Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » MALE MODEL Discussion Thread (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: MALE MODEL Discussion Thread
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, maybe Dirk and/or Gim are doing something behind Nura's back in that picture. I mean, you can't see either of their hands!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Carry on, Sketchy!
Sketch Lad
Advisor

An experiment....
 -

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Another...
 -

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Perhaps after the competition, it would be neat to see each of the contestants in their 'native environment.'

Mekt could be farming.

Shadow Kid fighting off some Talokkian beastie with gold armor and crystal sword-like thing (since he's like, deputy 'Champion of Talokk VIII' when his sister's off-planet, like always...).

Chlorophyll Kid growing a tree (and the 'sporting wood' jokes begin...).

Magno dude diving for a Magno Ball in the exciting last moments of some championship game.

And I don't think I want to speculate on Grimbor in his native environment, since I'm suddenly thinking 'fetish dungeon.' Yikes.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Bah! I told you peeps that Questar was the way to go! Well, maybe I didn't tell you in so many words, but I *did* vote for him! I mean, if he's man enough to date Thora... (see Matter-Eater Lad: The Series # 20)!

I kinda wish I had voted for Quake Kid (S/LSH # 218)... that was one cute sentient-hugger.

Maybe for Dean's SUPER/MALE MODEL series 2... *hint hint*!

Meanwhile, the face shots have me all a-twitter. I myself don't mind long hair on guys as hot and manly as Mekt and Kort.

And I love that someone besides either myself or Eryk brought up super-fatassing. YAY, Blacula!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
this is all sweet an idea for next time maybe contestants get to visit the big legion wardrobe and model the costume (male or female) from legion history that they think suits best or this could be extended to modeling the outfit of there favourite 21st centry hero. Just an idea and long live the subs.

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
And I love that someone besides either myself or Eryk brought up super-fatassing. YAY, Blacula!

And I think I kinda mentioned Lester Spiffany in an earlier post too! You guys are rubbing off on me! [Smile]
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Okay folks, it's time to vote!

Please indicate the name of the male model who you wish to have REJECTED!!!

Reminder of pinups....

MEKT RANZZ giving the CELLULAR TRIM RAY to his innocent little sister, Lightning Lass

GRIMBOR standing before the MISSION MONITOR BOARD, loaded with the images of eliminated contestants

MAGNO LAD resisting being "chosen" by the PLANETARY CHANCE MACHINE

SHADOW KID in the TIME BUBBLE, nearly within the jaws of a SHARP TOOTHED BEAST

CHLOROPHYLL KID using his power on a BANYO FRUIT, to the delight of BEPPO THE SUPERMONKEY

Get your votes in. I'll be taking a break from creating for a bit, and I don't have a deadline for the voting. Any suggestions on how long to leave the polls open?

Any other discussion of the challenge is welcomed, of course!

[ September 10, 2006, 06:31 AM: Message edited by: Sketch Lad ]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Magno Lad

These are all great, Grimbor and Chlorophyll Kid, especially.

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Mekt.
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Magno Lad
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
OK. Time for me to start channeling some Tyra.

Mekt - Didn't really do it for me. He looked cute enough but he allowed the Cellular Trim Ray to dominate the pciture instead of him. Big No-No.

Grimbor - Great pic! Showed strength and personality and allowed us to see his powers at work on the lucky boys in the background.

Magno Lad - Seemed a little bit taken by surprise by that tiny planet but I kinda liked the naturalness (is that a word?) of it and there's no denying he looked good. Especially the side-burns!

Shadow Kid - A surprising disappointment. Like Mekt he let his prop and in this case his surroundings way overshadow him. I couldn't get any personality from the pic and couldn't even tell if he looked good or not. What a shame.

Chlorophyll Kid - Cute pic. Worked his props well and all involved looked like they were having a fun time. I think I preferred Ral with the blonde hair but the green looks pretty good too.

The Judges - The Empress's head-gear is faboo! She should win this comp just for that! And Nura looked great in that first pic with Stefannaci and Quislet!

The Winner - Has to be... Grimbor! He worked that picture!

The Loser - Tough call between Mekt and Shadow Kid but only because one has more potential than the other, the photo in my hand belongs to... Mekt!

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Chlor is my early favorite (hard to beat giant fruit and a monkey), but I liked Grimbor and Shadow Kid quite a bit as well.

Mekt looked a bit uncomfortable and unnatural in his pic. I would've recommended either using the cellular trim ray for something, or, if he's going to follow the gift motif, at least give it to someone who needs it. A bow on the ray would've been a nice touch as well.

Magno Lad seems to miss that part of the humor value in the PCM is that fact that it typically boinks the person in the head, and by turning his back on it, it's almost like he's scared of the thing or something. And it would've been better if he were re-directing the planet to another person in the pic.

Anyway, it's a tough choice but I'm voting for Mekt to depart.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
Shadow Kid as the reject. It could really have been anyone in that pic of him, since the surroundings draw attention away from him.

(Though Magno Lad could use some work; his body seemed to be shrinking away the lower it got from those hyper-muscled shoulders and arms. He is not Megaton Man! [Smile] )

Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.