiler* in yet another thread. Put the two together, fingers crossed...

BARRY, if/when you read this post I'll let you tease me. But you are not allowed to say anything to the effect of "you'll find out when you read 11, 12, and 13." [tease]

[ September 28, 2005, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: Tamper Lad ]

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
*gasp* a _____ Dream Girl? something to remind me from the original Star Trek moive you know the female one I could not remember her name - Ilyia or something like that...is that her name? *snapping fingers* what's her name? the female one that Commander fell in love and went with her to the planet where the "Voyger" was crashed in and found...know who I am talking about?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Whew! I'm feeling more optimistic now.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
hey isn't this the first we've seen Brainy use his force field? he didn't use it when they fought Lemnos.

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
*gasp* a _____ Dream Girl? something to remind me from the original Star Trek moive you know the female one I could not remember her name - Ilyia or something like that...is that her name? *snapping fingers* what's her name? the female one that Commander fell in love and went with her to the planet where the "Voyger" was crashed in and found...know who I am talking about?

Supes, the name you are grasping for is "Ilia" and her falling for that hunky Decker is a confirmation that Deltans have excellent taste in men [Wink]
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Gee golly, fellas! Give a guy a break whydon'tcha? I mean, the books only been out half a day, I come here expacting to start a lively debate, and you're 79 posts into the thread already. [Razz]
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
I havent read any of the current Legion - and i'm not worried [Wink]
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I have another thought about Nura's power 'blanking out', maybe the Naltorian ability to see the future is strictly limited to events inside the ordinary DCU (in other words, their home universe). If she were to travel to this other dimensional homeworld maybe she can't see past the present.

Or perhaps the plot calls for her to be unconcious or in a coma for several days which would definitely cramp her style.

Vee postulated that maybe "the future is in flux" and with an Infinite crisis, dimension hopping and possible worlds being created and/or destroyed perhaps NO Naltorian can see anything more than anyone else currently.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
Gee golly, fellas! Give a guy a break whydon'tcha? I mean, the books only been out half a day, I come here expacting to start a lively debate, and you're 79 posts into the thread already. [Razz]

heh- imagine my surprise LAST NIGHT when I checked and the thread already had 33 posts before midnight my time?
Blame Mathew E, he started it. [Big Grin]

Oh and thankyouthankyouthankyou extremely for posting that thumbnail of the preview for the next cover NC. You da man!

Now that we've started "speculating" about it can we get Barry to link us up to the real thing, ya think?

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
One other thought.

The deification of Lemnos in this issue really bothered me, perhaps because it reminds of Valor. I really don't want Lemnos to turn out to be Mon at this point. "My" Mon could never be responsible for organizing or ordering the destruction of worlds and the suicide bombings we have witnessed.

Dev-Em, on the other hand...
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Did anybody else notice that Brainiac-5's supporters have adopted a new variation of the Legion's "L" symbol. That was a nice touch on Barry's part.

In fact, the art was fantastic overall, and I noticed that he seemed to make a conscious effort to depict some of the Legionnaires in a very youthful fashion, such as Dream Girl and Invisible Kid. Better still, Karate Kid is now clearly being drawn as a no-doubts-about-it Asian, instead of just somebody who may or may not have a bit of Asian blood in him. Diversity is great, don't you think?

One nit-picky thing, though: when Saturn Girl was in Elysion's mind, why didn't she confirm Brin's status? Just wondering.

Oh, sorry, one final observation: it really gave me chills when Brainy and Cos shook hands and swore to be allies. This is a sad reality, indeed, when two heroes who are meant to be comrades are so at odds that they must openly assert that they are now willing to be mere allies; in the old days, this was a bare-minimum given.

[ September 28, 2005, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: Mediocre Boy ]

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Brain injury is the simplest/best answer to her power loss.

As for Brainy, he was such a teddy bear in this issue. Where was constipated B5? It's very reminiscient of how B5 has always acted around Kara or Laurel. He was head over heels in love as of this issue. Could Waid be so cruel to him? His character always seems to suffer in love.

I have a question. When Dreamy reached around his waist in trying to activate the force field, was she trying to save a) him or b)herself out of fear?

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:
Question. Saturn Girl says she got "all the informaton I need" from Elysion's mind before leaving for Ttryxl. So why didn't she know about the sleeper agents in Legion Plaza??

Well, she didn't know she needed that information, of course. She went in with specific questions and found the answers the wanted. It simply didn't occur to her to root around for anything else.
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
It's very reminiscient of how B5 has always acted around Kara or Laurel. He was head over heels in love as of this issue. Could Waid be so cruel to him? His character always seems to suffer in love.

Maybe the feelings Querl has for the women you refer to, TL, stems from the fact that Brainiac 4 (in the previous timeline) was incapable of giving him the love he craved, so his fondness for blondes is a confusing hodge-podge of memory, loss, and a tiny little trace of obsession... [Shudder]
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
"THE MAN IS HERE"
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.